Edinburgh City

Edinburgh city with 128 are way way off Annan, currently 2nd bottom with 447 as it stands.

Eta. A round being 9 games

Annan when in eosfl were hardly bringing in the crowds. Edinburgh is a bigger catchment area.

I would expect city s crowd average to at least double your figure quoted.

From memory, Elgin's crowds have always been fairly 'respectable' at least and in their time in L2, they've had quite a few seasons like Arbroath just had, to be fair to them.

It's interesting that Elgin had a higher average the Peterhead. It's also interesting that the two highest attendance (even though Arbroath were pish) were clubs that had proper football grounds. Could be something in that. Whereas, East Fife, Stirling and Clyde who are all more central and certainly traditionally bigger clubs than Elgin and about equal to Arbroath got lower crowds in lego brick stadiums.

I'd get my tin hat on if I were you.

I hope Edinburgh City establish themselves in senior football. For selfish reasons: I fancy a couple of days out in Edina. And for less selfish reasons: I watched a couple of Edinburgh's matches this year and was quite impressed; like Annan before them, I reckon they'll make things more competitive before long.

Welcome to the basement, Tam and company.

They're already established in "senior" football.

No they aren't.

ERM YES THEY ARE!......

They might get pumped rotten next season and go straight back down.

THEN AGAIN THEY MIGHT NOT!.......

A few solid seasons in League 2 would ensure they have established themselves.

They are already established and have been for years.

What would you class them as if they are not "senior" ?

Edited by newcastle broon

Edinburgh City have signed Neil Martyniuk ex-Hibs and Ex-St.Johnstone player!

He was on loan at montrose last year was okay but nothing special,am sure he had a stint at Berwick rangers aswell

It would be interesting to see the home support of any lowland league club if promoted. The at least doubling of entry fee would surely put some off.

But are they doubling prices though ?

At £120 for a season ticket that works out very cheap and is hardly in line with doubling prices.

With the masses of away followings in the division I think some might be surprised by the City crowds.

It would be interesting to see the home support of any lowland league club if promoted. The at least doubling of entry fee would surely put some off.

I'd be astonished if any Lowland League club promoted to SPFL2 did not see an upturn in attendances, most probably a substantial one.

Annan Athletic were averaging something like 150 to 200 in EOSL, IIRC, and in SFL3/SPFL2 have averaged 729, 491, 458, 473, 641, 409, 393, 447.

I'll be very surprised if Edinburgh City don't comfortably improve on their figure of about 150 in SPFL2 next season.