Edinburgh City

I'm looking forward to the Meadowbank homecoming, there's +5 on most of your home gates straight away.

I think Friday night's were always going to be hit or miss, but Meadowbank is closer to the bypass and easier to get to for away fans than Ainslie imo. Also, there's a shitload of student flats gthat are continuing to get chucked up within 5 minutes of the ground, tap into that market and you're laughing.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Only club I think it really worked for was Tranmere.

Tried it for a bit about 30+years ago. They were used as an example in the Chairman's programme notes. They've played Saturday's since the 90s/00s I think.

1 hour ago, Namond Brice said:

I'm looking forward to the Meadowbank homecoming, there's +5 on most of your home gates straight away.

I think Friday night's were always going to be hit or miss, but Meadowbank is closer to the bypass and easier to get to for away fans than Ainslie imo. Also, there's a shitload of student flats gthat are continuing to get chucked up within 5 minutes of the ground, tap into that market and you're laughing.

I dont think they've ever tried the student market but it's make sense considering how the area is going.

For those who claimed AP wasn't designed by someone who watched football have a peek over the fence at Marionville Road... Funny how they could build a stand 52 years ago that had nothing blocking the sightlines and can't now.

Nice orange seats though.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

For those who claimed AP wasn't designed by someone who watched football have a peek over the fence at Marionville Road... Funny how they could build a stand 52 years ago that had nothing blocking the sightlines and can't now.

Nice orange seats though.

The latest pictures in the club programme, around a month ago, had nothing in the way of the stand. Has something been added since?

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Remember Albion Rovers tried it in the mid 90s for a few games.

We played Stenny on a Friday night before a Scotland game in 98.

Only club I think it really worked for was Tranmere.

Which unfortunately clashed with The Tube, so that Half Man Half Biscuit had to turn down an invite to appear because they didn't want to miss the game.

Thanks for the info on the move back to Meadowbank, not ideal that it's been pushed back but not exactly a lot we can do about it.

I have to say, I was very enthusiastic about Friday night football, but it's becoming more problematic for me due to other commitments and the location of Ainslie Park. The move to Meadowbank makes both things easier tenfold. Once in and back to 3pm Saturday, I think that will help the club massively.

5 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

Once in and back to 3pm Saturday, I think that will help the club massively.

We'll be waiting awhile for that unfortunately.🙄

4 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

On a separate note, were City as bad as I've heard on Friday? Any positives we can take from the game? 😑

Yes and apart from Schwake, no.

4 hours ago, Pete83 said:

On a separate note, were City as bad as I've heard on Friday? Any positives we can take from the game? 😑

I think getting a point out of a game we should have comfortably lost is a positive. Might be crucial at the end of the season to see if we finish either 4th or 5th. No danger of City getting any higher up the table than that having seen Stirling, Kelty and Annan play. 

4 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I think getting a point out of a game we should have comfortably lost is a positive. Might be crucial at the end of the season to see if we finish either 4th or 5th. No danger of City getting any higher up the table than that having seen Stirling, Kelty and Annan play. 

Is that the same Annan we did 3-1 at Galabank not so long ago?

Tbf maybe we caught them on an off day 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Is that the same Annan we did 3-1 at Galabank not so long ago?

Tbf maybe we caught them on an off day 

Yes! Fair point 😀

I see the club are advertising for a Head Physio. With all the recent injuries under Naysmith I think the horse might have bolted already.....

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2021/10/05/be-part-of-city/?fbclid=IwAR2CgPcYL8iq581bzLw0HCdYUf6KJMA39QS2xTSRfaoCno5fyN2c3X1hwEw

lDuring Lockdown, I was so desperate to read anything football related I resorted to looking back at posts from a few years back. They make pretty cringeworthy reading.  After a game against Arbroath I opined that Henderson was never a left back(and for good measure that Fraser Mullen was never a right back).He gifted a goal with a suicide pass across his own penalty area and got roasted by Bobby Linn . He's come a long way since then. He will always be fondly remembered at Central Park for sticking away  a vital penalty  in the shootout. How we finished bottom with that squad is mind boggling.

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

lDuring Lockdown, I was so desperate to read anything football related I resorted to looking back at posts from a few years back. They make pretty cringeworthy reading.  After a game against Arbroath I opined that Henderson was never a left back(and for good measure that Fraser Mullen was never a right back).He gifted a goal with a suicide pass across his own penalty area and got roasted by Bobby Linn . He's come a long way since then. He will always be fondly remembered at Central Park for sticking away  a vital penalty  in the shootout. How we finished bottom with that squad is mind boggling.

Down to having a Pish manager before Locke came in.