Edinburgh City

Just now, GordonD said:

Sack the Board!

Blobby! Blobby! Blobby! Out! Out! Out!

Sorry, nineties flashback there...

We've decided to move the club to your back green in the hope of attracting a fat pile of public money more fans. We'll then go bust 4 times. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

We've decided to move the club to your back green in the hope of attracting a fat pile of public money more fans. We'll then go bust 4 times. 

To paraphrase Bill Shankly, I wouldn't open my curtains!

59 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Rightly hasnt gone down well. From the cheapest ST in UK league football to the most expensive in L2.

No Early Bird/Renewal discount, the only club not do so (it seems). Some thank you to fans who stuck by the club and put their money in, throughout the pandemic. ST holders werent even offered a refund due to the shortened season. All of this has put people off. Between Friday night football, these prices and the ridiculous walk up price (though thats not just City), there seems to be quite a lot deciding to be more careful with their money. At a time when the club are going back to Meadowbank and there was a bit of buzz about going back, the club havent thought their pricing, or PR strategy, through.

Yeah, it's hard to argue with a lot of what you've stated there Fatboy.

I was surprised at the prices too, although with my youngest being 10 this year, she at least gets free entry whether we pull the trigger on a Season Ticket or not.

The walk up price of £14 is steep, no doubt about it but seems a few clubs are charging that. It was only £12 to watch us play Accies a few weeks ago as well in the League Cup.

Friday night for me is a pain in the arse at Ainslie Park, Meadowbank less so. Hope the prices don't end up hitting the club in the pocket mind given the frustration from fans with pricing.

Edited by Pete83

40 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

Yeah, it's hard to argue with a lot of what you've stated there Fatboy.

I was surprised at the prices too, although with my youngest being 10 this year, she at least gets free entry whether we pull the trigger on a Season Ticket or not.

The walk up price of £14 is steep, no doubt about it but seems a few clubs are charging that. It was only £12 to watch us play Accies a few weeks ago as well in the League Cup.

Friday night for me is a pain in the arse at Ainslie Park, Meadowbank less so. Hope the prices don't end up hitting the club in the pocket mind given the frustration from fans with pricing.

The late release of the ST's was a poor strategy. They should've been released at the same time as the Friday night announcement, before people decided they didnt fancy it (lets be honest, it hasnt been overly well received at all). 'Cash-in' while there was some interest and use that to try and boost sales. They bizarrely released them 5 weeks later. Still no sign of the new kit, shirt sponsorship or new signings. Not exactly the way to get folk to buy a season ticket or get on board with the price increase, either for that or the walk-up. Add in more games at Ainslie Park, a dire place to watch football, and its not a recipe to get fans excited.

EDIT - obviously hope it all works out. But from seeing comments and discussions with the 'core support', I'm concerned.

Edited by FatboyFatFTS

Totally agree. 

I'm becoming so disillusioned it's beyond belief. Tried to stay off this site but thought I'd say a few words. The season ticket prices are a bit of a joke, the new shirt debacle is farcical and the manager has cleared a squad out without bringing in enough quality replacements.  Is something going on behind closed doors that we don't know about? I'm genuinely concerned if there is. Another reason I'm a bit annoyed is I wanted to get a bus running to Albion on Saturday, however bus prices are ridiculously high so this season will be a struggle to put buses on. Extremely deflating as myself and another had some really great plans for away travel etc. 

There's a massive part of me that just wants to say "f**k this I've had enough" but it's in the blood now isn't it.

Edited by Good Citizen Bad Citizen
Typo

Totally agree. 
I'm becoming so disillusioned it's beyond belief. Tried to stay off this site but thought I'd say a few words. The season ticket prices are a bit of a joke, the new shirt debacle is farcical and the manager has cleared a squad out without bringing in enough quality replacements.  Is something going on behind closed doors that we don't know about? I'm genuinely concerned if there is. Another reason I'm a bit annoyed is I wanted to get a bus running to Albion on Saturday, however bus prices are ridiculously high so this season will be a struggle to put buses on. Extremely deflating as myself and another had some really great plans for away travel etc. 
There's a massive part of me that just wants to say "f**k this I've had enough" but it's in the blood now isn't it.

Feel your pain mate and we’ve all been there at some point I’m sure

14 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Feel your pain mate and we’ve all been there at some point I’m sure

Our board mean well, they do, they are good people, but this pre-season has been thoroughly disappointing to say the least. Hardly anyone has the buzz for the new season starting this time around. That said, I'll still part with my hard earned cash throughout the season despite my moans.

I remember getting excited about signing a guy from Lothian sodding Thistle* in the close season.

Maybe we've been spoiled the last few years and it's reverted back to the City way: cups for cock-ups.

*Mike "Cess" Sinclair. A decent enough player to be fair.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I remember getting excited about signing a guy from Lothian sodding Thistle* in the close season.

Maybe we've been spoiled the last few years and it's reverted back to the City way: cups for cock-ups.

*Mike "Cess" Sinclair. A decent enough player to be fair.

Not as bad as 2017/18 pre season where we signed the worst players in City history. Only one when on to cement himself and became club captain, the rest were absolute riddys. 

18 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

I'm becoming so disillusioned it's beyond belief. the new shirt debacle is farcical and the manager has cleared a squad out without bringing in enough quality replacements.  

I think this is the main reason there's No buzz or excitement for Edinburgh City fans.

At this time of year most fans are optimistic their team might have been improved.

We clearly have gone backwards and though not fair to pick anyone out it's Naysmith that's done the damage to the team.

The Friday night shambles, looks like the board of directors have been caught out by their hurry to get back to Meadowbank, (should have just waited another season,  imho) and now been left with the scraps at Ainslie Park now LTHV have moved in our place.

19 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Totally agree. 

Hopefully the feeling disillusionment is temporary mate. As BB_Bino states above, fans of all clubs get this crap feeling once in a while. I used to stay off the site, but tend to just focus on this thread as there's some good posters in here who care about the club. It's not like there's thousands of us out there. I've began contributing  a bit more, not sure if folk give a shit mind but that's what this place is for... 😆

Everything that yourself, Fatboy and Tenkay have stated are fair comments and valid points of criticism of the club. It's hard to put the finger on what is more frustrating, the squad rebuild, the Friday night football, the ticket pricing or the lack of info on the new top. The season starts properly on Saturday after all so I can understand us feeling a little more negative at the moment.

Hopefully you you feel better on Saturday at 5pm when City run out 3-0 winners in the opener... 😎

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I think this is the main reason there's No buzz or excitement for Edinburgh City fans.

At this time of year most fans are optimistic their team might have been improved.

We clearly have gone backwards and though not fair to pick anyone out it's Naysmith that's done the damage to the team.

The Friday night shambles, looks like the board of directors have been caught out by their hurry to get back to Meadowbank, (should have just waited another season,  imho) and now been left with the scraps at Ainslie Park now LTHV have moved in our place.

Staying another full season would be as risky as the Friday nights. The attendance has dropped considerably (I read elsewhere down by a third!) despite performances on the park being considerably better. That indicates a problem with where you're watching games rather than much else. Thats a huge reason why there's little buzz about things - we're still going to be at AP for a good bit of the season.

Add in that the club are unable to do anything at AP, such as a fanzone, because they're 'not allowed' and you can see further difficulties. Not to mention (if the strong rumours are true) as soon as Meadowbank became an option, they were told there'd be a small delay and could to play away for the first few games. I think there's a bit more to it than a rush to leave and the spot getting taken.

22 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

as soon as Meadowbank became an option, they were told there'd be a small delay and could to play away for the first few games. I think there's a bit more to it than a rush to leave and the spot getting taken.

OK mate, a couple of questions for you!

What's the latest on when we'll actually play our first game in Meadowbank?

Also, once we are back in Meadowbank will we change back to Saturday afternoon kick offs or still be stuck with Friday nights?

30 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Staying another full season would be as risky as the Friday nights.

Also, the reason I said we should have stayed another season was wait until Meadowbank was COMPLETELY finished.

By that I mean the big extra stand we're supposed to be getting on the opposite side.

What's the latest with that?

At the moment, even If we did get into Meadowbank we'd be left with a small three row shed designed for athletics viewing.

11 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

OK mate, a couple of questions for you!

What's the latest on when we'll actually play our first game in Meadowbank?

Also, once we are back in Meadowbank will we change back to Saturday afternoon kick offs or still be stuck with Friday nights?

November. As per the Friday night PR, Meadowbank is due to be handed over at the start of October.

No. As I understand, the change would only be allowed, by the league, for an entire season.

4 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Also, the reason I said we should have stayed another season was wait until Meadowbank was COMPLETELY finished.

By that I mean the big extra stand we're supposed to be getting on the opposite side.

At the moment, even If we did get into Meadowbank we'd be left with a small three row shed designed for athletics viewing.

I think the PR said that the stand opposite would need to be designed and go through planning permission.

As for staying another season, the club might not (as in didnt)  have many options as 'tenants' - 'you've have a home, now beat it'.

As I said, there's a bit more to it. Add in all the issues that the vast majority have with AP and there you have why staying at AP, for another season, would be risky.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Yeah, that is a little bit shit - I'd agree. Are we going to be able to stand on the track at the side of the pitch given the lack of seats initially? Not to sure how the return looks in terms of fans through the turnstiles.

8 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

Yeah, that is a little bit shit - I'd agree. Are we going to be able to stand on the track at the side of the pitch given the lack of seats initially? Not to sure how the return looks in terms of fans through the turnstiles.

In terms of 'lack of seats', there's the same amount as at AP.

As for standing around the pitch, I guess thats down to the SPFL. At least there wont be any grass bankings for them to go in a huff over. 😂

49 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

In terms of 'lack of seats', there's the same amount as at AP.

As for standing around the pitch, I guess thats down to the SPFL. At least there wont be any grass bankings for them to go in a huff over. 😂

Just googled it (I know!) and there are 504 seats at Ainslie Park so you are spot on. I'd imagine we will get to stand somewhere in the new stadium then whilst we await the new stand/planning permission etc.

I've never understood the grass banks nonsense, Alloa play with a little mud castle behind one of their goal mouths! 😂