Edinburgh City

48 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

1) Funnily enough cash strapped Edinburgh Council are doing it on the cheap. I did notice a pitch was laid when I went past the other day but the plans for the ground were barely suitable for Leith fucking Athletic let alone Edinburgh's 3rd SPFL club.

2) Effectively yes. Any Arab billionaires want to invest in a going concern.. 

City's future ground plans are like the Bermuda Triangle, the JFK assassination and the offside rule in rugby union. A riddle wrapped inside a mystery wrapped inside an enigma.

I can't understand this really. I would have thought in recent times, Edinburgh City would have been the main tennants of Meadowbank stadium, nothing else was happening there on the same scale. 

The Edin Council has effectively chucked them out. Disgraceful 

7 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I can't understand this really. I would have thought in recent times, Edinburgh City would have been the main tennants of Meadowbank stadium, nothing else was happening there on the same scale. 

The Edin Council has effectively chucked them out. Disgraceful 

If it's not a hotel or student accommodation the council don't care. Theme park Edinburgh 

• 2 weeks later...

City beat Strollers 4-0 at Muirhouse tonight. See, Handling (p) and a Blair Henderson double. Three trialists playing.

This is off the City Twitter. Closed doors of course so I wasn't there. I read about the EFL down south experimenting with crowds of1000 and I can't get to see a friendly at Muirhouse that would have been watched by three people and a Covid free dug....

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

City beat Strollers 4-0 at Muirhouse tonight. See, Handling (p) and a Blair Henderson double.

It's good for the boys to finally get to play again, however for me, if we're not allowed in to watch the game then I'm not much interested.

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

This is off the City Twitter. Closed doors of course so I wasn't there. I read about the EFL down south experimenting with crowds of1000 and I can't get to see a friendly at Muirhouse that would have been watched by three people and a Covid free dug....

Aberdeen and Ross County allowed  300 fans in (Which could accomodate our full support!)  but we're not letting anyone in to watch these friendlies.  We've probably only got about 25 season ticket holders, so at least let them in to watch. I fear you'll need a season ticket this year to see any football live!

Aberdeen and Ross County allowed  300 fans in (Which could accomodate our full support!)  but we're not letting anyone in to watch these friendlies.  We've probably only got about 25 season ticket holders, so at least let them in to watch. I fear you'll need a season ticket this year to see any football live!

The club indicated that they had approx 50 season ticket holders on a Scottish football survey I read a while ago. I think it also said we were amongst the cheapest pies.

40 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

The club indicated that they had approx 50 season ticket holders on a Scottish football survey I read a while ago. I think it also said we were amongst the cheapest pies.

If  Nippy and the SG don't get their pals sorted out and do what they did in Aberdeen there won't be any fitba for us this season.

City beat Penicuik 3-0 at Penicuik Park today 

The game was streamed but I prefer watching games in the flesh  I think I could have seen in from the skateboard rink in the park but I couldn't be arsed driving to Penicuik to test out the theory. Gardening is the new Saturday afternoon you know... :(

On 20/09/2020 at 13:09, Tenkay said:

Annoying, isn't it?  You know the game is on, but we're not fukin allowed to go in! 🤬

As I said earlier,  Yes you can watch a stream of the game, but that doesn't interest me.   Just fukin Let us in!!!

The Goverment won't let a couple of hundred fans in to a lower league game outside, but quite happy to let people squeeze inside to sit in pubs and restaurants.

Not happy!!!

Because lower leagues aren't vote catchers. Pubs are.

They shut down Aberdeen but let Weegieland run riot.

On 22/09/2020 at 23:40, Tenkay said:

Apparently. we are playing Herts at tyncastle on Friday night in our latest friendly. 😦

I've waited years for us to get a big team away, and now it  comes and of course, we're no fukin allowed in! 🤬

Losing interest in this season already, and it's no even started.

Och well, didn't miss much after all.

Turns oot our "big away game" was in fact a very low-key bounce game against Hearts u-20s / development boys.

1-1 draw with Marc Laird scoring for us, after a Hertz penalty goal.   Best just move on now!

9 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Och well, didn't miss much after all.

Turns oot our "big away game" was in fact a very low-key bounce game against Hearts u-20s / development boys.

1-1 draw with Marc Laird scoring for us, after a Hertz penalty goal.   Best just move on now!

But think how much good it will have done the Hertz boys, playing against a team of grown men. Maybe they should do it every week...