Edinburgh City

5 hours ago, Redcar said:

Jordan Sinclair just signed for Berwick. 

Meh. Was he the sub that was a sort of utility man or the sub that tended to run around like a headless chicken? I can't remember.

Anyway good luck to the lad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2020 at 22:46, tamthebam said:

Well we've got one player for next season. Antell has signed again.

You would imagine, well hope maybe, that more or less the whole squad will sign up again for another crack at the title.

There's not a Cove there next season,  can't see Stranraer doing much,  so we must be favourites along with whoever spends a bit (Maybe Stirling or Queens Park). Elgin are usually good  but there's not a Clyde or Cove in the way next season which is good.

2 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

You would imagine, well hope maybe, that more or less the whole squad will sign up again for another crack at the title.

There's not a Cove there next season,  can't see Stranraer doing much,  so we must be favourites along with whoever spends a bit (Maybe Stirling or Queens Park). Elgin are usually good  but there's not a Clyde or Cove in the way next season which is good.

Personally I'd play Black, Laird and Brown together in the midfield and hack our way to the title! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2020 at 23:54, tamthebam said:

Liams Brown and Henderson sign on for another season along with Andy Black

And Ouzy See returns - didn't see that one coming tbf but I quite like Ouzy.

Ouzy looks a good signing - typical attacking City player.....excellent technical ability, great potential and good attitude.  

Brown, Black and Hendo signing really gives us a chance of play offs and push for the league again.  Maybe just need a couple more and we are ready.  

Just wanted to talk in the City thread about the options for a new home.

Having just looked up the plans for both Edinburgh Accies new ground, and also the new "Mini Murrayfield" plans, I MUCH prefer your choice in Stockbridge, Jocobite.

The Mini Murrayfield thing, looks like it would have a poor view with supporting pillars in front of cheap temp stands. 

The Accies new ground looks great, and would seem perfrect for us!   (IMHO, of course!)

15 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Just wanted to talk in the City thread about the options for a new home.

Having just looked up the plans for both Edinburgh Accies new ground, and also the new "Mini Murrayfield" plans, I MUCH prefer your choice in Stockbridge, Jocobite.

The Mini Murrayfield thing, looks like it would have a poor view with supporting pillars in front of cheap temp stands. 

The Accies new ground looks great, and would seem perfrect for us!   (IMHO, of course!)

Agreed. Stockbridge is a very good location for transport, pubs and food aswell.

All depends how compliant it would be for SPFL licensing and if a deal could be agreed.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Move somewhere close to pubs and you become one of the best days out in the league. Does the new ground stuff relate to this coming season or beyond? 

Both them grounds are just being built at the moment, so it looks like one more year at Ainslie Park first.

Mini Murrayfield apparently has 12 weeks to completion, and Edinburgh Rugby hope to start their new season there in September or something.

I'm no sure when the Accies one will be ready as that includes shops being built first so could be a while yet?

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I'm no sure when the Accies one will be ready as that includes shops being built first so could be a while yet?

Is there not still major arguments between the local residents and accies thats holding the building works up? Something to do with a wall that got knocked down.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Did the club ever explore using Meggetland before Tynecastle secured use of the facility?

I believe they did and there were a couple of problems in regard to meeting SPFL ground regulations.

Can't see Raeburn Place being a starter. The douce folk of Stockbridge won't want a lot of lower class football yobbos in their leafy suburb (and yes, it's ironic considering what a bunch of wankers rugby fans are)

There are actually two pubs fairly near Ainslie Park except one is a place you need a mortgage for and the other is rougher than a badgers bum although I think some Albion Rovers guys went for a pint there and lived to tell the tale.

2 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Is there not still major arguments between the local residents and accies thats holding the building works up? Something to do with a wall that got knocked down.

I thought there was something about a wall around the Accies ground that was actually part of the neighbouring Grange Club's land.

No doubt two Edinburgh advocates from either club started arguing about how long a piece of string is...