19 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Have you guys considered the redevelopment going on at Raeburn Place? I mean it's not far from Ainslie anyway and you'd be getting a solid Stockbridge pub session instead of whatever it is you settle for right now.

It's always seemed like a reasonable shout but not sure how the Stockbridge locals would take to hoards (a generous description of our crowds I know) of football fans disrupting their Saturday afternoon antiquing

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

It's always seemed like a reasonable shout but not sure how the Stockbridge locals would take to hoards (a generous description of our crowds I know) of football fans disrupting their Saturday afternoon antiquing

The same thing happened when there was talk of Meadowbank Thistle moving to a purpose-built stadium where the Portobello Pool used to be. Local opposition killed the project (not that it would have got anywhere anyway) which resulted in Porty becoming the buzzing tourist metropolis it is today.

Or even hordes

What's happening with you guys and Medowbank. Drove past there today and looks nothing like theres any sort of stadium being built at all.

2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

What's happening with you guys and Medowbank. Drove past there today and looks nothing like theres any sort of stadium being built at all.

Funny that.. it didn't look like student accommodation and/or a hotel did it...

What they're building at the moment is the replacement for the sports centre which is being knocked down.

You can see it’s some sort of sport centre being built - looks like a viewing area for a swimming pool or something currently being installed. 

Has there been an update to the plans at all? The video posted by the council last year of the proposed plans made it look like football was an afterthought.

Lets be honest, there's not much chance  of football ever getting played at Meadowbank again.

So what now for City? It would seem certain we would need to stay a bit longer at Ainslie Park until something suitable turns up.

Probably all our eggs are in the "Mini Murrayfield" basket, I would think.

Lets be honest, there's not much chance  of football ever getting played at Meadowbank again.
So what now for City? It would seem certain we would need to stay a bit longer at Ainslie Park until something suitable turns up.
Probably all our eggs are in the "Mini Murrayfield" basket, I would think.

Have to admit Murrayfield would be my preferred option and I think it would be a better away day for other fans, it’s also meant to be ready for the start of the 2020/21 rugby season and would cater for a larger crowd for the odd big game.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Funny that.. it didn't look like student accommodation and/or a hotel did it...

What they're building at the moment is the replacement for the sports centre which is being knocked down.

What, this?

Meadowbank 2019.jpg

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

What, this?

Meadowbank 2019.jpg

Maybe they're  building a Borg cube and we Edinburgh citizens will be assimilated into accepting the Festival Fringe, Student accomodation, Hotels, one way streets, roundabouts, pedestrianisation of most of the city centre, parking charges and any other petty Edinburgh things that get on my nerves. 

Resistance is futile. 

Don’t be ridiculous, it’s clearly a dinosaur enclosure. John Hammond with the design for a Meadowbank Park!

19 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Away fans pen, Poland style. Just in case Clyde are back.

Thought the danger was from the people on the pitch.

Have to admit Murrayfield would be my preferred option and I think it would be a better away day for other fans

I would have to agree with this and would make me more likely to go to Edinburgh City Away as I always like going to the Haymarket area of Edinburgh for a few beers, it’s just a pity the varandahi (spelling?) curry house is now closed though as that was a belter.

23 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I would have to agree with this and would make me more likely to go to Edinburgh City Away as I always like going to the Haymarket area of Edinburgh for a few beers, it’s just a pity the varandahi (spelling?) curry house is now closed though as that was a belter.

Also handy for the tram from the airport when City qualify for Europe.

Anyone knows what’s happening about the Scottish Cup tie?

SFA website has both Spartans and City games on the 19th at 3pm at Ainslie Park.