for those interested in the history of Meadowbank Stadium (all 2 of you) there are some nice photos of Old Meadowbank on this speedway website:

http://www.speedwayplus.com/OldMeadowbank.shtml

This was the ground of Leith Athletic until their demise in 1954 and was also used for Edinburgh Monarchs speedway and stock car racing. The stand came from St Bernard's Gymnasium ground.

Old Meadowbank was flattened when the site was redeveloped for the 1970 Commonwealth Games and was where the velodrome and plastic pitches were to the east of the Commonwealth Stadium.

Brad Donaldson has signed for Tranent Juniors.

Should be some signing news soon.

Gareth Rodger, just signed on at the Binos, how was he for you guys the past two seasons 

I liked him. Hard, good attitude and deadly at set-pieces. Shame he was released.

Alex Harris and Johnny Court signed. 

Not seen much of Court (his goalscoring record isn’t great......) but would be buzzing off Harris.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Alex Harris and Johnny Court signed. 

Signed for who?  City or Cowdenbeath? And how do you know?  

5 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Where is Blair Henderson's destination this season,  resigning or moving on

6 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Edinburgh City. 

10 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

I liked him. Hard, good attitude and deadly at set-pieces. Shame he was released.

I concur with Scrooge. Was often on the bench but didn't let the team down when he was required. I hope he does well for the Binos (and scores a hat-trick of o.g.s when he plays against City of course!) 

if Muzza is  correct  then Court seems to be a posh boy having gone to Stew-Melville. But he gave up rugby to play football:

"The Raith Rovers player told Capital City Press: “I went to a rugby school, so we had to play. I never grew up playing it but I ended up being really good at it, although I don’t know how!

“I could probably have gone on further with rugby. Some of my mates play rugby still to a good level.

“But I was never that interested in it – my passion was always football and that swung it.

“Probably if I had more interest in rugby and kept playing I could have done well, maybe professionally.

GLAD

“The school wanted to put me through to the regional team in Edinburgh, but I couldn’t do that because of my football commitments.

“In the end I had to give it up. I was playing at Hibs at the time and they said I had to choose, and I chose football – and I’m glad.”

He'll be a certain supporter's POTY just for this if he is coming to City! 

Court is a good player. Was incredibly unlucky to only score a few at East Fife last year.
Was absolutely brilliant at smashing defenders about and creating space for others too!

Chris Kane has signed from East Fife.  No idea if this is a good signing for us?

Calum Crane should be an excellent signing for you, was really good for us in League 1 the season before last. 

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Chris Kane has signed from East Fife.  No idea if this is a good signing for us?

Harris and Court haven't been announced yet... odd that... :rolleyes:

So City have added the Calum Crane, Chris Kane combo.

Added to the other players currently on holiday in Spain, that could be a pain for other teams trying to gain, the main  promotion place. Their chase could be in vain.

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

So City have added the Calum Crane, Chris Kane combo.

Added to the other players currently on holiday in Spain, that could be a pain for other teams trying to gain, the main  promotion place. Their chase could be in vain.

I think you're insane.

Not seen much of Court (his goalscoring record isn’t great......) but would be buzzing off Harris.
aye hundreds of goals of Court mind

Gareth Rodger, just signed on at the Binos, how was he for you guys the past two seasons 
kept the bench warm