Edinburgh City

On 22/08/2016 at 15:57, cowdenbeath said:

See City are playing a friendly at Kelty Hearts tomorrow night.

Thanks for the tip. Did you know that Kelty Hearts have a live stream of their match v Edinburgh City. Watching it now courtesy of the Deantown branch of Edinburgh Settee Supporters Club and their armchair fans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdB6J1vf3Is

Edinburgh Settee Supporters Club.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
added joke

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thanks for the tip. Did you know that Kelty Hearts have a live stream of their match v Edinburgh City. Watching it now courtesy of the Deantown branch of Edinburgh Settee Supporters Club and their armchair fans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdB6J1vf3Is

Edinburgh Settee Supporters Club.jpg

I knew that they had streamed some of their games live never knew they were doing tonight's, whats the score?

10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Nothing on their twitter there normally good about updating things as well.

Gutted I didn't think to look for the Kelty Hearts live feed on YouTube earlier. I only found out they had one by looking on their Pie & Bovril thread.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Edinburgh City scored midway through first half , finished 1-0. I'm guessing they had a few reserves in the starting lineup, they didn't really do anything final third of the park.

Cheers Gogsy I watched the 2nd half on the stream after Mr Blobby posted about it.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Edinburgh City scored midway through first half , finished 1-0. I'm guessing they had a few reserves in the starting lineup, they didn't really do anything final third of the park.

Cheers for that Gogsy. Kelty deserved something for that second half performance but there was no way through Mbu. He was a rock tonight. Glad we have him for Saturday v the wee Rangers. He's a commanding figure. Saw him giving the others orders right left and centre.

Kelty Hearts came at City with wave after wave after wave of attacks in second half. One really cheeky Kelty quick free kick on the edge of the box nearly caught City out. Squeeky bum time.

Kelty free kickCqkbvjKXEAI4dY_.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
added picture

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cheers for that Gogsy. Kelty deserved something for that second half performance but there was no way through Mbu. He was a rock tonight. Glad we have him for Saturday v the wee Rangers. He's a commanding figure. Saw him giving the others orders right left and centre.

City really need Joe in their side as you say had a good game from what I seen tonight.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think Kelty only had 13 signed players and had a forty year old trialist at centre half as well.

Yea, I saw the old geezer on the left at the back earlier. Must have been him. (Old as in footballer age. Not wanting to be accused of ageism here)

Kelty did brilliant. City should sign their whole team. lol.

Edited by Mr Blobby
afterthought

Didn't get any close-up screen shots of Kelty's Marvin Andrews lookalike but I think that's the No. 4 player you're talking about in the middle of the net with City on one of their very rare attacks in the second half.

This image was a fierce City cross in from the left and a sliding attempt at the ball on the far post by City player on the deck hidden by Kelty number 14

Kelty's Marvin Andrews lookalike.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
added picture description

the Kelty No 4 was such a convincing Marvellous Marvin lookalike that someone even asked for a photo at the end. You could even have believed it was the Kirkcaldy God Botherer himself... :whistle

He played rather well but we won so we must have the Lord on our side- tremble thou Berwick heathen, ye shall be smited! :angel:angel:angel

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

the Kelty No 4 was such a convincing Marvellous Marvin lookalike that someone even asked for a photo at the end. You could even have believed it was the Kirkcaldy God Botherer himself... :whistle

He played rather well but we won so we must have the Lord on our side- tremble thou Berwick heathen, ye shall be smited! :angel:angel:angel

Not many close ups on Kelty's Marvellous Marvin but dead ringer from this back view from the Live Stream highlights.

I promised the City keeper Calum Antell that if he kept a clean sheet at any of the away games the City Fanzine would sponsor his away kit.  Now if he could just keep a clean sheet at Meadowbank, he'd qualify for a Home kit sponsorship as well.

Marvelous Marvin.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
sponsorship offer

4 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Is that actually Marvin Andrews?emoji23.png

No one will ever know for sure. Kelty had a 40 year-old trialist in the team. Marvin is 40. He's clubless and has made similar trialist appearances before. The legend lives on...  

Marvin_Andrews_2015.jpg

Very little information came out about the Kelty v City friendly game so if anyone could name the team players on the field that would be great. It's hard to tell from the live stream footage who's who. I'm not sure of the City goalscorer, the City players who took the bad knocks or who was in goal for City