Edinburgh City

Despite the result it was a much better performance yesterday. Let's hope that's the end of the 'Beattie Experiment' where City were pumping the ball forward in the first two games.

My first visit to Central Park. I don't think the dark skies and rain helped but, boy, that's one grim ground to watch football in. Bordering on depressing.

A lot of fans give City grief for playing at Meadowbank but Cowdenbeath fans have no room for comment.

1 hour ago, Mocochinchi said:

Despite the result it was a much better performance yesterday. Let's hope that's the end of the 'Beattie Experiment' where City were pumping the ball forward in the first two games.

My first visit to Central Park. I don't think the dark skies and rain helped but, boy, that's one grim ground to watch football in. Bordering on depressing.

A lot of fans give City grief for playing at Meadowbank but Cowdenbeath fans have no room for comment.

Our ground has been debated to the death on here over the years, its something we have no control over as we only rent the place, at least visiting fans only have to watch a game there twice as season we have to go every fortnight.

As for Meadowbank I don't think its all that bad if you pick your seat correctly. I've been at a few City midweek games over the last few years and have no complaints.

Don't know what City were like with Beattie in the side but I thought there was an improvement from the last time I seen them against Livingston last month.

Edited to change it was the Livi game I was at.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Don't know what City were like with Beattie in the side but I thought there was an improvement from the last time I seen them against Hamilton last month.

With Beattie in the team against Forfar and Elgin the ball was just pumped up the park in a 'hit and hope' style. Not good to watch and not effective.

Better movement and approach against Cowdenbeath without Beattie. We could well have scored a couple in the first half and another in the second.

Not sure why Beattie wasn't in the squad, maybe due to injury? Although he brings experience and strength up front, his lack of pace and stamina are a serious weakness.

That's exactly how we tried to use Beattie last season and it simply doesn't work.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised he was offered another senior gig but, understandably Edinburgh brought him in and maybe thought he would be their linchpin.

I was of the opinion that he is done, doesn't have the legs to run the channel and doesn't have the ability to win the battles in the air, but I would like to see Edinburgh stay up, so I hope you can find a way to utilise him.

2 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Not sure why Beattie wasn't in the squad, maybe due to injury? Although he brings experience and strength up front, his lack of pace and stamina are a serious weakness.

Ross Pilcher said on Twitter during the Cowdenbeath game that Beattie sustained an injury during a midweek training session.

On 21/08/2016 at 14:59, Mocochinchi said:

Maybe the City coaching staff have been following your posts and will take heed. lol.

Anyway, all to play for on Saturday at Meadowbank v Berwick Rangers. Berwick are without two of their best players due to suspensions for sendings off in their last two games. This will be our best opportunity for a victory so far this season notwithstanding the visit of Montrose a few weeks later. However I'm predicting a high scoring draw.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 5 Year One Issue Three.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Fanzine image deleted and replaced with update. Berwick Rangers Squad adjusted to include new signing Greg Hurst from St Johnstone

that's Mr Blobby's fanzine. The programme comes with chips and a pie.... ;)

funny that folk moan about the Cowden fence. When I first started watching football there were fences everywhere- Tynecastle, Easter Road etc. Unfortunately it took the Hillsborough disaster to get rid of them. 

Watching at Central Park made me think that this is what Leith Athletic's Old Meadowbank must have been like- a wooden stand, a track around it (there was speedway at Old Meadowbank and stock car racing too). Google "Old Meadowbank" and you'll see some nice speedway photos of the place.

old meadowbank track.jpg

6 hours ago, forrie_1 said:

Programmes getting smaller these days I see ^^

That was the centrefold of the City Fanzine. Upholding a long tradition of spoofs at Meadowbank

Back and Front cover... vv 

Go Tell The Spartans FC Front Cover Year One Issue Three.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
suffix bank added

9 hours ago, forrie_1 said:

That's fine why post most pages of it...people won't buy it then surely ?

The City Fanzine displayed here is just the free digital issue. You can print the pages off yourself and fold them in half if you like, although the images on Pie & Bovril have had to be resized and downgraded because of the Max total size allowed by P&B is  2MB. Only a few actual hard copies of the Fanzine are handed out at the game. It's just for fun really but may in time serve a useful purpose. (For instance: the investigation in to Edinburgh City FC merchandise on sale at unofficial outlets in this Issue 3)

Fair comment in today's Edinburgh Evening news on City's Cowdenbeath match.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/edinburgh-city/edinburgh-city-left-to-rue-defeat-at-cowdenbeath-1-4208745

Similar to the City Fanzine match report although the Edin News left out the bookings and crowd count.

2 hours ago, bonjela said:

similar in what way. that doesn't look like it was made by sticking crayons into ya disc drive. And what the f**k is mr blobby about

ask some of the older Berwick fans- they'll tell you M8. 

23 hours ago, bonjela said:

similar in what way. that doesn't look like it was made by sticking crayons into ya disc drive. And what the f**k is mr blobby about

You're as funny as a cold sore, Bonjela! You should get a job in our Joke Corner.

Here's what Mr Blobby was all about. The Legend Lives On.

The full story of Mr Blobby at Meadowbank is in the bumper 12 page Issue 4 of the City Fanzine. Due out for the Edinburgh City v Montrose match on 17 September.

Mr Blobby The List.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Updated for news of Bumper Montrose Edition of City Fanzine

Interesting signing for Berwick Rangers today ahead of Saturday's East Coast Derby with City. Greg Hurst, a 19 year-old striker signed on loan from St Johnstone until January. 

I thought Berwick Rangers' squad was looking very thin compared to the others in the league. Joe Mbu will take care of Hurst for sure. He's been well rested.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/273574/st-johnstone-youngster-joins-berwick-rangers-loan/