Edinburgh City

On 15/08/2016 at 09:26, scrooge1928 said:

We appealed Joe Mbu's red card against Shire in the play-offs and it was rescinded.

One thing City are going to have to get used to - fast - is the "I feel a touch, I fall down" practice which only a couple of Lowland clubs were guilty of, but seems to be universal in the SPFL.  We were the second cleanest team in the Lowland League with 1 red and 62 yellows in 40 matches.  This season we have 1 red and 19 yellows in 7 matches.  Some (not all) of the bookings in the Elgin City match were ludicrous, including at least one of the Elgin yellows.  Don't go in hard if there's no need to, be aware that if a player can see your leg he will probably take the opportunity to fall over it, stop throwing the ball away if a free-kick is given.  And apparently jersey-tugging isn't misconduct in League Two if it's not too blatant.

Yes, that's the SPFL boys being soft and not just the fact that you're a bunch of utter fucking cloggers that are completely out of your depth and start fights when you conceed goals. Embarrassing.

2 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Yes, that's the SPFL boys being soft and not just the fact that you're a bunch of utter fucking cloggers that are completely out of your depth and start fights when you conceed goals. Embarrassing.

My team: Berwick Rangers.

yup.

uh-huh.

World renowned for their silky football skills and their fans' generous spirit are Berwick Rangers.

And if you think we're cloggers try playing Gretna 2008's motley collection of Cumbrian psychopaths at Raydale with a South of Scotland ref in charge.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Seen City's old manager (and Cowden's too) Tam Steven spying on us tonight.

Nothing new. Cowden had a scout at the Edinburgh Ciy v Forfar game. There's a lot of it going on. Good to see managers doing their homework and not just relying on Pie & Bovril to do their dirty work for them.

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Nothing new. Cowden had a scout at the Edinburgh Ciy v Forfar game. There's a lot of it going on. Good to see managers doing their homework and not just relying on Pie & Bovril to do their dirty work for them.

I just mentioned it as he came over and had a blether with my I was surprised he remembered me from his time with us 20 years ago.

On 14/08/2016 at 11:48, Mr Blobby said:

After-thought. I'm not calling for Gary Jardine's head or for him to be replaced. It's too early for that but if Berwick Rangers manager John Coughlin upped sticks and headed to the capital, I'd say he's the right man for the job right now. Maybe someone could have a quiet word in his ear to see if he was up for the challenge at some point in the near future?

Is this for real  ? 

You're not wanting probably the most successful manager in the club's history to be replaced yet you want someone to tap another manager from another club to replace him.

Yer barely a month into the new season,give the bloke a chance! 

Edited by newcastle broon

21 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Is this for real  ? 

You're not wanting probably the most successful manager in the club's history to be replaced yet you want someone to tap another manager from another club to replace him.

Yer barely a month into the new season,give the bloke a chance! 

Is Mickey Lawson available? (With or without baseball cap)