Jump to content

Recommended Posts

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36412965

Here is what the BBC has for ins and outs:

In: Neil Martyniuk, defender (St Johnstone); Dean Cummings, midfielder (Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale). Loan: Ryan Porteous, defender (Hibernian).

Out: Deniran Ortega, forward; Mark Torrance, midfielder; Nicolas Narayaninsamy, midfielder; Mark Osborne, forward; Gregor Amos, goalkeeper; Andrew Stobie, goalkeeper; Jaxon Wishart, defender; Dougie Gair, midfielder (retired); Allan MacIntosh, goalkeeper (retired); Ross McNamara, defender (retired).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SachG said:

Riordan would be a quality signing at this level can't believe there is anyone who would be bothered by what goes on off the pitch when you think of the amount of goals he'd score

IIRC, Riordan was linked with Selkirk and Preston Athletic last season - trained with one? - but neither signed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a couple of those players left last season Dougie's been on holiday and Stobie and Amos have played in the League Cup as signed players so I think this is not entirely accurate... :rolleyes:

retro_journalist_department_landscape.jpg

meanwhile at Pacific Quay: Is Tri Alist still a signed City player...?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not long returned to Scotland after living abroad and got hooked on the story behind Edinburgh City and their successful campaign for promotion to the SPFL, so much so that I'm now a signed up season ticket holder. 

Very much looking forward to the game v Forfar on Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

I've not long returned to Scotland after living abroad and got hooked on the story behind Edinburgh City and their successful campaign for promotion to the SPFL, so much so that I'm now a signed up season ticket holder. 

Very much looking forward to the game v Forfar on Saturday!

If you see me in the crowd, come and say Hello Mocochinchi.  "Mocochinchi" is a Bolivian beverage. It is made with peaches that have been peeled and dried.

You can't miss me, I'll be sitting beside a peach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

If you see me in the crowd, come and say Hello Mocochinchi.  "Mocochinchi" is a Bolivian beverage. It is made with peaches that have been peeled and dried.

You can't miss me, I'll be sitting beside a peach.

 

Will do.  I'm sure I saw you at the end of the Livi game.  Not every day you see Mr Blobby in an Edinburgh City shirt (cue comments about some overweight City player...)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too early to say if it will be reflected in the league campaign, but City posted 2 pretty good attendances in the League Cup sections - 525 v Livingston, 459 v Hamilton. In comparison the Cove Rangers crowds (at Forfar admittedly) were 363 v Raith, 189 v Montrose and the East Stirlingshire crowds were 2,246 v Rangers and 134 v Annan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Too early to say if it will be reflected in the league campaign, but City posted 2 pretty good attendances in the League Cup sections - 525 v Livingston, 459 v Hamilton. In comparison the Cove Rangers crowds (at Forfar admittedly) were 363 v Raith, 189 v Montrose and the East Stirlingshire crowds were 2,246 v Rangers and 134 v Annan.

 

I was at the game with Livi who had most of the fans there and there were also quite a few neutrals and groundhoppers, hard to say how much City fans were they but they have no doubt picked up a few new supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Will do.  I'm sure I saw you at the end of the Livi game.  Not every day you see Mr Blobby in an Edinburgh City shirt (cue comments about some overweight City player...)

 

 

Craig Beattie springs to mind. Just kidding! Yea that was me. We sit in the Royal Box tucked in behind the media desk near the halfway line. Pop over for a chat and a free fanzine. URL]Go%20Tell%20The%20Spartans%20FC%20Front%

Edited by Mr Blobby
Rubbish at adding photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City have announced that season ticket holders of Hearts and Hibs will get in to City games for £6. 

Great idea but any chance of extending it to fans of other Premier League clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2016 at 20:33, Mr Blobby said:

Craig Beattie springs to mind. Just kidding! Yea that was me. We sit in the Royal Box tucked in behind the media desk near the halfway line. Pop over for a chat and a free fanzine. URL]Go%20Tell%20The%20Spartans%20FC%20Front%

I  noticed you outside with your Mr Blobby before the Livi match getting your picture taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jute said:

City have announced that season ticket holders of Hearts and Hibs will get in to City games for £6. 

Great idea but any chance of extending it to fans of other Premier League clubs.

Typical Aberdonian trying to save a few quid:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I  noticed you outside with your Mr Blobby before the Livi match getting your picture taken.

They were all old Meadowbank Thistle fans surrounding me. Known as the Marionville Six. They got banned from Meadowbank in the mid 90s by the then owner of the club Mr Hunter - who was nick-named Mr Blobby. He also "allegedly" banned inflatables. The only ground in Scotland to do so, as far as I am aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

They were all old Meadowbank Thistle fans surrounding me. Known as the Marionville Six. They got banned from Meadowbank in the mid 90s by the then owner of the club Mr Hunter - who was nick-named Mr Blobby. He also "allegedly" banned inflatables. The only ground in Scotland to do so, as far as I am aware.

Aye I seen Davie Baxter in your group , I can well remember the Mr Blobby era - Cowden fans showed solidarity with their Thistle brothers in a game at Central Park signing "Blobby, Blobby, Blobby - out, out, out!"

Pre internet days I used to like getting Davie's Thistle fanzine as they were always good stories about the move to Livingston etc. Remember being at Thistle's last game at the Stadium v Stenny a sad Friday night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A wee tale from a Cowden v Thistle match at Central Park:

Thistle fans are giving the board pelters from the back of the main stand. Cue Blobby himself calling a steward over. 

Steward comes up the stairs to talk to a fellow steward standing next to the Thistle fans. He uttered the immortal words

"That fat c*nt wants us to throw these boys out. Well he can f*ck off" 

Always had a wee soft spot for the Blue Brazil after that! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might pop up to the Royal Mile today and try and coax some drunk tourists down to Meadowbank, tell them it's performance art or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Might pop up to the Royal Mile today and try and coax some drunk tourists down to Meadowbank, tell them it's performance art or something.

Thought The Spartans were the Luvvies team of choice in Edinburgh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/08/2016 at 10:58, cowdenbeath said:

Thought The Spartans were the Luvvies team of choice in Edinburgh.

banter.jpg

Oooh! The Grimbo Banter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...