• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

‘The Shot-Putter’ - Ep 38, reviews the disappointing 4-1 to Cowdenbeath and previews the massive game against Clyde this weekend where it’s 2nd v 3rd. Both teams with identitical stats this season.. 20 wins, 5 draws, 7 defeats. 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/The-Shot-Putter---Ep-38--10th-April-e3n0l0

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/id1421325812#episodeGuid=a1492fb2-2193-7ce9-4c9f-77bec0919a07

Wee bit on Danny Galbraith on A View From The Terrace this week.

7 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

It’s a bit quiet in here...

why not just listen to the voices in your head instead if you're lonely? 

why not just listen to the voices in your head instead if you're lonely? 

If that’s the best you can muster then it’s probably for the best that you just remain silent

2 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png hurting are we?

not really. 

and at least we know what happened to that infamous Player Registration form now. It was chewed up by Clyde fans to make a nest in somebody's attic. 

not really. 
and at least we know what happened to that infamous Player Registration form now. It was chewed up by Clyde fans to make a nest in somebody's attic. 

Nae worries “tamthebam” u just focus on the race for third mate. Mind when yous were top of the league?

2 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Nae worries “tamthebam” u just focus on the race for third mate. Mind when yous were top of the league?

Mind when Clyde were in the top division?

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Mind when Clyde were in the top division?

Unfortunately I'm only old enough to remember the championship days.  Don't think I'm old enough to remember Meadowbank Thistle though!

5 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Unfortunately I'm only old enough to remember the championship days.  Don't think I'm old enough to remember Meadowbank Thistle though!

pity- you missed out on having to watch some truly mind numbing games between Meadowbank and Clyde! They would have had football stopped!  :lol: 

I've seen Edinburgh City lose 6-1 to Whitehill in my time. On a scale of 1 (calm and collected)  to 10 (full on radge) compared to that losing to a half decent Clyde team rates about a 4...

Had a quick listen to the segment about the Clyde game:

1. A penalty decision doesn’t always entail a yellow card, particularly if the offender is already booked. Ref knew it was a soft pen and no yellow necessary.

2. Galbraith’s theatrics were against Tom Lang, not Barry Cuddihy (who gave away the penalty). A quick look at the team sheets would’ve told you this.

3. The ref actually had a decent game, treated both sides fairly and was relatively consistent. Something often missing from the game at this level.

4. Balotoni’s inability to kick a football without tumbling over like a sack of bricks doesn’t entitle him to a free kick.

Overall though, nice to hear a podcast discussing the lower leagues.

the weather's quite nice for a trip to balmy Cliftonhill. 

I can see Rovers getting something out of this game, sorry Berwick. 

Here's my team talk for what it's worth

5cba1155f1b12_psychologyandviolence.jpg.aba7f96eeb9c5aa9d2015efb75974c7e.jpg

Fans of Berwick Rangers FC- an apology. 
Sorry guys, we f*cked that one up. 

What was the game like? Been choking to see a McDonut interview but appears to be nothing online yet - unsure if he’ll do anything

Not a bad game for the neutral I suppose. City had more chances but usually blasted them well over. Rovers took their chances. Harper was sent to the stand (or the crumbling terrace) at one point - I suspect for arguing over a City tackle with the ref. Once Rovers got their equaliser to make it 2-2 I had a feeling a winner was going to come for them and so it proved. Personally even when Rovers were bottom of the League I felt they were a better team than Berwick and Harper has put a bit of fight into them. 

Cameras from yon Talk of the Terrace thing were there today. 

It's a bit of a disappointing end to a good season - lump your money on a draw with Elgin next week folks.. 

Rovers fans were in the wee concrete terrace behind one of the goals- the white men from Hamilton Palace who look so sick in the sun.  

Not just the wheels off but the whole chassis appears to be some distance back. Did somebody break a mirror in the dressing room?