Edinburgh City

So the judge simply felt sorry for the victim and ordered Goodwillie (even the name is right out of a Carry On film) to pay the compensation for no reason?

Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

So the judge simply felt sorry for the victim and ordered Goodwillie (even the name is right out of a Carry On film) to pay the compensation for no reason?

Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

If this is how you would like the solving of a case to be conducted, then the answer would have to be an emphatic yes, as all legal recourse had been exhausted and required no trial. 

Thomson solicited children.

There is NO comparison, "years ago" or not. DG is now a father. No woman of sane mind would consider this with CT, by virtue of his patholigocally disturbed preferences. 

25 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

If this is how you would like the solving of a case to be conducted, then the answer would have to be an emphatic yes, as all legal recourse had been exhausted and required no trial. 

Thomson solicited children.

There is NO comparison, "years ago" or not. DG is now a father. No woman of sane mind would consider this with CT, by virtue of his patholigocally disturbed preferences. 

Ahhh the good old defence of trying to apply a scale of severity to the sexual offence.  :rolleyes:

It is one thing to be a football fan and cheer on your team (regardless of who plays for them), it is quite another to go to these lengths to try to excuse the actions of an individual just because he happens to be a player in your team.  The judge in the civil case was unambiguous-

In the result, therefore, I find that in the early hours of Sunday 2 January 2011, at the flat in Greig Crescent, Armadale, both defenders (the footballers) took advantage of the pursuer when she was vulnerable through an excessive intake of alcohol and, because her cognitive functioning and decision-making processes were so impaired, was incapable of giving meaningful consent; and that they each raped her.

10 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

A Queens fan acting like a wet paper towel and an Edinburgh fan covering up the truth, how unprecedented eh?

Bit like a Clyde fan acting like a berk then. Hope this morning's lunar eclipse didn't interrupt your howling at the full moon.

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

My oh my Gordy. Shocker. The offence of which Thomson was found guilty, and is a proven and regular preference of its perpetrators, was committed (at its very latest) around the time of the dropped case to which you alledge of another individual. One is guilty, and has a disgusting perversion of which there is a known cure; the other was not even tried. 

"Many years ago". Fucking hell. 

Just to clarify:

Found Guilty in legal terminology implies that there was a trial either before a Sheriff or a Jury. Thomson pled Guilty and there wasn't a trial.

46 minutes ago, strichener said:

Ahhh the good old defence of trying to apply a scale of severity to the sexual offence.  :rolleyes:

It is one thing to be a football fan and cheer on your team (regardless of who plays for them), it is quite another to go to these lengths to try to excuse the actions of an individual just because he happens to be a player in your team.  The judge in the civil case was unambiguous-

It's got nothing to do with the fact he plays for my club. If you cast your mind back, there were spates of rape allegations throughout the sporting world at the time, not least one involving the Scotland keeper, a then-St Johnstone midfielder and an alleged reality TV star, all three of whom i held mutual acquaintances with at the time. I had no vested interest in those, or DG/DR's cases, other than hoping the correct verdict was reached. DG played and scored for Scotland in the aftermath, returned to even play for Aberdeen in the intermittent period between cases, with the FP case still looming over him. For it to never reach court, was and is the only factor in why i believe what i do. If one shred of evidence to the contrary were provided, i would have been the first to abandon the club. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

Just to clarify:
Found Guilty in legal terminology implies that there was a trial either before a Sheriff or a Jury. Thomson pled Guilty and there wasn't a trial.

So he freely admitted to being a nonce rather than having to be found so by a jury. That hardly detracts from the point does it?

Yes, how dare we force you to post in this thread.

I’ve posted on your thread but I have yet to see any puppies and I am very disappointed not to have received something to suck on, say a Sherbet Dip or a Chupa Chups lolly! So no, you did not in fact force me.

Note how all the Clyde supporters* are coming out of the woodwork. Almost as if they're trying to deflect attention from someone in their own ranks.
*Assuming it's not one guy with multiple accounts.

I’m surprised that someone can have multiple accounts. Is this the way Edinburgh City enhance their fan base? “Ten Guys Called Mo” (sic)

4 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

It's got nothing to do with the fact he plays for my club. If you cast your mind back, there were spates of rape allegations throughout the sporting world at the time, not least one involving the Scotland keeper, a then-St Johnstone midfielder and an alleged reality TV star, all three of whom i held mutual acquaintances with at the time. I had no vested interest in those, or DG/DR's cases, other than hoping the correct verdict was reached. DG played and scored for Scotland in the aftermath, returned to even play for Aberdeen in the intermittent period between cases, with the FP case still looming over him. For it to never reach court, was and is the only factor in why i believe what i do. If one shred of evidence to the contrary were provided, i would have been the first to abandon the club. 

To ignore what has happened since then is very convenient for you.