• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

12 hours ago, Robert James said:

What is the latest news on the redevelopment of Meadowbank , and City's current standpoint/opposition  ?   

The Council are going to build something like the Aberdeen Sports Village or more likely the John Cumming Stadium, Carluke because athletics is such a major sport in Scotland and they really paid lots more ground rent to Meadowbank Stadium over the last 25 years than ECFC (cough). I'd have quite happily sent the athletes to ponce about Saughton Enclosure but the running track there is apparently not good enough for the poor darlings (so lift it then and LTHVFC could improve the stadium a bit better).  Oh and some genius seems to think the field athletes can hurl their hammers, shots and javelins at the proposed 4G in the middle without causing damage.

5c349c0e5e3be_johncumming.png.0fc05de979811a682c17d32d212e0b31.png

The John Cumming Stadium, offering magnificent views of the mighty Carluke Rovers...
For some reason, and I don't know why, City seem to think that having one turnstile, a tiny stand with about two rows of seating in it and looking across an 8 lane track isn't good enough for Scottish League Football. Ungrateful b*****ds really.

When I win the Euromillions I shall find some place worthy of levelling  for a football ground (like the Merchants Golf Course) and build the all-seater super-duper Bam Park there instead. And serve only vegan pies like FGR because I'm a cnut.

McDonut was interviewed for the Pars reserves job last time round. Could be in the running for first team job I hear and has a release clause for full time. Jim Jeffries will put in a good word too with his old club.

im off to the bookies !

39 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

McDonut was interviewed for the Pars reserves job last time round. Could be in the running for first team job I hear and has a release clause for full time. Jim Jeffries will put in a good word too with his old club.

im off to the bookies !

Yup, heard from someone close to Edinburgh that he's fairly high up on their shortlist. I don't doubt that they will put together a good financial package for his replacement if he does leave, though. 

27 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Yup, heard from someone close to Edinburgh that he's fairly high up on their shortlist. I don't doubt that they will put together a good financial package for his replacement if he does leave, though. 

aye, time for Danny Lennon to fulfil his destiny and win D2 with City- I mean his career is stalling at the minute... ;)

On 06/01/2019 at 09:57, Officer Barbrady said:

None ever touched him because his football ideology was acid. How many players did he progress for other 'bigger' clubs? Darren Jackson and Martin Cameron?

Allan Maitland by far a superior part-time manager. And Lennon not far behind. 

We had all three and Christie was by a very significant distance the best. The other two you mention not in the same league. 

Regarding Hibs, in his book he says he was interviewed in 1986, 91 and 96 and believed on all three occasions that he had the job, only to miss out. I don't think there would have been concerns over his perceived style of football but I do suspect that he was such a strong minded character in football that there might have been concerns from some directors. His way or the highway.  

The reason he didn't go to a middle of the road full-time outfit was not due to a lack of interest in him but that it wasn't worth his while financially with his school pension. He consistently said it would need to be Hibs to convince him to have a crack at full-time. I seem to remember he was in for the Raith job late in his career after retiring from education but they made the quite ridiculous call to go with Gordon Dalziel.

Would have been fascinating to see what Christie could have done with a bigger club given what he did with part-time clubs. 

Edited by Waspie

im off to the bookies !

“McDonut “ :(

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

aye, time for Neil Lennon to fulfil his destiny and win D2 with City- I mean his career is stalling at the minute... ;)

FTFY

10 hours ago, Waspie said:

Would have been fascinating to see what Christie could have done with a bigger club given what he did with part-time clubs.

That's what I said and was immediately shot down.

14 hours ago, Waspie said:

I seem to remember he was in for the Raith job late in his career after retiring from education but they made the quite ridiculous call to go with Gordon Dalziel.

Terry Christie — IQ of 140

Gordon Dalziel — IQ of my cocker spaniel. 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

I'm reporting this post for inference of canine stupidity. Dugs are far more intelligent. 

2 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Is that using Stanford-Binet or Cattell? For Christie obviously. Dalziel would be Crufts.

im off to the bookies !

Hope you didn’t put too much on
IMG_0547.jpg

17 hours ago, Waspie said:

We had all three and Christie was by a very significant distance the best. The other two you mention not in the same league. 

Regarding Hibs, in his book he says he was interviewed in 1986, 91 and 96 and believed on all three occasions that he had the job, only to miss out. I don't think there would have been concerns over his perceived style of football but I do suspect that he was such a strong minded character in football that there might have been concerns from some directors. His way or the highway.  

The reason he didn't go to a middle of the road full-time outfit was not due to a lack of interest in him but that it wasn't worth his while financially with his school pension. He consistently said it would need to be Hibs to convince him to have a crack at full-time. I seem to remember he was in for the Raith job late in his career after retiring from education but they made the quite ridiculous call to go with Gordon Dalziel.

Middle of the road, full-time outfit. If ever a sense of entitlement required detecting from Postal Utd well-wishers was required, there it is. 

31 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

Hope you didn’t put too much on emoji3.png
IMG_0547.jpg

Just a fiver but trust the Pars to go for the cheap option. b*****ds !

On 10/01/2019 at 17:49, Officer Barbrady said:

Middle of the road, full-time outfit. If ever a sense of entitlement required detecting from Postal Utd well-wishers was required, there it is. 

I do recall Christie getting under Clyde's skin massively around the end of the last century. Good you are over it now though. 

Screenshot_20190110_192814.thumb.jpg.bcb686e494cacc1770754d286bb96cb5.jpg

38 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I do recall Christie getting under Clyde's skin massively around the end of the last century. Good you are over it now though. 

Screenshot_20190110_192814.thumb.jpg.bcb686e494cacc1770754d286bb96cb5.jpg

Actually, he got under our skin from about 1986 onwards, with all three lower-rank, largely inconsequential clubs on quite a regular basis, too. 

However, during all those trouncings dished out very regularly at venues from Dens Park, McDiarmid and Brockville, to Love St, Firhill and everywhere else in between throughiut the 2000s, including giving Alloa a four goal start in the playoff, you didn't really figure much. 

The reference of Hibs as "middle of the road" is the equivalent of Clyde supporters labelling Manchester United as "the great under-achievers". 

Another club we've also actually beaten, in an illustrious history. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

8 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Actually, he got under our skin from about 1986 onwards, with all three lower-rank, largely inconsequential clubs on quite a regular basis, too. 

However, during all those trouncings dished out very regularly at venues from Dens Park, McDiarmid and Brockville, to Love St, Firhill and everywhere else in between throughiut the 2000s, including giving Alloa a four goal start in the playoff, you didn't really figure much. 

The reference of Hibs as "middle of the road" is the equivalent of Clyde supporters labelling Manchester United as "the great under-achievers". 

Another club we've also actually beaten, in an illustrious history. 

Still absolutely raging :lol:

Reference to middle of the road full-time clubs was very obviously not about Hibs.

Apparently we’ve made an enquiry over Blair Henderson. Any idea what he’s like? Is his contract up in the summer?