Edinburgh City

Good luck to them? Good luck to them whilst spending cash they don’t even have in order to entice a superior quality of player, and captaining a nonce who fits said profile in order to gain promotion? I hardly think so.

To be honest, no idea what’s happening on the financial side apart from what other team’s fans post on this forum which appears to change on a weekly basis. Although to be fair they have been good signings.

The current prerogative of the club seems to be pretend nothing happened whilst suppressing any concern expressed. Alarmingly this has actually been met with mild success so far, largely thanks to the general acceptance and denial of their remaining fan base.

When signing Thomson the club issued a statement that they acknowledged his previous conviction and did not condone his behaviour at that time.
There were concerns raised at the time of signing (myself included) that this would affect the atmosphere for kids at games due to the amount of abuse he would get from opposing fans. We were given assurances by the club that although this was inevitable they were going to try to keep it to a minimum. As it turns out the abuse hasn’t been as bad as first thought but it has resulted in what I would say is a bit of an over handed reaction to the abuse that does happen (which you have a right to complain about) and not ‘trying to pretend like nothing happened’.

Of course a decent human being with any form of moral compass would be able to determine that bearing witness to an impressive run of results does not in any shape nor form excuse celebrating paedophilia. Fingers crossed this shameless and disgusting club financially implode and disappear.

No one is celebrating paedophilia. What a stupid comment.

So......looking at the new Meadowbank Stadium plans, it does look like it’s going to be a wonderful faculty, but as has been mentioned above, it’s pretty evident that it’s not going to be a football facility. The stand is at the running track finishing line for a start and is purpose built with the sport that it is intended for, which is fair enough.

I’m guessing Edinburgh City have been aware of this for some time, so what’s the plans for the club?

I’m seeing a few similarities with The Shire here, he moved from Firs Park (under different circumstances but still) and a lot of money was invested in really good players at this level and Jim McInally was able to attract guys that would never have played for the club years before, but due to no having a ground, not having an income stream (outwith their support) it was very short lived and we all know where they are now.

Are Edinburgh in any danger of this happening if they continue to rent off Spartans? As I’m guessing they make the money from your match days.

COULD actually be worrying times just around the corner for you, if the board have no other option but rent from other teams.

So......looking at the new Meadowbank Stadium plans, it does look like it’s going to be a wonderful faculty, but as has been mentioned above, it’s pretty evident that it’s not going to be a football facility. The stand is at the running track finishing line for a start and is purpose built with the sport that it is intended for, which is fair enough.

I’m guessing Edinburgh City have been aware of this for some time, so what’s the plans for the club?

I’m seeing a few similarities with The Shire here, he moved from Firs Park (under different circumstances but still) and a lot of money was invested in really good players at this level and Jim McInally was able to attract guys that would never have played for the club years before, but due to no having a ground, not having an income stream (outwith their support) it was very short lived and we all know where they are now.

Are Edinburgh in any danger of this happening if they continue to rent off Spartans? As I’m guessing they make the money from your match days.

COULD actually be worrying times just around the corner for you, if the board have no other option but rent from other teams.

We’re at Ainslie Park at least until the end of next season.
The club released a statement a while ago with a list of reasons that they weren’t happy with the Meadowbank plans and the last I heard of that the council said they would have further discussions with the club.
There was also a news report that Murrayfield were in talks with City about ground sharing with Edinburgh Rugby at a new smaller stadium being built on the training pitches there.
If Meadowbank is no longer viable, the fans I’ve talked to seem to prefer the ‘Lesser’ Murrayfield option and I think location wise it would be better for travelling supporters.

24 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

We’re at Ainslie Park at least until the end of next season.
The club released a statement a while ago with a list of reasons that they weren’t happy with the Meadowbank plans and the last I heard of that the council said they would have further discussions with the club.
There was also a news report that Murrayfield were in talks with City about ground sharing with Edinburgh Rugby at a new smaller stadium being built on the training pitches there.
If Meadowbank is no longer viable, the fans I’ve talked to seem to prefer the ‘Lesser’ Murrayfield option and I think location wise it would be better for travelling supporters.

Can't see that Meadowbank vision in the video being an option for SPFL football. As you say Lesser Murrayfield would be a decent option and easy to get to!

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can't see that Meadowbank vision in the video being an option for SPFL football. As you say Lesser Murrayfield would be a decent option and easy to get to!

Back on topic (slightly) have you been down to St Bernard’s old ground in the New Town at all?

2 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I think you’re getting yourself a little confused there. Beautiful deflection all the same though.

You're talking about 'different standards' but basically support a rapist because he scores goals for your team - you have zero moral authority here. Thanks for playing.