Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv
17 hours ago, Tenkay said:

So the Quarter final draw for the cup is at 1pm Tuesday, who do we want?

Not Alloa at home............ Oh wait hang on 

Episode 12, reviews the fantastic result away to Arbroath and preview this weekends Scottish cup tie against Civil. There is also a new feature of your favourite ‘worst’ shouts at football. Plenty examples from one half of the Podcast from his time at City! 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast

Bit of a flat performance today and well done to the Strollers for containing the usually rampant City. Better a flat performance against Strollers in the cup than, say, against Peterheid in the League. 

Been awarded a tough draw against ICT though. 

On a more positive note I can exclusively reveal a picture of the Council's plans for the main stand at the revamped Meadowbank:

Spoiler

5bcbc0008eea5_chalfontstpeter.thumb.jpg.a3617ef36689663f87da44d37ab5e8a2.jpg

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Bit of a flat performance today and well done to the Strollers for containing the usually rampant City. Better a flat performance against Strollers in the cup than, say, against Peterheid in the League. 

Been awarded a tough draw against ICT though. 

On a more positive note I can exclusively reveal a picture of the Council's plans for the main stand at the revamped Meadowbank:

Hide contents

5bcbc0008eea5_chalfontstpeter.thumb.jpg.a3617ef36689663f87da44d37ab5e8a2.jpg

The second row of seats is a bit ambitious, surely?

Brilliant start to the season for you guys. The obvious answer might be 'everything' but what's been the main improvements that have seen City pushing for the title this season? I'm not hugely familiar with all your squad but apart from a few obviously good additions, it seems to be mostly the same team as last year?

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Brilliant start to the season for you guys. The obvious answer might be 'everything' but what's been the main improvements that have seen City pushing for the title this season? I'm not hugely familiar with all your squad but apart from a few obviously good additions, it seems to be mostly the same team as last year?

there was a bit of a clear out but we got some of the loan players back on permanent deals (thanks Falkirk). 

btw, if you're finished with Dunsmore.....! 

See that’s the mini Murrayfield plans approved by Edinburgh Council. I’ve made my feelings known on here that if we can’t get a suitable Meadowbank it would be my preferred option once the lease at Ainslie Park is up. No idea if there’s any appetite for it from either party but can’t see many other options.

Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

See that’s the mini Murrayfield plans approved by Edinburgh Council. I’ve made my feelings known on here that if we can’t get a suitable Meadowbank it would be my preferred option once the lease at Ainslie Park is up. No idea if there’s any appetite for it from either party but can’t see many other options.

The groundsman better have some top notch chemical to fade the rugby pitch markings if we do somehow manage to get a groundshare at Lesser Murrayfield. Its an artificial pitch etc. I cant see it being approved but id take it if we got it 100%. Either there or the new Edinburgh Accies ground at Stockbridge thats going to be built. 

4 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

The groundsman better have some top notch chemical to fade the rugby pitch markings if we do somehow manage to get a groundshare at Lesser Murrayfield. Its an artificial pitch etc. I cant see it being approved but id take it if we got it 100%. Either there or the new Edinburgh Accies ground at Stockbridge thats going to be built. 

The pitch at Neterdale has rugby markings on it dosn't seem to affect Gala FR games.

Always though City missed a trick with Tynecastle moving into Meggetland would have been a good wee ground for you. Lesser Murrayfield would be good for away fans off the train and a short ride in the tram and your there:)

I’ve lost touch of what’s happening there but if the residents of Stockbridge aren’t happy with a load of rugger fans disturbing their Saturday afternoon coffee and antique shopping up they’ll be up in arms at us lot cutting about demanding the pubs put Tennant’s on and show the football.

Good point about the markings on an artificial pitch, I’d imagine there’s a way around it but never thought of it before.

The pitch at Neterdale has rugby markings on it dosn't seem to affect Gala FR games.
Always though City missed a trick with Tynecastle moving into Meggetland would have been a good wee ground for you. Lesser Murrayfield would be good for away fans off the train and a short ride in the tram and your there[emoji4]

I agree actually, I live not far from there and it could be a lovely little set up, I was a bit surprised/jealous when Tynecastle announced they’d be playing there.

Just now, AllyMonc said:

I agree actually, I live not far from there and it could be a lovely little set up, I was a bit surprised/jealous when Tynecastle announced they’d be playing there.

I went to the Tynecastle v Shortlees SC game then the Edinburgh v Bath rugby match its a really nice ground with a decent stand and decent terracing. Tynie pulled off a coup getting in there.

19 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Good point about the markings on an artificial pitch, I’d imagine there’s a way around it but never thought of it before.

Football pitch on one side, rugby on the other. Flip it over like turning a mattress.