Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

And Brown Ferguson has gone too. Robbie Mac to pick the team tomorrow?

Facebook page said "resigned for personal reasons" 

Which put through the TamParanoiaTranslatorTM comes out as "someone has lamped someone else at training"... 

Surprised Naysmith never done better with you lot built a very good East Fife team.

Have to admit to being the same, at the time of his appointment, I thought he was the guy to take Edinburgh to the next level, especially when the First Team was in a good place when he took over. Will be interesting to see who comes in next

10 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Have to admit to being the same, at the time of his appointment, I thought he was the guy to take Edinburgh to the next level, especially when the First Team was in a good place when he took over. Will be interesting to see who comes in next

To be fair, they were the better team in 3 out of 4 halves against Dunbarton in last years play offs, but that is not how matches are decided. I think Naysmith's sacking is the latest in a series of bad decisions from City this season

- wholesale clearout off the play off squad by Naysmith

- increasing season ticket prices with no credit back for ST holders for matches played behind closed doors last season

- Friday night football at Ainslie Park (with no fan consultation)

- Bad communication from the club on multiple issues, not least the return to Meadowbank. Still no date for that. 

- The Young Team debacle

But - we are still in the box seat for 4th place. The season can still be rescued....

40 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Anyone know the reason behind the sacking? There has obviously been a pretty significant disagreement about something.

Talk at the game last night was that he walked when at a Board meeting the response to his questions about planning for next season was that he wouldn’t be there. So sounds more like a constructive dismissal. 

Think the guy did a good job in taking a squad that’s objectively eighth or ninth in quality in this league to fourth. 

Think the guy did a good job in taking a squad that’s objectively eighth or ninth in quality in this league to fourth. 

I think the issue is that the team you’re calling ‘eighth or ninth in quality’ was built by him after inheriting a team that had consistently finished top 3 in the last few seasons.

13 hours ago, Lawro said:

Sacked. For being 4th?  Jeez. Some counts are thinking above their relatively lowly footballing status.

4th place? Luxury... I used to have to get up half an hour before I went to bed, walk from Lumphinnans to Central Park, eat a freezing cold lump of ash racetrack in t'rain and when we got home our Dad used to thrash us with our belt because Cowdenbeath were bottom of the League. Again. 

If you want to see "counts who think above their relatively lowly footballing status" pop along to your game today (and I'm not actually talking about the Blue Brazilians.. :whistle

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

4th place? Luxury... I used to have to get up half an hour before I went to bed, walk from Lumphinnans to Central Park, eat a freezing cold lump of ash racetrack in t'rain and when we got home our Dad used to thrash us with our belt because Cowdenbeath were bottom of the League. Again. 

If you want to see "counts who think above their relatively lowly footballing status" pop along to your game today (and I'm not actually talking about the Blue Brazilians.. :whistle

If I had any idea of what you posted there I would reply. But wtf is that? Atsehole.

Anyone know if City are planning to continue with the Friday night gig after this season?

As a Stranraer fan based in Edinburgh it doesn’t impact me, but for anyone coming to an away game from the likes of Stranraer, Elgin or Forfar it’s just a bloody nuisance.

From a City fans’ POV has it had a positive impact, e.g. on attendances?

I think the issue is that the team you’re calling ‘eighth or ninth in quality’ was built by him after inheriting a team that had consistently finished top 3 in the last few seasons.
Spot on he let go better than what he brought in. Must've been pretty hard for James to see half his squad go higher for Gary to replace it mediocrity from teams below city

18 hours ago, Lawro said:

If I had any idea of what you posted there I would reply. But wtf is that? Atsehole.

Well, if you stick in at school and stop drinking from puddles and eating bogies you might understand one day. 

p***k. 

3 hours ago, DDLL said:

Once Meadowbank is opened up they will be back there, playing on a Friday?

May I refer you to my previous answer.....

Yes, City will be playing at Meadowbank, at some point. The club have not announced if they will play on a Friday or a Saturday at Meadowbank.