Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stephen Bronsky featured for us as a trialist today and had a fairly solid if unspectacular debut. How did you boys rate him? According to Farrell he will become a permanent signing for us as of Monday.

Didn't see that one coming..

When he left Elgin for us in the summer the Elgin boys said perhaps his best days were behind him. I thought he was fairly solid for us, sometimes the best defender (which is perhaps damning with faint praise, the defence hasn't been great) 

He had an injury which isn't a surprise for a City player this season and made the odd error but I'd have kept him. Not quite sure if he's League 1 standard but good luck to the boy if he's signing for the Sons.

16 hours ago, City Jacobite said:

Fantastic performance and result for the young team.     

Had to run the gauntlet of the Kelty Young Team after the match:  "Ha, ha we got a point off you, ya wee fannies" 

Hard man, me 8)

The City Women's team won 15-1 on Sunday too. GIRUY St Mirren. 

Christopher Brookmyre, Chic Young (ahem), Div McDonald, Div McDonald can you hear me? Your lassies took a hell of a beating.. 

The women's team are playing Ra Sellick at Tranent on Wednesday at 7.30 in the Cup. 

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Any slowcoaches (like me) who haven't yet got their Aberdeen ticket will be please to hear that a cash turnstile will be open on Saturday. 

I'm no pleased after going down to Ainslie Park on a cold Tuesday night! 

A good rearguard action yesterday from City to keep the score down to 3 at Pittodrie. 

32 shots to 1 was disappointing, but that is the gulf in class between the leagues. I'm sure Chairman Brown is happy with the swelling of the coffers from the 9,000 crowd. 

Back to league action next week at Forfar, let's hope some of the spirit from the Kelty away game will be there. 

33 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

A good rearguard action yesterday from City to keep the score down to 3 at Pittodrie. 

32 shots to 1 was disappointing, but that is the gulf in class between the leagues. I'm sure Chairman Brown is happy with the swelling of the coffers from the 9,000 crowd. 

Back to league action next week at Forfar, let's hope some of the spirit from the Kelty away game will be there. 

24 of those Aberdeen shots went into the Stratosphere and 4 hit the woodwork 

Anyway we pulled two goals back from Kelty last week and that makes us better than St Johnstone!

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

24 of those Aberdeen shots went into the Stratosphere and 4 hit the woodwork 

The Dons definitely had a shoot on sight policy. Brian had all of the woodwork shots covered 😆

Off topic but anyone agree that the view of the pitch from the away section is fairly crap at Pittodrie. View of the nearside touchline for the entire half is obscured by a high fence and home supporters standing up. Still, quite a tidy stadium despite that. 

3 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

When did James Hilton leave? I see he was a trialist for Stranraer yesterday. How did he get on with yourselves?

The club just announced it today. We got him from Stranraer in the summer and he was a fans' favourite there.

The City injury curse probably affected his career with us although quite a few fans liked him.

With all the comings and goings the score check in the programme might have to be a 4 page pullout now. 

It's a much changed team from the start of the season and with getting a draw at Kelty and three points at Forfar we could start getting excited.

Not me though, I'll wait and see how we do at Stair Park on Saturday.

Tonight was fun, scoring three goals then getting pinned back by a determined Forfar side and shithousing our way to a win. 

Monday night football- it's the future!

16 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Good win for you last night. As much as I thought we were poor have to give credit to you lot. Just to say, Forfar have put an update out to say nobody claimed the 50/50 prize money last night, just in case any away fans bought tickets better check them!

Whoever won was 20 tickets in front of me... :(

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Tonight was fun, scoring three goals then getting pinned back by a determined Forfar side and shithousing our way to a win.

Epic time wasting tactics that the ref allowed 🙄, that annoyed me more than him missing the blatant hand ball in the box.

We gave it away in the first half by not turning up, the Citizens had as easy a first half as they’ll get but, as you say, largely pinned back in the second. I did see a big improvement in Edinburgh since the last game against us.