Edinburgh City

Yeah, that image doesn't exactly fill me with joy considering it's 3 rows and a running track away from the touchline. I can only hope that it will be better when actually there, but I have my doubts.
However, the club have stated that permission was granted from the good ol' Edinburgh Council for a stand of some sort to be built on the opposite side of the pitch. Quite how far down the line that is, is another matter though.
Intrigued as to whether they put a similar white fence around the pitch to allow folk to stand closer as is the case at Ainslie Park...
Anyway,  Aberdeen away... cracking away day for us.

What kind of capacity do you realistically require for run of the mill league fixtures?

15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

What kind of capacity do you realistically require for run of the mill league fixtures?

I'd say we'd struggle to fill that "stand" for some games, for others we would need extra standing space around the pitch. Rumour has it that some ECFC fans are waiting for the return to Meadowbank before they start attending games again so there should be an uplift on our average gate of approx 350? Am just guessing. 

As Pete 83 says there is planning permission to build a 1,500 seat stand on the opposite side of the pitch. But no news yet on how that will be funded or when construction will start. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

even the Aberdeen Sports Village has a better stand. 

And it's shite

aberdeen-sports-village-building-im1.jpg.76f5bd70332258e32246bd5b5e375169.jpg

Yeah, that is shite, but at least it has 7 rows of seats where you might get a half decent view near the top! 😄

36 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think Ruby Tuesday has touched on this already, but I believe the seats that are pictured house 500 people, or at least that's what was being stated a while back. If that's the case, it will be enough for the normal attendances that the club are getting just now.

However, I know a few folk who just won't head out to Ainslie Park given it's location and will bide their time and wait for the Meadowbank return, which means there will need to be some provision in place for crowds in excess of 500 from the off.

I really hope that when the move to Meadowbank happens, it can grow the club given the location, and more people make the effort to attend if it's a Saturday at 3pm. Hopefully the 1,500 stand isn't far behind once the turnstiles open, but I suspect it will be.

Edited by Pete83

1 minute ago, Kima Greggs said:

That is horrific. I really want to go semi regular, but that puts me off.

Aye, it's not ideal, but the pre-match pints in limelight, the Ballroom or the Hoppy at least mean you can make an afternoon of it! 😄

18 hours ago, foreverarover said:
21 hours ago, Hoofhearted said:
Latest picture of Meadowbank from last week. 
FB_IMG_1638213814598.thumb.jpg.7bcfe8f50cbfce0a80733376ca652ed4.jpg

That will be fantastic in generating an atmosphere. Not!!

Glorified Dugout.

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

As Pete 83 says there is planning permission to build a 1,500 seat stand on the opposite side of the pitch. But no news yet on how that will be funded or when construction will start. 

Anyone got a link to that as I can't find it on the council's planning portal?

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Anyone got a link to that as I can't find it on the council's planning portal?

Good point. Not quite "planning permission"....

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2021/03/31/stadium-announcement/#more-24300

As the negotiations have progressed, we are excited to confirm that an agreement has been reached in principle that would allow the club to build a second stand on the North side of the pitch, subject to obtaining planning permission. The proposed structure will have both seated and safe standing sections and will be able to accommodate up to 1500 supporters. In addition to the planning application, this element of the project is currently going through the tendering and design process; we will reveal more information as soon as we are able.

Hi all .

Aberdeen away in the cup.

52 seater booked. I'm taking names. Payment will be need to be made at least 2 weeks before the game.

Pick up points 

Lady Nairne, Meadowbank, Regent Terrace, Ferrytoll, Broxden Services 

Price will be around the £20 return mark but will fully confirm in the next week. I know this is a tad premature however huge interest already and to get on the coach you really need to get your name down very quickly. 

Ash