Edinburgh City

6 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

lDuring Lockdown, I was so desperate to read anything football related I resorted to looking back at posts from a few years back. They make pretty cringeworthy reading.  After a game against Arbroath I opined that Henderson was never a left back(and for good measure that Fraser Mullen was never a right back).He gifted a goal with a suicide pass across his own penalty area and got roasted by Bobby Linn . He's come a long way since then. He will always be fondly remembered at Central Park for sticking away  a vital penalty  in the shootout. How we finished bottom with that squad is mind boggling.

He’s covered at left back after Colin Hamilton went off injured but he’s been playing centre midfield with Nicky Low and Michael McKenna just ahead of him. Been brilliant at winning the ball back and keeping it simple. Someone else compared him to Busquets 😂 which is hilarious but I get it. Boys been magic 

I see the club are not going to stream the Kelty game. Hopefully this will add a few to the gate who would have otherwise stayed on the sofa (possibly me) 

I've done my John Ketley bit (ask your Mum) and can report that the Weather forecast for kick off tomorrow night is 5 degrees with no wind. I'll make sure to wear my thermals and hope the club are going to pop some grit down in the car park to deal with the ice in the Ainslie Park microclimate.  

Joking aside it is good to see that the club is putting out some support information before the game. You can pay by card on the gate, cash is not required. The club shop aka the wooden hut is closed to 'unforseen circumstances' which is a shame as they would do a roaring trade in bobble hats and scarves at half time. 

Not sure about the injury situation for the Citizens so can't get too optimistic about a getting a draw or even a spawny 1-0 win. 

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder if the unforseen circumstances will turn out to be that the keys been lost... 

I've got two City hats. Maybe I'll be able to flog one for a considerable mark up

Your heids not that big that it needs two hats😀

The weather tomorrow can’t be as bad as the last game.

On 14/10/2021 at 17:20, tamthebam said:

I wonder if the unforseen circumstances will turn out to be that the keys been lost... 

No programme available tonight due to a "technical glitch". Either the printer's not been paid or the proggies are in the keyless merchandise shed...

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Heading to game tonight n it’s bloody Baltic,  should be a gid yin as last game was pretty decent , take a 3-1 Kelty win though 

mon Kelty 

I went over tonight with my mate.

If you think tonight was cold you should have been there a fortnight ago when it was pissing down with rain and wind.

Good goals from Kelty but the City defence is terrible.

Howler at the end by Keeper for 2nd City made an unnecessary nervy closing few minutes for Kelty.

6 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

No programme available tonight due to a "technical glitch". Either the printer's not been paid or the proggies are in the keyless merchandise shed...

Editors computer died a death l heard.

Provably would have had good sales given the crowd.

Spartans coffers will be well up with the pie shop takings.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Pah, you youngsters and your computers. Back in the good old days Dave Baxter used to produce all his Meadowbank fanzine stuff on an ordinary electric typewriter. He would type out everything then count how many additional spaces between words he needed to make sure all the line lengths were the same, then type it all out again to get columns justified at both ends.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Pah, you youngsters and your computers. Back in the good old days Dave Baxter used to produce all his Meadowbank fanzine stuff on an ordinary electric typewriter. He would type out everything then count how many additional spaces between words he needed to make sure all the line lengths were the same, then type it all out again to get columns justified at both ends.

Wish I was a youngster!

15 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Provably would have had good sales given the crowd.

Spartans coffers will be well up with the pie shop takings.

Yep - official attendance was 726 so that's a few hundred quids worth of income from proggies and merchandise sales that ECFC has missed out on. Sort of sums things up really! 

Well played Kelty, streets ahead of City last night despite the close scoreline. Names on the back of the shirts and an electronic scoreboard used for the substitutions. A very professional outfit. 

Electric scoreboards- pish! You used to be able to attract a refs attention with the old wooden sub boards by banging them together. And they didn't need charging.

I remember seeing wee Vikki Allan officiating at a East of Scotland game or a Scottish Cup tie. Anyway she tried to hold up one of those electronic subs boards . The wind caught it and nearly blew her backwards! 

I don't know how we're still 5th, I managed to have a word with the Raith manager, who was there to see McKay I guess, but other than that the Kelty game was a tough watch in the second half. For me Tappings inability to win second balls in the midfield is starting to show more and more, he's a tidy wee player when we're on the ball and trying to play football on the deck, but the last two home games we've struggled to hold possession.

1 hour ago, Duncypoo said:

I don't know how we're still 5th, I managed to have a word with the Raith manager, who was there to see McKay I guess, but other than that the Kelty game was a tough watch in the second half. For me Tappings inability to win second balls in the midfield is starting to show more and more, he's a tidy wee player when we're on the ball and trying to play football on the deck, but the last two home games we've struggled to hold possession.

Tapping has never been a 'ball-winner'. The team's lack of a defensive midfielder has been obvious all season. Tapping, alongside Laird and Black, would've been an absolute dynamite midfield. The manager, though, thought the latter two needed to be shipped out. The lack of bodies has been obvious since the start of this season and the current injury 'crisis' exposes how poor recruitment has been.

The reason we're still 5th, I think, is fairly obvious - Brian Schwake.

It's the magic of the cup today as City welcome Bo'ness.

Still no merchandise for sale at the game (a pet hate of mine as I really want a bobble hat) due to the ongoing unforeseen circumstances. From the online proggy, It turns out that Naysmith missed the Kelty game because he had Covid, so good to see the gaffer back today. Alan Smith might make an appearance, as will some of the under 20's due to the lengthening City sick list. Still nothing concrete about the move to Meadowbank. 

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw and a replay next week. 

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

It's the magic of the cup today as City welcome Bo'ness.

Still no merchandise for sale at the game (a pet hate of mine as I really want a bobble hat) due to the ongoing unforeseen circumstances. From the online proggy, It turns out that Naysmith missed the Kelty game because he had Covid, so good to see the gaffer back today. Alan Smith might make an appearance, as will some of the under 20's due to the lengthening City sick list. Still nothing concrete about the move to Meadowbank. 

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw and a replay next week. 

I'm predicting we get further in the Cup than Spartans and Dunbar United get further in the Cup than City.... :unsure2:

28 minutes ago, Jute said:

Is there a printed copy of the programme on sale today?

No, the Ed's computer ran out of coal so it's online thus denying the paying public.a chance to read TTB's article.

You *may* be able to get a printed copy later if you ask nicely.