Edinburgh City

16 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Another good win yesterday against Annan. Hopefully the fears from some that Naysmith would be for the chop after the Forfar defeat 6 weeks ago have been allayed by a run of 13 points from 6 games. I wish he'd smile once in a while thought. Even after a decent away win he looks like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

It most certainly was a good win on the road on Saturday at Annan. They have had a very good start to the season and I didn't expect City to pick up the 3 points. In fact, I'd have been happy with a draw.

I don't feel anywhere near as fearful as I was earlier in the season in term of being in a dog fight at the bottom. I think the introduction of Brian Schwake has helped with that massively. The defence appear more confident, understandably, having him in behind them.

Innes Murray has made a difference and is playing like a player with a point to prove following a bad injury at Hibs. He's contributed massively and gives us energy and grit in the middle.

Ouzy See is now playing with more confidence and has found a little bit of form as well, someone highlighted him being a confidence player on this thread a few pages back and got it spot on.

I feel like we never have the full squad fit though, that would be a nice problem for Naysmith to have, dare I say it, he might even smile at that point! In all seriousness, it would be great if Toshney and Jardine could stay for for a few weeks and get a run of games.

A good chance of 3 points on Friday night too with a struggling Cowdenbeath coming to Ainslie Park. With Kelty Hearts being the next league game, we need to get the win...

The team are really coming together.   Manager is building a fast paced, fit young team and had a few challenges since the start with injuries.  If we can keep in the top 5, get our 5 or 6 injured players back, then we should be in a good place for the second half of the season.  Get back to Meadowbank and build into next season.  Our strongest team is a match with anyone in the league.   

I think you’ll like Dave McKay. Not sure about your injury situation or normal formations, but he’s a solid right side defender at Center Half or Full Back.  Not a massive attacker, and has never been a pelt up the wing and cross all the time type, but should do you a solid shift in back, with the occasional foray forward.

https://www.raithrovers.net/50372/david-mckay-3.htm

Anyone have any idea when the Meadowbank move is likely to happen?

All I can find online is an article from a couple of months back saying the target date was the 1st of November, is this likely to be the date?

Made it along to the Elgin game but Ainslie Park really isn’t well located and I would like to go to more games but it’s just a bit of a pain in the arse to get to, having said that, planning to go to the Kelty game.

On 29/09/2021 at 23:26, tamthebam said:

Bo'ness in the Cup it is then. Handy for any replay... :unsure2:

Have you heard the date for this tie yet anybody?

Is it possible we'll get the Saturday afternoon 3pm  for this one?  OR are we still stuck with the shitey Friday night slot?

Edited by Tenkay

2 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Have you heard the date for this tie yet anybody?

Is it possible we'll get the Saturday afternoon 3pm slot for this one?  OR are we still stuck with the shitey Friday night slot?

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale are away to Dunbar and the other main Saturday user of Ainslie Park got papped out courtesy of a late Gala goal* so I do believe there's a vacant Saturday afternoon slot..

Spoiler

titter.thumb.jpg.92f9ef34b94578ffbc4e76b4ad693df7.jpg

Anyone have any idea when the Meadowbank move is likely to happen?
All I can find online is an article from a couple of months back saying the target date was the 1st of November, is this likely to be the date?
Made it along to the Elgin game but Ainslie Park really isn’t well located and I would like to go to more games but it’s just a bit of a pain in the arse to get to, having said that, planning to go to the Kelty game.

They’re talking end of November / start of December now according to tonight’s programme.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale are away to Dunbar and the other main Saturday user of Ainslie Park got papped out courtesy of a late Gala goal* so I do believe there's a vacant Saturday afternoon slot..

Hide contents

titter.thumb.jpg.92f9ef34b94578ffbc4e76b4ad693df7.jpg

Should get a decent crowd for that one.

If it was a Friday I would maybe be tempted.

The Lowland League may allocate Spartans a home league game….

So then. Friday night Football. Attendances of 313, 338, 379 (was originally down as 479 but corrected in last night's programme) and 314. Not exactly the rip-roaring success the club were hoping for. If anything, we're actually down on the average attendance and havent got any away fan bounce. We've now folk saying they wont be back until we're back playing at Meadowbank. I can only assume the club are hoping for a big Meadowbank bounce but at the moment, the combo of Friday's and AP are having the effect some of us feared.

21 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

If it was a Friday I would maybe be tempted.

Good for you Cowdenbeath that your team has games every Saturday!

Tell you what, if City decide to play the Bo'ness game on the Friday night then you're welcome to have my seat as I won't be bothering!

Funnily enough I might go to Cowdenbeath that Saturday if I'm looking for a game as I quite like to watch the odd Civil Service Strollers match!

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Tell you what, if City decide to play the Bo'ness game on the Friday night then you're welcome to have my seat as I won't be bothering!

Funnily enough I might go to Cowdenbeath that Saturday if I'm looking for a game as I quite like to watch the odd Civil Service Strollers match!

No one stopping you............. 

5 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Heard last night your games on the Saturday.

If anything, we're actually down on the average attendance and havent got any away fan bounce. We've now folk saying they wont be back until we're back playing at Meadowbank. I can only assume the club are hoping for a big Meadowbank bounce but at the moment, the combo of Friday's and AP are having the effect some of us feared.

Must admit, as an away supporter that tries to watch Stirling most weeks, I never attended the game a couple of weeks ago due to those 2 factors.

I’m not a huge fan of AP, it’s not to dissimilar to amateur set ups that I played in for years and just not a good place to go and watch professional football in my opinion. However, on it’s own, it wouldn’t stop me from attending matches. The Friday night thing did though, by the time I finish work and fight through traffic to get home, pick my son up and head into Edinburgh, it’s simply too much rushing about and I probably would have got there just as it kicked off or a couple of minutes into the game.

It’s a pity for Edinburgh because in theory it’s an idea that would seem to work but ultimately you’re not going to attract the fanbase you are targeting on anymore than the odd game and have isolated a large number of people in the process.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It’s a pity for Edinburgh because in theory it’s an idea that would seem to work but ultimately you’re not going to attract the fanbase you are targeting on anymore than the odd game and have isolated a large number of people in the process.

And therein lies the issue - other clubs have tried it and its never really worked. There was no market research done either, so in the process have alienated a lot of people. As I said above, they're hoping Meadowbank provides a boost. Crowds were relatively decent there previously.

1 hour ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

And therein lies the issue - other clubs have tried it and its never really worked. There was no market research done either, so in the process have alienated a lot of people. As I said above, they're hoping Meadowbank provides a boost. Crowds were relatively decent there previously.

Remember Albion Rovers tried it in the mid 90s for a few games.

We played Stenny on a Friday night before a Scotland game in 98.

Only club I think it really worked for was Tranmere.