Edinburgh City

On 21/08/2021 at 19:55, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Another game,  another defeat. We actually showed green shoots of being an actual team today but we just can't find the net. Its so frustrating!

As Ally said, Elgin really is a must win, and I'm not being funny, but surely Naysmith has to go if we lose that. With the return to Meadowbank and the buzz that will create, we just can not end back up in non-league.  Many will say I am being a bit OTT, but this league is so competitive. 

As usual, I'll be there next week for my sins.

It's good to hear that you felt there were some green shoots of being a team today, that's a little bit re-assuring! You are spot on with the inability to find the net. It's really concerning and has gone on for a number of weeks now.

Elgin is a must win, no doubt about it and another defeat should seal Naysmith's fate. I know it's early, but there's been a few of us with big concerns going back to the League Cup groups stages. This league is something else though, a win on Friday puts us 5th and level with 4th place, however, I'm already hoping a couple of clubs start losing to help us out and make me feel more at ease regarding the club 42 spot.

Edited by Pete83

6 hours ago, Pete83 said:

It's good to hear that you felt there were some green shoots of being a team today, that's a little bit re-assuring! You are spot on with the inability to find the net. It's really concerning and has gone on for a number of weeks now.

Elgin is a must win, no doubt about it and another defeat should seal Naysmith's fate. I know it's early, but there's been a few of us with big concerns going back to the League Cup groups stages. This league is something else though, a win on Friday puts us 5th and level with 4th place, however, I'm already hoping a couple of clubs start losing to help us out and make me feel more at ease regarding the club 42 spot.

For what it’s worth, it might not have been a great start, but I think you’ll be fine this season. 

Looked pretty solid at the back and managed to restrict Nathan Austin to a few half chances. 
Up top, Robertson looked very lively and could have bagged a couple - only inches away both times. 
Most of Kelty guys I spoke to reckoned Thomas O’Ware was our man of the match, which contributed a lot to out clean sheet. 

On 23/08/2021 at 17:50, kayemphoto said:

For what it’s worth, it might not have been a great start, but I think you’ll be fine this season. 

Looked pretty solid at the back and managed to restrict Nathan Austin to a few half chances. 
Up top, Robertson looked very lively and could have bagged a couple - only inches away both times. 
Most of Kelty guys I spoke to reckoned Thomas O’Ware was our man of the match, which contributed a lot to out clean sheet. 

Thanks for the viewpoint from the other side - always welcome when you get a feel for what the opposition thinks of your performance.

Hoping that we can pick up the win tomorrow night and start finding the net. Ticket bought this morning!

Not sure I'm allowed to do this on here but my ebook Good Citizen Bad Citizen: My rollercoaster journey with Edinburgh City FC is available to purchase at the special offer price of £2.99 via the link below on Google Play books. It can be read on any device, however if you are an Apple customer please use Amazon as its on there also albeit a couple of quid more. Enjoy, please review after if you have been kind enough to purchase (and be nice haha) 

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Ash_Wilson_GOOD_CITIZEN_BAD_CITIZEN_My_rollercoast?id=c2EtEAAAQBAJ

Edited by Good Citizen Bad Citizen
Typo

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Ring up "Off the Ball" if you've got a book to flog.

They'll stick any old boring twat on :lol:

Maybe not just anybody...

"Hello, Mr. Cosgrove? I've written this book about the history of Gretna FC, and I'd like to - hello, Mr. Cosgrove? Hello? Hello?"

It slipped under the radar until earlier today but Ryan Shanley has signed a permanent deal with the club following his release from Hibs. Hopefully he puts the recent injury behind him and progresses here as he seems to have something about him...

On 09/09/2021 at 12:37, tamthebam said:

@Good Citizen Bad Citizen it's too late to cancel the bus for you, old son. I've just seen who the ref is for Saturday. GIRFUY :lol:

Can't believe we've got that ref tomorrow.  She seems to hate us. 

Anyway, full bus tomorrow and an away day near Ireland. 

Magic 

Daylight robbery from us yesterday.  Tremendous.  Brian Schwake is the best goalkeeper we have ever had at the club since I started following City. Monumental performance. 

Only thing that irked me about the game was that Naysmith did not clap the fans as he went off the pitch, other than that, Stranraer was a great away day, friendly locals and a superb steak pie.

9 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Daylight robbery from us yesterday.  Tremendous.  Brian Schwake is the best goalkeeper we have ever had at the club since I started following City. Monumental performance. 

Only thing that irked me about the game was that Naysmith did not clap the fans as he went off the pitch, other than that, Stranraer was a great away day, friendly locals and a superb steak pie.

Is the Trumpton bandstand still there?

That's my ticket bought for tomorrow night's big game against Stirling Albion. Quite looking forward to this one but those dark nights are coming in so can see the wooly hat being sported tomorrow!

Not sure what to expect. On the face of it, Stirling appear to have started well and having beaten relegated Forfar last weekend, they'll come in with confidence. With ourselves, I'm really not sure what to expect as from what I heard about last week, we were somewhat fortunate to pick up the points and have Brian Schwake to thank for that.

I'm hoping for a quick start and for City to get on the front foot early, here's hoping the Friday night advantage helps.

That said, I predict:

Edinburgh City 1 Stirling Albion 1

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A fool and his money are soon parted.... :lol:

I suppose I'd better drag my unworthy carcass along tomorrow night too..

Very true, enjoying the look of the showery weather forecast as well! 🤣.

It'll be the stand for me tonight!

Wick or Bo'ness at home.

An away tie might have been more fun (dirty weekend in Borrowstouneness anyone?!) but it could have been worse and we avoided some of the better pyramid clubs like Bonnyrigg, Talbot and Dunbar United.

I've seen Bo'ness United this season and they're not quite the formidable Bo'ness of old. 

If Wick get through bring some Old Poulteney down with you, cheers! 

Another good win yesterday against Annan. Hopefully the fears from some that Naysmith would be for the chop after the Forfar defeat 6 weeks ago have been allayed by a run of 13 points from 6 games. I wish he'd smile once in a while thought. Even after a decent away win he looks like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders.