Edinburgh City

Tell ya what, that was a brutal watch earlier. There were spells where I thought we had the better play, but to me, only Schwake, Bronsky, Jinky, McIntyre and Ouzy gave a hoot about winning that game. When the chips were down,  our manager was sat down slumped in his chair in the dugout. Speaking to other City fans that were stood on the grass bank, they said the difference in what was coming out of the dugouts verbally was staggering.  On one hand you had a gaffer that was constantly shouting instructions and tactics to his team, and on the other you had one that had just given up, guess which one was ours? 

Hardly anyone will get points at Kelty this season, so the manager has a free pass for Saturday I suppose , but there are a lot of people losing patience.  If you tear a team to shreds, at least have a decent recruitment process to make up for the losses. We were missing two strikers earlier, but Hearts Colts were there for the taking and we couldn't even score against them. I'm really starting to worry again. 

That showing last night was honking, as above but I'd add that Tapping made an impact when he came on, he at least spread the play for a while, but for the most part we look so directionless.
Our only attacking play comes from forcing the ball down the wing, either by long ball or attritionally dribbling forward, at yin point city had 3 players stood on the left touch line within 5 meters of each other, you'd think from the Hearts B coach screaming 'keep your shape' consistently that we'd venture to do the same, but our shape is nothing like I've seen in football. A verticle flailing tenticle from one flank to the next.
I believe Edinburgh City have decent enough players, but this coaching situation needs sorted.

11 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

On one hand you had a gaffer that was constantly shouting instructions and tactics to his team, and on the other you had one that had just given up, guess which one was ours? 

Hardly anyone will get points at Kelty this season, so the manager has a free pass for Saturday I suppose , but there are a lot of people losing patience.  If you tear a team to shreds, at least have a decent recruitment process to make up for the losses. We were missing two strikers earlier, but Hearts Colts were there for the taking and we couldn't even score against them. I'm really starting to worry again. 

Hearing the manager was slumped in his seat, is quite worrying. This will transfer to the players as well. No doubt he'll come up with some excuses in his post match interview. He's getting quite good at that.

As for a 'free pass', not for me. You still have to go and compete. If you come away with no points but worked hard and looked tactically aware, fans would accept that. But if he sets them up like he has, it could be a battering and thats simply unacceptable. Would previous managers have got a free pass? No. Naysmith shouldnt either. Patience is already wearing thin, amongst a lot of the support. A heavy defeat will see it become more vocal I think.

2 hours ago, Duncypoo said:

I believe Edinburgh City have decent enough players, but this coaching situation needs sorted.

Do we? There's nowhere on the pitch thats had a upgrade on last season. No out and out goalscorer, which is noticeable as we've scored two goals, in all comps, all season. Robertson looks decent but he's definitely not a goalscorer. Weaker in midfield minus Black and Laird. Tapping's a great player but he cant do all on his own and he's not the type to put a foot in like Black did. Defensively we look weaker too and have given away a penalty in every league game this season. Its a combo of poor management and poor recruitment.

2 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Hearing the manager was slumped in his seat, is quite worrying. This will transfer to the players as well. No doubt he'll come up with some excuses in his post match interview. He's getting quite good at that.

As for a 'free pass', not for me. You still have to go and compete. If you come away with no points but worked hard and looked tactically aware, fans would accept that. But if he sets them up like he has, it could be a battering and thats simply unacceptable. Would previous managers have got a free pass? No. Naysmith shouldnt either. Patience is already wearing thin, amongst a lot of the support. A heavy defeat will see it become more vocal I think.

Do we? There's nowhere on the pitch thats had a upgrade on last season. No out and out goalscorer, which is noticeable as we've scored two goals, in all comps, all season. Robertson looks decent but he's definitely not a goalscorer. Weaker in midfield minus Black and Laird. Tapping's a great player but he cant do all on his own and he's not the type to put a foot in like Black did. Defensively we look weaker too and have given away a penalty in every league game this season. Its a combo of poor management and poor recruitment.

Great Post that big man!

Sums up exactly how I see it!

We were maybe spoiled the last three years having James McDonagh in charge, and the quality of players we had then.

It doesn't look like the current manager or players will be good enough to even get us a place in the payoffs this season.

9 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Great Post that big man!

Sums up exactly how I see it!

We were maybe spoiled the last three years having James McDonagh in charge, and the quality of players we had then.

It doesn't look like the current manager or players will be good enough to even get us a place in the payoffs this season.

Oh they might just be good enough to earn City a place in the playoffs...

The bad play offs.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Oh they might just  earn City a place in the playoffs...

The bad play offs.

Nah.....while we're not quite  good enough,  we're also  not THAT bad to be in the relegation play-offs surely!

I'd currently  see us fininshing anywhere between 5th and 8th  as there's usually a couple of dross teams become tailed off over the season.

On 19/08/2021 at 07:59, Tenkay said:

Nah.....while we're not quite  good enough,  we're also  not THAT bad to be in the relegation play-offs surely!

I'd currently  see us fininshing anywhere between 5th and 8th  as there's usually a couple of dross teams become tailed off over the season.

I think that I'm somewhere in the middle of this debate in terms of top end and bottom end playoffs.

I've got some real concerns with Naysmith to be honest and McDonaugh leaving the club further cements that at the moment.

We rode our luck at home to Stenhousemuir in our one win this season. Then again, after Saturday we will have been away to the relegated side from League One last season and the bookie's favourite for the title, Kelty. Having read about our performance against a Colt team on Tuesday though, there's not a lot to get excited about just now.

Edited by Pete83

9 hours ago, Tenkay said:

1 win, in all comps, all season.

2 goals scored, in all comps, all season.

You better believe we're that bad to be in the relegation playoffs.

1 hour ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

1 win, in all comps, all season.

2 goals scored, in all comps, all season.

You better believe we're that bad to be in the relegation playoffs.

Fair enough big man. I respect your opinion.

Just I thought we looked decent in spells against Stenhousemuir.

We do have some good players, just not enough.

We all know what the biggest problem is though! As soon as that gets sorted I believe we'll start moving back in the right direction.

13 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

No takers for a seat on the bus to Stranraer then haha? 

Is that on the 11th? I might make that. How many are on the bus so far mate?

At the risk of being accused of hyperbole, Friday against Elgin really is a must win. Won't take too many more defeats (especially defeats to 0) before we're right in the shit. 

Should say I was out for pints and food near Meadowbank (Bellfield Brewery then Gautams) on Friday and it gave me a proper buzz for when games are back there. The stadium itself looks amazing from the outside - I share everyone's concerns about what the experience will be like until we build the second stand

Another game,  another defeat. We actually showed green shoots of being an actual team today but we just can't find the net. Its so frustrating!

As Ally said, Elgin really is a must win, and I'm not being funny, but surely Naysmith has to go if we lose that. With the return to Meadowbank and the buzz that will create, we just can not end back up in non-league.  Many will say I am being a bit OTT, but this league is so competitive. 

As usual, I'll be there next week for my sins.

Edited by Good Citizen Bad Citizen
Typo