Edinburgh City

On 08/08/2021 at 20:01, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Wow what a mess we are in. I agree with points made by everyone, there is serious concern amongst our small support and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but one very close friend of mine will not part with his cash until things at the club improve. We all still go out of blind loyalty and get behind our team, however he made some very hard hitting points as to why he won't go to games. How many others feel like that right now? How many others under the radar are sliding off to other local clubs at a lower level then us? Let me tell you, quite a few. Musselburgh are getting crowds of over 350, Bonnyrigg Athletic's support is growing, so are many other clubs around Edinburgh and The Lothians. These are the exact fans we were trying to attract, the neutrals and ones that want to stop floating, but our product is garbage at the moment,  we still are not at Meadowbank (not the clubs fault) and there are a few other things which I won't air on a public forum as to why people are reluctant to come and support our club. Many small clubs around the area are growing in support, sadly, I think ours is going to plummet if things don't change. There is only so much we can do as supporters to egg our pals on to get along to games. Some may think my post is a bit melodramatic so early in the season, but even after not winning in our first 10 games in 2016/17 I was still confident we'd stay up in which we did comfortably in the end. This season, I haven't got that confidence whatsoever, in fact, I'm absolutely bricking it if we can't find our scoring  boots in the next couple of weeks max. 

Sorry to those trying to be positive , I'm trying, but it's really difficult right now. 

I just bought a season ticket with 4 of my pals, we do all support other clubs, but the Friday night football meant we could all go together, with other pals saying they'd come along when they could. I'm still buzzing for the season but I do think that Edinburgh City really could be using the 'Friday Night Football' angle to grab a few more neutrals to the games.

From what I've seen of the Citizens so far this year is there's massive gaps in the Midfield. It was massively noticeable during the Forfar game where they'd either consistently hit us on the break, or if we were sat in defending they had so much space to pass between the lines. Still time to get players in of course and I'd like to see the team try and get somebody in to shield the back four. Guess Andy Black is sorely missed.

5 hours ago, Duncypoo said:

I just bought a season ticket with 4 of my pals, we do all support other clubs, but the Friday night football meant we could all go together, with other pals saying they'd come along when they could. I'm still buzzing for the season but I do think that Edinburgh City really could be using the 'Friday Night Football' angle to grab a few more neutrals to the games.

The whole point of moving to the Friday's is to 'grab a few more neutrals'. The concern is the club are able to get enough to cover the losses (long term) of the many fans who've already said they cant go.

Edited by FatboyFatFTS

The whole point of moving to the Friday's is to 'grab a few more neutrals'. The concern is the club are able to get enough to cover the losses (long term) of the many fans who've already said they cant go.
Totally get that. What's the usual amount of season ticket holders you'd expect to get? I was number 508, so seems the team has sold a fair few.

15 minutes ago, Duncypoo said:
25 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Totally get that. What's the usual amount of season ticket holders you'd expect to get? I was number 508, so seems the team has sold a fair few.

I wouldnt go on the numbers. Thats all ticket sales through the Fanbase app.

6 hours ago, Duncypoo said:

Great stuff. Welcome aboard. We normally gather in the first block of the stand at Ainslie Park if you and your pals want to join. 

1 hour ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Now a cash gate. I'd suggest ticket sales arent quite what they were hoping for.

My son now has a game with his team at 7pm Friday so thats me out.

Ainslie on a Friday night was never going to be popular.

50 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

My son now has a game with his team at 7pm Friday so thats me out.

Ainslie on a Friday night was never going to be popular.

It was always going to be a risk and I, along with many others it seems (going on social media posts), feel its perhaps just too big a risk to take.

Are you now going to be missing every Friday or just tomorrow?

14 minutes ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

It was always going to be a risk and I, along with many others it seems (going on social media posts), feel its perhaps just too big a risk to take.

Are you now going to be missing every Friday or just tomorrow?

I should make the majority. I start nightshift at 10.30pm every Friday in the South East of the City. I'd make it back just in time from Ainslie I reckon but it's tight. Meadowbank is much closer so should be easier for me.

My biggest dissapointment is that my son who loves going to games will probably miss more. As he plays Football and Ice Hockey he usually has something on early Saturday morning and I can't justify the late nights for him.

40 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

I should make the majority. I start nightshift at 10.30pm every Friday in the South East of the City. I'd make it back just in time from Ainslie I reckon but it's tight. Meadowbank is much closer so should be easier for me.

My biggest dissapointment is that my son who loves going to games will probably miss more. As he plays Football and Ice Hockey he usually has something on early Saturday morning and I can't justify the late nights for him.

That is disappointing. Going by various comments, this move has been particularly difficult for families to accommodate, at a time when the club really should be trying to attract youngsters.

On the balance of things I'm less excited about going to the game than I would have been if it was on a Saturday at 3. 

Not overly convinced by what Stenny have done in the summer but that's based on very little so could be proved spectacularly wrong. With no obvious club 42 this time around and with our squad as poor as it is we could really do with winning games like this. I don't think we will.

Excited to have a macaroni pie for my tea though