Edinburgh City

15 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

There only needs to be 1 official

As I pointed out on another thread

The process is

1. Home team nominates (City rejected)

2. Away team nominates (City rejected)

3. play with 1 fewer linesman if spfl agrees (City eventually agreed to)

4. Team with problem forfeits match

The spfl agreeded to play the game with one fewer official, which is why there was a hold up, awaiting an answer

Thanks for the info, Chris. That's a pretty good breakdown of the process as well as what was taking place yesterday. Every day is a school day as they say... 👍

29 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

What a shower of crap that was yesterday.  Forget the officials debacle, that was just a sideshow to what we had to endure. The boy Robertson looks top drawer and could get us a few goals but other then that, I am worried about the season ahead. Very worried.

Yeah, I'm still a bit pissed off with the performance yesterday and the overall regression that appears to have taken place over the summer. I can accept a crap performance and result once in a while, but our pre-season friendlies and League Cup group games suggest this is the norm at the moment. I don't feel like I know this team at all but it's early days I suppose.

It would be interesting to see exactly how the budget looks this season compared to last as there's a decline in quality all over the pitch. An Albion Rovers fan on another thread stated "City look a shadow of the side they've been in recent years" (Words to that effect anyway) and that's pretty accurate.

This league is unforgiving too, it will be hard to say for sure who the sides in trouble will be until at least the first round of fixtures... I've gone from being optimistic of top 4 a few weeks back, to worrying about a future 'club 42' discussion on here in a few months time. Maybe Annan are worse at the moment? I had family who support Kelty saying Cowdenbeath were ok and caused them a few problems. I don't know where we fit at all this season.

I know this is a bit harsh for me to say as well, and I hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm not convinced by Naysmith's rebuild whatsoever....

We really were poor 1st half yesterday. No game plan, no cohesion and no desire. We looked really vulnerable down our left with the penalty and 2nd goal both coming from that side. The worst performance from City in a long long time.

The introduction of Robertson 2nd half made a difference and the team seemed to have a lot more purpose and drive but it was too little, too late. The missed penalty summed up our day.

On 01/08/2021 at 11:39, LongTimeLurker said:

Lower budget now because the new stand has to be paid for?

No.

On 01/08/2021 at 12:10, Pete83 said:

Yeah, I'm still a bit pissed off with the performance yesterday and the overall regression that appears to have taken place over the summer. I can accept a crap performance and result once in a while, but our pre-season friendlies and League Cup group games suggest this is the norm at the moment. I don't feel like I know this team at all but it's early days I suppose.

It would be interesting to see exactly how the budget looks this season compared to last as there's a decline in quality all over the pitch. An Albion Rovers fan on another thread stated "City look a shadow of the side they've been in recent years" (Words to that effect anyway) and that's pretty accurate.

This league is unforgiving too, it will be hard to say for sure who the sides in trouble will be until at least the first round of fixtures... I've gone from being optimistic of top 4 a few weeks back, to worrying about a future 'club 42' discussion on here in a few months time. Maybe Annan are worse at the moment? I had family who support Kelty saying Cowdenbeath were ok and caused them a few problems. I don't know where we fit at all this season.

I know this is a bit harsh for me to say as well, and I hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm not convinced by Naysmith's rebuild whatsoever....

Against my better judgement, I got the stream in. An absolutely diabolical performance. The first half was as bad as any since promotion, including when got horsed by Cove 5-0.

There's no cohesion. No plan.The team has been gutted when all it needed was a couple of extra bodies to get it over the line. It didnt require major surgery but got it anyway. Despite the great start Naysmith made, there is very little optimism at this point in time. He's made the decision to tear the team apart, so its on him. There appears to be no plan at all. If you're getting rid of such players, you should've had as close to ready made replacements to sign. But here we are, relying on teenagers, some in their first proper season of pro football, and injury prone players like Toshney, to get over the line. Got to feel for the likes of McIntyre and Handling. Stayed on, hoping they'd on the way to another promotion challenge. I dont think its hyperbole, at this point, to be really concerned about the direction of the team. Its unquestionably weaker and performances, over the last few weeks, show that as well.

Whatever goodwill Naysmith had with the fans is slowly dissipating. There's another thread here about the League 2 Sack Race. I'd say he's favourite right now.

Edited by FatboyFatFTS

7 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

No.

Against my better judgement, I got the stream in. An absolutely diabolical performance. The first half was as bad as any since promotion, including when got horsed by Cove 5-0.

There's no cohesion. No plan.The team has been gutted when all it needed was a couple of extra bodies to get it over the line. It didnt require major surgery but got it anyway. Despite the great start Naysmith made, there is very little optimism at this point in time. He's made the decision to tear the team apart, so its on him. There appears to be no plan at all. If you're getting rid of such players, you should've had as close to ready made replacements to sign. But here we are, relying on teenagers, some in their first proper season of pro football, and injury prone players like Toshney, to get over the line. Got to feel for the likes of McIntyre and Handling. Stayed on, hoping they'd on the way to another promotion challenge. I dont think its hyperbole, at this point, to be really concerned about the direction of the team. Its unquestionably weaker and performances, over the last few weeks, show that as well.

Whatever goodwill Naysmith had with the fans is slowly dissipating. There's another thread here about the League 2 Sack Race. I'd say he's favourite right now.

Spot on. Of course, we'll get behind them as much as we can, but I think it's fair to say that every single one of us that went was so deflated walking away from that game on Saturday. At least you were in the comfort of your own home to watch that disappointment!

23 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

No.

Totally agree with this, his decision to rip the team up and start again looks a bit foolish at the moment. His best results were with the side he inherited last season...

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Much as I liked him in a City shirt I am having nightmarish visions of a Scotty Shepherd hat trick this Saturday...

As much as this would please me it is highly unlikely has barely had three shots in his time with Forfar never mind goals!

Guest mr_malcolm
Much as I liked him in a City shirt I am having nightmarish visions of a Scotty Shepherd hat trick this Saturday...

Wouldn’t worry too much

In two minds about going up for the game on Saturday.

On one hand we have missed so much football, I just want to squeeze in as much as possible. It's just great being able to go to games again. 

On the other, last weeks game has knocked the stuffing out of me a little. Add to the fact i'd have to drag my backside out off bed early after a nightshift, it's making it a little less appealing!

Convince me Citizens!

On one hand we have missed so much football, I just want to squeeze in as much as possible. It's just great being able to go to games again. 
On the other, last weeks game has knocked the stuffing out of me a little. Add to the fact i'd have to drag my backside out off bed early after a nightshift, it's making it a little less appealing!
Convince me Citizens!

Only place you can see a bloke dressed up as a bridie.
IMG_2288.thumb.jpg.0339d9757d0d36c06a7812b937f36471.jpg

My first visit to Station Park was nearly 35 years ago and it's one of the better trips so I'll be going.

There was a wee Forfar lad who was behind the goals at a Loons v Meadowbank match who got skelped right in the pus by a wayward shot. He'd be about 40 now. I wondered if it ever affected him....

4 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Convince me Citizens!

I hear what your saying and it has indeed been a while.

If we still had the bulk of last seasons squad and were optimistic about promotion, then I'd be up there in a flash.

HOWEVER....as you know,  with what we've been left with this season, and following last week's "performance" then I'd no hold my breath too long.

So, I'm out.

Just to add, and to hope we can salvage something here, I hope we start with both John Robertson AND Ryan Shanley both up top.

14 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Convince me Citizens!

I wish I could go but my old man's 60th birthday celebrations are on Saturday so nipping up the road to Forfar will go down like a lead balloon with the rest of the family!

I've missed the matches so much, so will try and take in as many as possible this season, regardless of form. Despite the crap result and performance last week, just go for it mate before a potential new variant comes along and buggers it up again.... !

Edited by Pete83

9 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I hear what your saying and it has indeed been a while.

If we still had the bulk of last seasons squad and were optimistic about promotion, then I'd be up there in a flash.

HOWEVER....as you know,  with what we've been left with this season, and following last week's "performance" then I'd no hold my breath too long.

So, I'm out.

Just to add, and to hope we can salvage something here, I hope we start with both John Robertson AND Ryan Shanley both up top.

I'd be gobsmacked if Robertson doesn't start given his appearance last week. One of the few positives really.

I feel that Ouzy could do with a place on the bench this week, nothing is coming off for the lad at the moment and its too tempting for his team mates to lump the ball high towards him from the back. His penalty in the shoot out against Albion Rovers was woeful as well, he just seems low on confidence.

Edited by Pete83
Additional text

19 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I've always thought Shanley is better coming in from wide, when I've watched him. Seems much more comfortable doing that than going through the middle.

9 hours ago, Pete83 said:

I wish I could go but my old man's 60th birthday celebrations are on Saturday so nipping up the road to Forfar will go down like a lead balloon with the rest of the family!

I've missed the matches so much, so will try and take in as many as possible this season, regardless of form. Despite the crap result and performance last week, just go for it mate before a potential new variant comes along and buggers it up again.... !

The way its going right now, plenty would take a new variant buggering up the season.😂

9 hours ago, Pete83 said:

I'd be gobsmacked if Robertson doesn't start given his appearance last week. One of the few positives really.

I feel that Ouzy could do with a place on the bench this week, nothing is coming off for the lad at the moment and its too tempting for his team mates to lump the ball high towards him from the back. His penalty in the shoot out against Albion Rovers was woeful as well, he just seems low on confidence.

Ouzy's always been a confidence player and its showing right now. He's also not much more than a 15 goal a season player either, which makes Naysmith's decisions even more baffling. There's not a huge amount coming from the midfield just now either. He's persisting on Handling cutting in from wide, when he's best in the centre. There's no protection for the back 4, meaning the likes of Jardine and Tapping have to drop deeper than they should be. Absolutely nothing encouraging so far from this season.