Edinburgh City

New home top ordered last night - seems the club are happy with the response so far as well! Good stuff.

Still trying to figure out a way to get through to Coatbridge again on Saturday and ditch family plans... Nothing like the first kick of a ball to start a new league campaign!

Edited by Pete83

1 hour ago, Pete83 said:

New home top ordered last night - seems the club are happy with the response so far as well! Good stuff.

Still trying to figure out a way to get through to Coatbridge again on Saturday and ditch family plans... Nothing like the first kick of a ball to start a new league campaign!

12.38 train from Waverley. Pint in the Spoons beforehand at the top of the ramp. I've booked us into Owens Bar on the other side as well  

42 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

12.38 train from Waverley. Pint in the Spoons beforehand at the top of the ramp. I've booked us into Owens Bar on the other side as well  

Nice!

If I was tempted before, you've just made the away day even more appealing... 😂

I'll let you know if I can make it! Thanks for the info.

Certainly liking that new strip. Worth the wait I'd say! Great to see it launched with players from both the men's and women's teams too.

Think it'll have to be the stream on Saturday if at all. I also note a bit of a test of our Friday nights with Rangers v Dunfermline being on at the same time as our home opener.

13 hours ago, FatboyFatFTS said:

Certainly liking that new strip. Worth the wait I'd say! Great to see it launched with players from both the men's and women's teams too.

Think it'll have to be the stream on Saturday if at all. I also note a bit of a test of our Friday nights with Rangers v Dunfermline being on at the same time as our home opener.

Yeah, I'd agree. I ordered it that night - hope the gym visits pay off right enough with it being Macron! Carrying a bit of timber is difficult to hide! Haha.

I'm actually gutted I'll miss our home opening on the 13th as I'm down south at a Festival over that weekend. Hopefully the City top arrives so I can sport it that day and answer the inevitable questions about who's top I'm wearing!

Edited by Pete83

5 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Yeah, I'd agree. I ordered it that night - hope the gym visits pay off right enough with it being Macron! Carrying a bit of timber is difficult to hide! Haha.

I'm actually gutted I'll miss our home opening on the 13th as I'm down south at a Festival over that weekend. Hopefully the City top arrives so I can sport it that day and answer the inevitable questions about who's top I'm wearing!

I'm undecided on the home opener. Could shift things around but more games at Ainslie Park really does not excite me, especially on a Friday.

Ex Saintee John Robertson signs 

Reading between the lines of the story on the website he seems to have his heid up his erse so this could go either way. Forfar fans might have an opinion on him 

Of course if he turns out to be a 30 goal a season man he'll be declared a god.

What a shit show from start to finish really.

I had concerns that started to develop in recent weeks as mentioned on another thread, but that was pure shite from City today. I'm a bit concerned about this rebuilt squad now - it looks miles behind what we've had the past few seasons and that's before we talk about the gaffer...

As for the referee being injured and the farce at the beginning of the second half, it will be interesting to see what the SPFL do here as 2 officials for the entire second half was pub league stuff, I thought there had to be 3 - end of.

Regardless, City deserved nothing today. Hugely disappointing start to the season.... No idea what lies ahead but it gets no easier away to Forfar next weekend....

Edited by Pete83

What a shit show from start to finish really.
I had concerns that started to develop in recent weeks as mentioned on another thread, but that was pure shite from City today. I'm a bit concerned about this rebuilt squad now - it looks miles behind what we've had the past few seasons and that's before we talk about the gaffer...
As for the referee being injured and the farce at the beginning of the second half, it will be interesting to see what the SPFL do here as 2 officials for the entire second half was pub league stuff, I thought there had to be 3 - end of.
Regardless, City deserved nothing today. Hugely disappointing start to the season.... No idea what lies ahead but it gets no easier away to Forfar next weekend....
There only needs to be 1 official

As I pointed out on another thread

The process is

1. Home team nominates (City rejected)

2. Away team nominates (City rejected)

3. play with 1 fewer linesman if spfl agrees (City eventually agreed to)

4. Team with problem forfeits match

The spfl agreeded to play the game with one fewer official, which is why there was a hold up, awaiting an answer

25 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

There only needs to be 1 official

As I pointed out on another thread

The process is

1. Home team nominates (City rejected)

2. Away team nominates (City rejected)

3. play with 1 fewer linesman if spfl agrees (City eventually agreed to)

4. Team with problem forfeits match

The spfl agreeded to play the game with one fewer official, which is why there was a hold up, awaiting an answer

Goal line decision at about 70 minutes and no linesman!  Surely it can't be right and there needs to be officials on both lines?  What would happen if the the last 2 officals  were injured, very unlikely but what if?  Just keep blaming the team who reject the situation?  Do the clubs not have any say? 

Your point 3 where Edinburgh eventually agreed to no linesman.....it was that or forfeit the match!  Crap situation to be honest. 

Edited by City Jacobite

Chris is right- I was 3/4 of the way down on that side, didn't look like a goal to me and I don't think a stand side assistant would have got a clear view as there were players in the way. 

Ralph Gordon would have been the official with the best view.

2 hours ago, City Jacobite said:

Goal line decision at about 70 minutes and no linesman!  Surely it can't be right and there needs to be officials on both lines?  What would happen if the the last 2 officals  were injured, very unlikely but what if?  Just keep blaming the team who reject the situation?  Do the clubs not have any say? 

Your point 3 where Edinburgh eventually agreed to no linesman.....it was that or forfeit the match!  Crap situation to be honest. 

AFAIK there is no requirement in the laws of the game for a match to have assistants - they are a luxury for 60 odd fixtures each weekend in Scotland.

The SPFL rules don't really say much about referees (just that the SFA will appoint them) and make no mention of what happens if one gets injured - though the LOTG say the rules must state clearly what happens when one is unable to start or continue, so maybe there are some private rules.

The SFA's Scottish Cup rules are a bit clearer - basically AR2 or the 4O replaces the ref, and they are replaced by either a registered ref at the match or a club official decided by the ref.  It also says if two or more match officials require replacing, the referee will decide what happens to enable the match to be completed.

Assistant referees are there to assist after all, with the final decision being made by the referee, so in this case if they can't get someone out of the stand due to Covid rules then it's either use a player or continue with one AR.

I remember a Meadowbank game (possibly Cowdenbeath) where for some reason there was only one linesman. Big Gordon Graham (a Thistle supporter) ended up running the line, dressed in red tracksuit bottoms and a yellow top that made him look like Buzby out of the old telephone ads. I don't know if it was a deliberate choice or if it just happened that way but he was on the far side of the pitch so we in the stand couldn't shower him with too much abuse.