Edinburgh City

38 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can’t have been too much City sell our games, did you get a ticket?

says the Cowden fan, the club that had social distancing between fans before it was needed :P

2 hours ago, City Jacobite said:

Bring on the Jambos in a Derby game.  

Can't wait for this.

We ARE the wee team and proud.

Well, I've got a few mates that are neutral where supporting a side is concerned who I've convinced to watch ECFC, who knows what the future holds regarding "wee" team status! 😆

Match day is upon us.

Hoping the rain stays off tonight as I elected not to take a seat in the 'stand' and, well... stand!

Just read that this is actually Accies first game of the season in terms of them having not even played a friendly. Their fans feel the squad is too threadbare as well...

That said, good gaffer, many years Premier League experience and they know a plastic surface like the back of their hand so I think the bookies have called this one right in terms of the odds:

City to win 10/3 whereas Acceis are 10/13.

4 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Match day is upon us.

It is indeed Pete, and the City fans are buzzing for some Friday night football!

My phone hasn't stopped!  mate's constantly asking if I've managed to secure a ticket for this one...

If we still had the same team from the last three years, I'd fancy City to sneak a 1-0 win.

However I've no idea how good or bad this new team will be so no prediction.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

It is indeed Pete, and the City fans are buzzing for some Friday night football!

My phone hasn't stopped!  mate's constantly asking if I've managed to secure a ticket for this one...

If we still had the same team from the last three years, I'd fancy City to sneak a 1-0 win.

However I've no idea how good or bad this new team will be so no prediction.

Of the 300 available, its the hottest ticket in town! Haha.

I agree with that last sentence, I really don't know what to expect tonight given the overhaul of the side that's taken place. Just want to see a good performance and feel optimistic with some of the new lads.

So my utter guess tonight is City 1 Accies 2...

Well played Edinburgh tonight.  Second half we settled and nearly snatched a 1-1 draw but for a good save.  We played decent passing football second half and looked like the team to go on and score with the Accies wasting time and hoofing the ball all second half.  First competitive game and with our defender injured early on, ref didnt allow us to get back to 11 players and we lose a goal.   Otherwise the ref was ok.  Well played lads.  

Ah what a difference being at a game. Jeez I've missed that. 

Thought we played pretty well overall, second half (admittedly Accies tired) we were tremendous. Pretty clear we'll play more football this year and we might even have a threat out wide! The world really has changed beyond all recognition. 

Tapping is just class, loved how vocal he was as well. Hilton,  Reekie, Ferguson and MacFarlane also really impressive amongst the new lot. I love Ouzy and thought he was really good again last night against a very tough defence. 

Obvi concern is Jardine playing RB for most of the game! We need bodies in in a few positions.

Looking back on Friday nights game, I think there is reason to be optimistic going into the new season if the team can replicate that second half performance.

Considering that Accies were a Premier League side a few month ago, we gave them real problems at times. We definitely need a few more bodies in though to make the squad a bit bigger.

15 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Has Crawford been announced as assistant at you guys? Heard he was in the dugout on Friday.

He was 100% in the dug out on Friday night with Gary. However, there's been nothing that I've seen or am aware of within the club saying this is official mate.

15 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Any ideas on what your capacity will be from the 19th onwards? Was wondering what my chances would be of getting a ticket next Wednesday. 

There were 300 at the game against Accies on Friday night and they brought a good few through from the west. I'd guess that worse case scenario, it will be 300 again. That said, Nic was on the box earlier and is talking about us all moving to 'Level 0' from Monday - which might allow for more.

Get yourself the 'Fanbase' App and keep an eye on it. The tickets will likely go to season tickets at City like last week before going on public sale...

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Lewis Toshney signs on and Chris Kane returns.

Fairy nuff.

I thought Toshney retired in recent times, still, a good pick up for the club regardless. Nice to get some extra bodies in at the back.

Slightly disappointed with the result last night, but that said, that's two Championship sides we've been up against in the past 4 or 5 days. I'm intrigued to see how things go on Saturday at Albion Rovers given we share a league with them.

Edited by Pete83

4 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Any ideas if / when the Falkirk tickets are going on sale?

Having checked the Fanbase App that is used by City, I cannot see any ticketing details for the game against Falkirk. I also don't recall seeing any announcement from the club at this stage either.

To be fair, the government guidelines have changed now given the move to 'zero' from Monday, therefore I'm hopeful of some positive news today or tomorrow.