Edinburgh City

What a difference 3 days make! Strong performance from the lads tonight with some great football being played. 1-1 definitely flattered Rose.

Hilton Man of match for me.

Only dampner was Ouzy walking off for what looked like an alleged racist comment towards him. Hopefully this is clarified by both clubs.

8 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

What a difference 3 days make! Strong performance from the lads tonight with some great football being played. 1-1 definitely flattered Rose.

Only dampner was Ouzy walking off for what looked like an alleged racist comment towards him. Hopefully this is clarified by both clubs.

That’s terrible about Ouzy.

12 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

A couple of Stranraer fans were sad to see him leave. Looks promising.

I felt Rose would have been a much stiffer test than GFR at the weekend, but tonight was more assured and gives me a bit more optimism that recruitment might be getting some things right.

Disgusting if the alleged racist comment took place and as you say, both clubs should clarify this today.

Hoping to hear about potential entry for League Cup games soon too as they will be here before you know it. Not holding out much hope mind.

7 hours ago, Pete83 said:

A couple of Stranraer fans were sad to see him leave. Looks promising.

I felt Rose would have been a much stiffer test than GFR at the weekend, but tonight was more assured and gives me a bit more optimism that recruitment might be getting some things right.

Disgusting if the alleged racist comment took place and as you say, both clubs should clarify this today.

Hoping to hear about potential entry for League Cup games soon too as they will be here before you know it. Not holding out much hope mind.

Friday 9th July

City  v  Hamilton

and

Kelty Hearts  v Dundee Utd

Edited by Robert James
typo

So, the new Fanbase App was easy to use to get my tickets sorted for the Hamilton Accies game on Friday night. I'm assuming the wee nifty code/pattern thingy just needs scanned on entry and that will be that?

Nice to see a clean sheet at the weekend as well against Rangers 'B' (Still hacked off we gave them the time of day)...

Can't wait for Friday night now!

1 hour ago, Pete83 said:

So, the new Fanbase App was easy to use to get my tickets sorted for the Hamilton Accies game on Friday night. I'm assuming the wee nifty code/pattern thingy just needs scanned on entry and that will be that?

Nice to see a clean sheet at the weekend as well against Rangers 'B' (Still hacked off we gave them the time of day)...

I used fanbase for Whitehill v Hearts. Easy to use and just scan the code. It's a wee cracker of an app for folk like myself who prefer to pay in advance. 

Bo’ness used the same app for our friendly on Saturday and that’s all they did mate. Handy system for clubs to use and really easy for supporters.

Like the idea of the Fanbase app to be honest and be good to see the club pushing out discounts or incentives via it in the future - every ticket bought for a cup game (i.e. not on the season ticket) you get a small discount off at the club shop, something like that.

Crowd limited at 300 for Friday, not 100% sure we'll actually get that - good early test of how Friday nights will work. As I've said previously it might be okay at Meadowbank assuming we put things in place to make it a decent fan experience but can't see many people giving up their Friday nights to trudge along to Ainslie Park.

49 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Like the idea of the Fanbase app to be honest and be good to see the club pushing out discounts or incentives via it in the future - every ticket bought for a cup game (i.e. not on the season ticket) you get a small discount off at the club shop, something like that.

Crowd limited at 300 for Friday, not 100% sure we'll actually get that - good early test of how Friday nights will work. As I've said previously it might be okay at Meadowbank assuming we put things in place to make it a decent fan experience but can't see many people giving up their Friday nights to trudge along to Ainslie Park.

Yeah, the app seems to have worked well. The only slight concern I've got is my my brother asked me to buy his ticket, which I've done, but there's now two tickets with the same Order number in the app/wallet. I'm sure it will be fine.

Friday night football can be hit or miss. I'm just glad to get along to see the side for the first time in ages. Might even pop into the fancy Village Hotel if it's open for a pre-match pint....

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I think this all depends where you're coming from as to which venue suits better.

See, I'd be the opposite to you Ally, as I actually like Ainslie Park. It's  handier for me and I think you get a good view from the stand. I'm 70/30 about going on Friday.

Now, if it were at Meadowbank I'd 100 percent NOT be going as that's a trek I'll not be doing on a Friday night. Plus I think it'll be a shite view (first season at least) until that other new stand gets built. (Anyone know where we're at with that?).

Anyway, it's good to have the chance to go in to the games this weekend after a year off. See how our New team looks.

1 hour ago, Pete83 said:

Yeah, the app seems to have worked well. The only slight concern I've got is my my brother asked me to buy his ticket, which I've done, but there's now two tickets with the same Order number in the app/wallet. I'm sure it will be fine.

Friday night football can be hit or miss. I'm just glad to get along to see the side for the first time in ages. Might even pop into the fancy Village Hotel if it's open for a pre-match pint....

That'll be fine with the app I reckon. The Village hotel? Must be all that cash you've saved over lockdown burning a hole in your pocket!

23 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I think this all depends where you're coming from as to which venue suits better.

See, I'd be the opposite to you Ally, as I actually like Ainslie Park. It's  handier for me and I think you get a good view from the stand. I'm 70/30 about going on Friday.

Now, if it were at Meadowbank I'd 100 percent NOT be going as that's a trek I'll not be doing on a Friday night. Plus I think it'll be a shite view (first season at least) until that other new stand gets built. (Anyone know where we're at with that?).

Anyway, it's good to have the chance to go in to the games this weekend after a year off. See how our New team looks.

Aye that's fair, Meadowbank is a 20 minute walk for me where I'll probably take the car on Friday (still a bit unsure about public transport with the plague and all that, plus I get home quicker). I think in general though Meadowbank is far better served by transport links than Ainslie Park.

Not heard anything more about the additional stand - nothing on the council site about a planning permission application so it's certainly not imminent. If you go past the site now you can see the stand attached to the complex being built - if you can find a gap in the trees. I think you're right about the view, it can't be any good with a stand that size.

Be interesting to go to a game where I don't know much about a good portion of the squad, not been that way for a few years now.

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Hopefully the new kit should be out shortly for us to spend money on the club shop.

I work nightshifts starting at 22.30 Monday to Friday. Ainslie is really tight to make it on time, but should be easier once back at Meadowbank. Having to give this Friday a miss due to a prior engagement unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Pete83 said:

I’ve used it a few time, aye the guy at the gate just scans it with his phone .

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’ve used it a few time, aye the guy at the gate just scans it with his phone .

The normal guy at the City gate will try and scan it with his magic lantern and wonder what satanic instrument he is being presented with.. ;)

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The normal guy at the City gate will try and scan it with his magic lantern and wonder what satanic instrument he is being presented with.. ;)

Glad you survived the Stockbridge flood Tam.