Edinburgh City

So 16 of 18 home games set for Friday nights, but both Rovers fixtures are the odd pair out.  Coincidence, or did our board object?

Hadn’t noticed the 2nd one - assumed the first game was because Ainslie Park was going to be free on the Saturday but maybe you’re right.

Have to say if I was another club in the league I don’t think I’d be particularly chuffed. Must be a nightmare for some of the players (not to mention club officials)

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interestingly the Edinburgh City-Stranraer match on November 12th now clashes with the Scotland international v Moldova which is due that Friday night.

In the old days that would have led to the SFA banning the Scotland game being shown live.

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

What a strange reaction to a genuine question.

Is there a reason you are so defensive about the line of questioning?

I wonder what the answers I'd get to a "genuine question" asked about Stenhousemuir's crowds and finances would be....

So 16 of 18 home games set for Friday nights, but both Rovers fixtures are the odd pair out.  Coincidence, or did our board object?

A much simpler explanation than that.

The opening day games can’t be played before the official opening day of the season.

And the other game is Sunday the 2nd of January… so that would mean travelling into Edinburgh for a 7:45 ko on Hogmanay and trying to leave after 10pm on Hogmanay [emoji85]

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder what the answers I'd get to a "genuine question" asked about Stenhousemuir's crowds and finances would be....

Our crowds are not great but we have other means of income goldline lottery and of course renting the park out every day of the week.

Edinburgh don't have that luxury as they have no asset in that regard and will be paying rental fees on top of assembling some handy players. 

I'm sure you can see it does look a bit as though you are being bank rolled from the outside looking in and I will have to assume that is the case with your defensive stance. 

32 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Our crowds are not great but we have other means of income goldline lottery and of course renting the park out every day of the week.

Edinburgh don't have that luxury as they have no asset in that regard and will be paying rental fees on top of assembling some handy players. 

I'm sure you can see it does look a bit as though you are being bank rolled from the outside looking in and I will have to assume that is the case with your defensive stance. 

Think what you like. 

I can reveal that  I am actually bankrolling City with my ill gotten funds from secret and illegal Beetle drives conducted for lonely pensioners during Covid. Scout Hut at Saughton Enclosure every Thursday. Ask for Thora. 

Funny, when we won the Lowland League twice people thought we were spending bings of cash when our budget was lower than a couple of other teams. Nothing ever changes but the shoes. 

Of course with the handy revenue Stenny are getting from renting the park out you should be outbidding other teams for players. 

kermit.jpg.0f680599b22f870bdfb9cdb161d4e18d.jpg

Any one know when the club intends to release season ticket details? While I'm at it, where are the new kits? I've got money burning in my pocket here! 😎

6 minutes ago, Pete83 said:

Any one know when the club intends to release season ticket details? While I'm at it, where are the new kits? I've got money burning in my pocket here! 😎

^^^ City's millionaire backer found :lol:

There goes Grant Murray to Queen's Park having only been in the door 5 minutes and clearly not something the club expected...

This season could go any way given the mass changes taking place.

There goes Grant Murray to Queen's Park having only been in the door 5 minutes and clearly not something the club expected...
This season could go any way given the mass changes taking place.

Can’t blame him for taking a full time role, at least we’re getting compensation.
Not the easiest close season we’ve ever had, certainly going to be a much different feel when we return.

Might be an interesting experiment at Meadowbank (pubs nearby, relatively easy to get to). Will be absolutely brutal at Ainslie Park, be surprised if we got 150 through the door. 

Feels like the move to Meadowbank is a while away yet
From what I hear regarding capacities for grounds you will be lucky to allow 150 in the ground

20 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Any one know when the club intends to release season ticket details?

With everything that's going on at the club at the moment, there's no point announcing season tickets! 

Reading the various social media, not many of the fans are happy about Friday nights.

On 16/06/2021 at 08:45, Jaydee said:

A much simpler explanation than that.
The opening day games can’t be played before the official opening day of the season.
And the other game is Sunday the 2nd of January… so that would mean travelling into Edinburgh for a 7:45 ko on Hogmanay and trying to leave after 10pm on Hogmanay emoji85.png

Fair enough.

Edited by Telefunken U47

16 hours ago, hoosierclyde said:

Baloteli signed for Clyde- how was he last year?

Last club was Ac Monza cracking striker for League 1 standard Lennon has pulled a cracker here🤗🤗🤗🤗