Edinburgh City

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Is he decent aye ?? Hope so 🙏🏻

Andy Black was quality this first season he signed for us, and rightly got our player of the year award.

Then got injured and was out for a year, and difficult to tell from last seasons streams if he was still as good .(Obviously Naismith didn't think so!)

Still very disappointing, that 1) He got released, and 2)  He is signing for one of our main rivals for next seasons title.

25 minutes ago, Moonball said:

Sorry to see Jinky go, talented lad. Hope he goes on to great things.

Thanks for sharing this little gem of a video. Seems like a nice lad. Do you think he will do well at City?

1 minute ago, Pete83 said:

Thanks for sharing this little gem of a video. Seems like a nice lad. Do you think he will do well at City?

Given a good run in the team with freedom to play, absolutely. He was unlucky not to get more minutes last season, we tended to play Stirling on one wing and Paton on the other. Still did well when called upon, the season before that he was top scorer in a poor Stranraer side. A positive player with plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

52 minutes ago, Jute said:

When did they play in the green one. Can remember the other 3 but not that one. 

Must have been a change kit never seen it either.

I can remember them wearing green socks with their white top and black shorts.

2 hours ago, Jute said:

When did they play in the green one. Can remember the other 3 but not that one. 

The Green one was match worn against Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup.

We wore a green away strip from 1995 at the insistence of the guys who had come on board from Liberton Cropley amateurs and who favoured a certain other Edinburgh team. When they went off to do other things the green was changed to yellow and black for obscure reasons... :whistle

We did actually register a third kit at one time which was blue. It never existed!

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

We wore a green away strip from 1995 at the insistence of the guys who had come on board from Liberton Cropley amateurs and who favoured a certain other Edinburgh team. When they went off to do other things the green was changed to yellow and black for obscure reasons... :whistle

We did actually register a third kit at one time which was blue. It never existed!

I was at that Dunfermline game so I must have seen the green top after all.

Edited by cowdenbeath

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Cheers. I never moved down until well after that so that explains why I hadn’t seen it. 

9 hours ago, Jute said:

Cheers. I never moved down until well after that so that explains why I hadn’t seen it. 

Long time no see Jute, I take it you’ll be going back to City games since a certain person has left.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Long time no see Jute, I take it you’ll be going back to City games since a certain person has left.

Very possibly as not going to be buying a Dons season ticket while Brown and Gallagher are there.

Goodfellow signs on again. Must be our first choice for next season. I haven't seen much of him but he was a part of question on Radio 4's Round Britain quiz recently.
How's that for eclectic?!
I would be surprised if he's your number 1, was a decent keeper, but better out there very quickly lost his place at rovers when the new manager came in,

Wasn't the best when playing for berwick before us

1 minute ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I would be surprised if he's your number 1, was a decent keeper, but better out there very quickly lost his place at rovers when the new manager came in,

Wasn't the best when playing for berwick before us

We've let Antell, Mason and Beveridge go so unless we're going to sign someone else...