Edinburgh City

That was a really entertaining game last night.

It was one of those games were neither side deserved to lose, but someone had to given it was a two legged play off.

Elgin with better finishing, could have pulled away in the first have IMO and it was disappointing to concede from a Edinburgh City point of view from two set plays and two headers.

That down pour from around 55 minutes was something else, but it seemed that we adapted to that a lot better and had more of the ball. The long ball was played less as we tried to move it through the middle and into the wide areas. What a strike from Josh to win it as well late in the day.

Fair play to the Garage Crew and others who withstood that weather!

On to Dumbarton.!

Edited by Pete83

Situations Vacant:

Centre Half. Must be able to win headers and be built like a brick outhouse. Ability to stare down nippy wee forwards required. Suffering nosebleeds when going over a halfway line is not a handicap but mobility a plus. 

Apply: centre of defence, Edinburgh City FC 

25 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Situations Vacant:

Centre Half. Must be able to win headers and be built like a brick outhouse. Ability to stare down nippy wee forwards required.

A brick outhouse, you say! 

Sounds like it's someone like Joe Mbu your looking for here!

Today I got the tram out to the Gyle for the first time in months and of course it passed Murrayfield, where I got my first look at the new stadium they've built there. "Lesser Murrayfield", if you like. Looks a nice little ground.

Remind me why it was decided that it wasn't suitable for City's use/City weren't fit to play there (delete as applicable).

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Today I got the tram out to the Gyle for the first time in months and of course it passed Murrayfield, where I got my first look at the new stadium they've built there. "Lesser Murrayfield", if you like. Looks a nice little ground.

Remind me why it was decided that it wasn't suitable for City's use/City weren't fit to play there (delete as applicable).

The sightlines look awful- they've constructed stands with many pillars which is fine for hiding egg chasing from view but not so good for watching football 

I can't speak for the Board but perhaps the SRU weren't particularly interested in having City there whereas a cash strapped council can sting us for rent at New Meadowbank...

Unlucky Edinburgh City . Played really well in 2nd half and were the better side despite playing with 10 men . First half was a bit of a non event . Seems the 2nd half in first leg . You’s ran out of steam and has cost you’s in end . If I was fan of your club I would be happy with that showing tho tonight . See yous again next season . 

17 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Unlucky Edinburgh City . Played really well in 2nd half and were the better side despite playing with 10 men . First half was a bit of a non event . Seems the 2nd half in first leg . You’s ran out of steam and has cost you’s in end . If I was fan of your club I would be happy with that showing tho tonight . See yous again next season . 

I'd rather go to Cowden than Cumbernauld anyway!

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I'd rather go to Cowden than Cumbernauld anyway!

Yes indeed.   Also new trips to Kelty and Forfar next season I'm looking forward too.   It should be a good league!

Colin Cautious writes: Brechin aren't out of it yet..

We've actually got a good record against Kelty. OK, it is all friendlies results but we did also get Ross Allum off them on the cheap which was good.

16 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Thanks Cowden, team gave everything although tired.  A new dawn next season at Meadowbank.  

Colin Cautious writes: Brechin aren't out of it yet..
We've actually got a good record against Kelty. OK, it is all friendlies results but we did also get Ross Allum off them on the cheap which was good.

Actually got Ross from Hill of Beath Hawthorn, but it's all Fife.

Thanks Cowden, team gave everything although tired.  A new dawn next season at Meadowbank.  

Gotta confess I am so looking forward to seeing Stranraer at Meadowbank again.
Tempered slightly by the demise of the Golden Gates but I’m sure I’ll find a few alternatives

Unlucky City - played really well in the 2nd half but I thought Dumbo edged it over the peace. If anything Edinburgh were a bit of a shadow of themselves from what i saw in the season but I dare say the amount of games took it’s toll.

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Stenny fan says we're signing Tapping.

Personally with a name like that he should be signing for Spartans.

Great player.  Hope he signs.  He would bolster the midfeld and play the Edinburgh City way - passing football.  

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Stenny fan says we're signing Tapping.

Personally with a name like that he should be signing for Spartans.

Would be a decent signing tbf.