Edinburgh City

Returning to Meadowbank I do hope we don't have to stick by any Cooncil contracts regarding the important things i.e. pies.

One thing that was good about Ainslie Park was the Bains pies and I don't want to end up eating something shite instead 

Returning to Meadowbank I do hope we don't have to stick by any Cooncil contracts regarding the important things i.e. pies.
One thing that was good about Ainslie Park was the Bains pies and I don't want to end up eating something shite instead 
As long as they have enough. I went to about four City games at Meadowbank and not once did they have any pies left by the time I got to the front of the queue.

• 2 weeks later...

So, having got the win at Stirling Albion last night, that's completed a pretty good run of results for City since the restart took place. Interestingly enough, wins away to Elgin City and Stranraer mean we've chalked up wins away from home against all our post split opponents.

What's the thoughts on how the remaining games play out from here? I'd like to think City can secure second place with the current situation and get a crack at the League One playoff. Realistically, are we potentially looking at League One football at Meadowbank next season?

23 hours ago, Pete83 said:

So, having got the win at Stirling Albion last night, that's completed a pretty good run of results for City since the restart took place. Interestingly enough, wins away to Elgin City and Stranraer mean we've chalked up wins away from home against all our post split opponents.

What's the thoughts on how the remaining games play out from here? I'd like to think City can secure second place with the current situation and get a crack at the League One playoff. Realistically, are we potentially looking at League One football at Meadowbank next season?

City have brought in a fantastic management team and the team have performed well.  

Pushing for second in the league, play off opportunity and promotion.  Also a return to Meadowbank - brand new stadium, pitch and training facilities.  Even if we don't go up this season (which we are in with a shout at least), season 2021/22 will be worth looking forward to I feel.  

The squad look very well organised and great to watch.  Lets enjoy the next 2/3 weeks and see what happens.     

6 hours ago, City Jacobite said:

City have brought in a fantastic management team and the team have performed well.  

Pushing for second in the league, play off opportunity and promotion.  Also a return to Meadowbank - brand new stadium, pitch and training facilities.  Even if we don't go up this season (which we are in with a shout at least), season 2021/22 will be worth looking forward to I feel.  

The squad look very well organised and great to watch.  Lets enjoy the next 2/3 weeks and see what happens.     

I feel we're forever doomed to finish second to which ever gits have a lot of money. Cove last year, QP this, Brora or Kelty next...

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I feel we're forever doomed to finish second to which ever gits have a lot of money. Cove last year, QP this, Brora or Kelty next...

I think City are most likely to win the play-offs. Been so close for a number of years, but the team is very strong and consistent.

On 22/04/2021 at 11:46, City Jacobite said:

Yeah, I'm excited by the prospect of Naysmith and Murray working alongside each other. I read that Murray is still connected with a role at Hibs. I wonder if this allows for further loan players next season? Porteous is carving out good career at a young age and young Josh Campbell may go on to have a good career as well.

I'm delighted with the return to Meadowbank, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea with the running track, but the location is 3 miles from my front door and I enjoy the Hoppy! I agree with your point regarding whether we go up or stay put in terms of what league we are in, an exciting season beckons.

Roll on tomorrow.

Edited by Pete83

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Easy to feel that way in fairness.

Brora and Kelty have a bit of cash to spare which back up that feeling - still, just have to keep building as we are and hopefully promotion comes sooner rather than later.

17 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I think City are most likely to win the play-offs. Been so close for a number of years, but the team is very strong and consistent.

Hope so mate. Even if we get past our League Two counterparts, memories of bloody Clyde the last time are rife!

Edited by Pete83

On 21/04/2021 at 11:45, Pete83 said:

Not quite. Still time though 😉

53 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Not quite. Still time though 😉

Cheeky!

In fairness, my comment is spot on as we've not played Queen's AWAY since the restart.... 😎

On 29/04/2021 at 21:31, City Jacobite said:

Thought we played well tonight.  Sharp crisp link up play and organised.  Stats showed we matched QP.  Keep the faith.  

I think you are the second best team in the league with Stirling close behind you. I hope you win the play offs and hope to see you at Meadowbank next season. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this game tonight and watching the stream with a bottle of beer.

Given the easing of restrictions announced today and the relatively low attendance, it would have been class to be heading to the game tonight. Still, there's always next season at MB.

I felt that the 1-0 win at Elgin at the weekend wasn't our best performance and we need to up it a notch tonight. Fingers crossed!

Prediction: 1-0 Edinburgh completing a 2-0 aggregate progression.

Edited by Pete83