Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Board kept this one tight but it's been announced on the website-

WE'RE MOVING BACK TO MEADOWBANK!!

Woohoo! 

Good thing they announced it today and not tomorrow...

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Beyond delighted to be going home. As a few have said we really need to get the new stand in place ASAP but just brilliant news.

Going by the chairman’s statement it sounds like the council/Edinburgh Leisure approached us to try and find a solution, not surprising as their income has been absolutely slashed this last year (my EL membership is £50 a month and it’s been suspended since COVID so x that by lots of other people).

Genuinely 6 or 7 really good pre match options for pints which compared to Ainslie Park’s 0 good options is maths I can’t even do.

Absolutely buzzing and won’t miss Ainslie Park one bit.

It's ironic that Covid forced the Clowncil into a corner otherwise you get the feeling we'd be still stuck at Ainslie.

Anyway enough churlishness, we're going home and that's fine.

Edinburgh city seem to be suggesting they will build an additional stand.
Thats serious money so looks like they have a sugar daddy or 10 lined up.
How long did it take you to think up something negative backed by nothing save your imagination? Deary me, try being happy for someone once in a while, it might do you good.

Excellent news for City and for Scottish football fans in general. Hope to see you in the league/cup next season!

20 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

How long did it take you to think up something negative backed by nothing save your imagination? Deary me, try being happy for someone once in a while, it might do you good.

Excellent news for City and for Scottish football fans in general. Hope to see you in the league/cup next season!

Yes great news.

The last time I was at the (old) stadium was years ago, to watch Meadowbank Thistle's first Scottish League match under floodlights. Myself and my 2 lads arrived +20 minutes late, and were given free entry, as the turnstile(s) had closed. 

I am very pleased that after all the hassle, City will be returning to the new Meadowbank, and will attend a future match when I'm in Edinburgh. Has a date been set for completion of the ground works ?

Perhaps I will be given free entry again !! (just joking).

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yes great news.

The last time I was at the (old) stadium was years ago, to watch Meadowbank Thistle's first Scottish League match under floodlights. Myself and my 2 lads arrived +20 minutes late, and were given free entry, as the turnstile(s) had closed. 

I am very pleased that after all the hassle, City will be returning to the new Meadowbank, and will attend a future match when I'm in Edinburgh. Has a date been set for completion of the ground works ?

Perhaps I will be given free entry again !! (just joking).

Club website says we'll be in for start of next season

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Club website says we'll be in for start of next season

I hope you your info is correct. Ground development target dates for opening usually run late, as various 'snags' and ' safety approvals' are often delayed by a few weeks/months.

Timescale-wise, I am keeping an eye on Queens Park at Lesser Hampden. Another very exciting development.

South of the border, completion dates for new football stadia, are frequently (much ?) later than anticipated,. Typical.

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Just had a look at the plans, and the stand looks like it is set really far back (obviously because of the track) but isn't raised in anyway. Looks horrendous for watching a game. 

Surely they'll look to raise the 2nd, larger stand to give half decent view of a game? 

Cove’s ground is a disaster for standing spectators unless you are > 7ft tall. Hope City don’t go the same way.

Just had a look at the plans, and the stand looks like it is set really far back (obviously because of the track) but isn't raised in anyway. Looks horrendous for watching a game. 
Surely they'll look to raise the 2nd, larger stand to give half decent view of a game? 

Yeah the main stand attached to the building is just 2 or 3 rows as far as I can tell. Seems the point of the 2nd stand is to provide a viable viewpoint for watching football. Would imagine it’s the stand we use once it’s built and the current 500 seater is for overspill (yes I know)

8 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I agree with this mostly.

No doubt Meadowbank is a better location than Ainslie Park for most people,   and there's plenty pubs, if that's a big part of your day out.

However, I'm slightly disappointed with this,  as the view of the match is going to be horrendous at Meadowbank next season with only that shitey wee flat stand well back from the pitch due to the 8 lane running track.

The club DESPERATELY needs to get the other stand built ASAP!

Maybe we should have waited another year at AP until Meadowbank was completed.

I agree with this mostly.
No doubt Meadowbank is a better location than Ainslie Park for most people,   and there's plenty pubs, if that's a big part of your day out.
However, I'm slightly disappointed with this,  as the view of the match is going to be horrendous at Meadowbank next season with only that shitey wee flat stand well back from the pitch due to the 8 lane running track.
The club DESPERATELY needs to get the other stand built ASAP!
Maybe we should have waited another year at AP until Meadowbank was completed.

I’m hoping that we’ll have something in place for the start of the season. Even if it’s temporary as I agree it won’t be much fun sitting miles away at basically pitch level. Would be good to get some clarity on it and the club did say there would be more news soonish.

The crappy stand we were going to get fobbed off with (reminded me of the K Park Stand) was one of the reasons we weren't keen on returning to New (New New*) Meadowbank.

Built the other stand for fans and stick the Directors in the crappy one! :lol:

(*The site where the pitch is was originally New Meadowbank. Redevelopment for the Commonwealth Games would have made that New New Meadowbank. So this must be New New New Meadowbank!

Old Meadowbank was where Leith Athletic played and where the speedway was until 1968. Then it was where the reconstituted Leith played on a 4G pitch)