Edinburgh City

Anyone "in the know" about where City will be playing home games in the future? Is the Ainslie Park agreement permanent? Has there been any further dialogue with Edinburgh Council/Meadowbank Stadium in line with the redevelopment?

Edited by Pete83

3 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Anyone "in the know" about where City will be playing home games in the future? Is the Ainslie Park agreement permanent? Has there been any further dialogue with Edinburgh Council/Meadowbank Stadium in line with the redevelopment?

No

118. ‘A Chat With Neil McGlade’ 

If you follow Edinburgh sport you’ll know of Neil Mcglade. 
His start in journalism 
Highlights in the role
Following @EdinburghCityFC and the Lowland League
Covering boxing in the capital

https://anchor.fm/edinburghfootballpodcast/episodes/118--A-Chat-With-Neil-McGlade-etqegt

See we can use our ECFC TV log ins to buy the stream for Cowdenbeath tonight, wonder what they do to make it worth that extra £1.01.

Can we go on winning until the end of time? Probably yes. 0-2 City another 3 points and our first clean sheet under the new gaffer.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

See we can use our ECFC TV log ins to buy the stream for Cowdenbeath tonight, wonder what they do to make it worth that extra £1.01.

Can we go on winning until the end of time? Probably yes. 0-2 City another 3 points and our first clean sheet under the new gaffer.

close enough, really enjoyed that actually. We give away a few more chances than under the previous manager but we look far more of a threat, Brown and De Vita among a significant list of players that look much happier playing under Naysmith. 

2 tremendous goals in the game, one for each side. Felt for the young lad in goal for them, that can't have been much fun. Hopefully Blair and Brown aren't too badly hurt especially with our Scottish Cup odyssey continuing at the weekend.

I suspect the extra £1.01 was for the 2 commentators or maybe we were paying a premium for a good view of the pylon - coverage was absolutely grand to be fair so well done Cowden.

We seem to be firing the goals in. Shame I wasn't there as every time I go to Cowden we seem to lose. (Thinks: f*cking jinx..!)

Can be reasonably confident of getting a draw against the Bridie shaggers, I'll put it no higher than that..

Edinburgh are a decent side but they got a bit of a helping hand from our defending. We created a wee bit more tonight but no harm done to league position so onto Saturday.

Dont know we are playing tho when we could have stopped after 3 games apparently.

Injury to Henderson was hilarious, he looked like he lost control of his legs then fell over and didn’t get up again. 

9 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Edinburgh are a decent side but they got a bit of a helping hand from our defending. We created a wee bit more tonight but no harm done to league position so onto Saturday.

Dont know we are playing tho when we could have stopped after 3 games apparently.

Injury to Henderson was hilarious, he looked like he lost control of his legs then fell over and didn’t get up again. 

I hope Blair Henderson is ok.  It looked a bad shoulder injury and he was going for a hatrick.  He was on fire and lets hope he gets back to fitness quickly, quality player and superb goals last night.  

I thought the Cowden TV commentators were excellent.  Best I have heard, good knowledge and quite unbiased and complimentary to both teams.  Well done guys. 

The Manager and Assistant are playing some good football, high tempo and attacking play.  Our whole team seems geared to attacking and playing on the deck (when suitable).  

Blair Henderson, Blackie, Broony , Jardine, Campbell and Thomo were excellent last night.  Positive performances and a lot of young players involved under 25 in the team.  Looking great for the future and next season, no matter what happens this  disruptive Covid year.   

Edited by City Jacobite

12 minutes ago, City Jacobite said:

I hope Blair Henderson is ok.  It looked a bad shoulder injury and he was going for a hatrick. 

Pretty sure Blair only got one last night. I don't think he got a touch on Brown's shot and De Vita put in the third after keeper fumbled it. 

Think he's been credited with the third though. 

I read your clubs update & saw there is a 500 seated stadium. There was also talks of another stand on the North side which would be a combination of seats & standing accommodating a further 1,500. Is the north stand likely to be built come start of next season or is that expected to be further down the line? 

I preferred Clyde’s trips to Meadowbank a lot more than Ainslie Park although it was clear Meadowbank needed some upgrades. Hope you get promoted for selfish reasons... Edinburgh is cracking for an away day!

Really good news for City to be going back to Meadowbank and the prospect of a long term home. Hopefully the new stand can be developed asap and you don't end up stuck with the wee athletics stand for years. 

Beyond delighted to be going home. As a few have said we really need to get the new stand in place ASAP but just brilliant news.

Going by the chairman’s statement it sounds like the council/Edinburgh Leisure approached us to try and find a solution, not surprising as their income has been absolutely slashed this last year (my EL membership is £50 a month and it’s been suspended since COVID so x that by lots of other people).

Genuinely 6 or 7 really good pre match options for pints which compared to Ainslie Park’s 0 good options is maths I can’t even do.

Absolutely buzzing and won’t miss Ainslie Park one bit.

What's interesting is that according to the masterplan there's going to be some buildings to the north and west side of Meadowbank, presumably this is where the stand would be going?

https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/dd57c1d3/supporting_documents/Landscape masterplan.pdf

Oh and is that stand still under construction at Ainslie Park?