Edinburgh City

Saw Rafa da Vita has joined you on loan. He looked pretty rubbish at Falkirk last season but then again, John Rankin was apparently finished before he signed for Clyde and he was great! Hopefully does a job for you.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Harrison Sharp joins you on loan. Take it you needed a keeper?
Yep. Kelby Mason is injured and Dean Beveridge is out on loan. Callum Antell is fit, but remembering last season when we played seven different keepers, we always need to have a back-up.

Anyone else buy the stream today? Thought we were dreadful 1st half untill we scored, then controlled the game untill the last 10 minutes. Need to learn to be more clinical in front of goal.

Stream quality wise it wasn't the best. Changed browser and player a few times but continued to freeze every 10 minutes or so. Pretty poor for £10 but hopefully it will improve.

6 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

Yep. Kelby Mason is injured and Dean Beveridge is out on loan. Callum Antell is fit, but remembering last season when we played seven different keepers, we always need to have a back-up.

Mr Scrooge, (or anyone else that knows)   Where has Deano gone to on loan? Also, what's the story with big sexy Rab Mac and finally where is Lairdy?

Also, what's the story with big sexy Rab Mac and finally where is Lairdy?

The Gaffers page in today’s programme says Robbie McIntyre, Kelby Mason and Allan Smith are long term injured, while Marc Laird and Alex Harris are out for 1 to 2 weeks

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Michael Cunningham (A striker) has joined you on loan from ourselves.

Any good? 

We also have a striker on loan from Dunfermline called Gabby. Must be the first Gabby to play for City although we've had gobby players in the past.

I've always been a bit suspicious of loan strikers since *shudder* Ciaran Diver but Blair Henderson has started well so if they can set up the 6 ft 4 goal machine then good.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Any good? 

We also have a striker on loan from Dunfermline called Gabby. Must be the first Gabby to play for City although we've had gobby players in the past.

I've always been a bit suspicious of loan strikers since *shudder* Ciaran Diver but Blair Henderson has started well so if they can set up the 6 ft 4 goal machine then good.

He must be shite if Osman Sow is getting a game past him.

Seriously though, he's quite tall. Only played a bit part for us so hard to comment. In the one game he did play, he showed some nice touches but looked every bit like a young laddie playing against seasoned professionals and that was against Elgin last season.

Highly thought of though but I don't think he'll be pulling up trees for you.

I hope we get the season off to a flier tomorrow. We've lost a few daft goals but the League Cup was going to be a warm up for the league so I wasn't too concerned about results... well, apart from the need to practice penalties.

So Cunningham's tall... Play it up to the big men then!

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I hope we get the season off to a flier tomorrow. We've lost a few daft goals but the League Cup was going to be a warm up for the league so I wasn't too concerned about results... well, apart from the need to practice penalties.

So Cunningham's tall... Play it up to the big men then!

I had a wee dig at Antell earlier in the thread - Any chance Sharp breaks through or he likely to be picking splinters out for the season?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I had a wee dig at Antell earlier in the thread - Any chance Sharp breaks through or he likely to be picking splinters out for the season?

Well we did field 7 different keepers last season due to injuries... 

At the start of last season Antell was looking good (I think he was helped by Jim McQueen's coaching) but got injured. It would seem daft to bring Sharp in without having competition for the No 1 jersey so if he does well at training he'll be in with a chance.