Edinburgh City

Basically the council designs don't meet SPFL criteria on seating and turnstiles. They refused all lobbying from City to change it unless the club paid for said changes. We politely declined.
At least thats my understanding. Happy to be corrected by those more in the know than me.

That’s a shame, I’m walking distance from Meadowbank so was looking forward to QP games in the future.

Thoughts on Jardine? Seems to be well thought of by Albion fans

Could be a decent signing for you, played out of position out wide for the most part at Forthbank needs to be played in the middle.

3 hours ago, NathanQP said:

I didn’t realise you guys weren’t going back to Meadowbank, what’s the story there?

Council have big hole in budget (trams you know). Have nice bit of land to flog for more bloody student accommodation. Biggest rent payers at Meadowbank (City) get told to get to f...rance by Council while twatty athletes make a lot of noise and get new small stadium built. There's actually a running track at Saughton Enclosure which the athletes say isn't good enough which makes me wonder why Lothian Thistle Hutchi Vale don't get it lifted as Glenrothes have managed to do at the Warout. Architect comes up with plans for new stadium with one turnstile, a four row stand and 8 lane running track. Imagine a shittier K Park and you get the idea. Also it was invisaged field athletes could chuck javelins, hammers etc at the 4G pitch without damaging it....

Ainslie Park is mostly council funded as the Council owned City Park and Spartans run it as a community Foundation so the Council probably think "stick City there, it'll be fine"

Danny Jardine signs for City.
The last guy called Jardine at City did quite well so here's hoping..

Think it was a move that was always going to happen, your manager worked with him at Hibs and tried to sign him last summer, so as soon as it looked like he wasn’t coming back to Forthbank, I think everyone knew where he would end up.

I think the change will do Danny good, he was outstanding and showed a lot of promise when Dave Mackay was manager, playing more freely but he just never really influenced games or seemed to do enough in KR’s more ridged system. Whether this was because he was out wide and not played through the middle, I don’t know.

If you can get him playing in the free role that he was playing in a couple of seasons ago then he’ll be a big player for you, he’s a good lad that the fans will warm to and I’m sure everyone at the Albion will wish him well when he is not playing against us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/07/2020 at 19:08, tamthebam said:

We're kicking the season off away to Brechin.

Not a bad trip, friendly enough, the hedge in splendid autumn colours and it could be a good game too.

Is the Vickie Inn in Coupar Angus still trading?

I don't know Gordon. I drove up for my first visit to Glebe Park since Meadowbank beat them (it might have been the game where we played an ineligible player due to a Blobby f**k up and got the points taken off).

Other City fans got the train to Montrose (they can source cheap tickets) and a local bus to Brechin 

Our other trip to Glebe Park was due to have been at the end of the 2019-20 season....

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't know Gordon. I drove up for my first visit to Glebe Park since Meadowbank beat them (it might have been the game where we played an ineligible player due to a Blobby f**k up and got the points taken off).

That was when I gave up going. I only went to two other matches (three, if the Celtic cup game at Hampden was that season) - the last home game and the last one of all, Morton away.

• 2 weeks later...

League Cup group:

Stenny (familiar)

Alloa (nice soup)

Airdrie (can get there by train)

And a franchise. All a bit meh really. I would have liked a trip to Easter Road or Tynie but they keep us apart from our noisy neighbours for some reason 

19 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

League Cup group:

Stenny (familiar)

Alloa (nice soup)

And a franchise. All a bit meh really. I would have liked a trip to Easter Road or Tynie but they keep us apart from our noisy neighbours for some reason 

Aye. While there's not much excitement in that draw, at least all trips are do-able.

With us having to be in the South / Weegie side of the draw it could have been a LOT worse, with some of the shite trips in that half.

It's very disappointing every season that we can't get in the North half of the draw and get some proper games to look forward too.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

League Cup group:

Stenny (familiar)

Alloa (nice soup)

Police concerns over City v Hearts / Hibs casual clashes.

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Aye. While there's not much excitement in that draw, at least all trips are do-able.

With us having to be in the South / Weegie side of the draw it could have been a LOT worse, with some of the shite trips in that half.

It's very disappointing every season that we can't qualify for the next round and get some proper games to look forward too.

FTFY

51 minutes ago, GordonD said:

It's very disappointing every season that we can't qualify for the next round and get some proper games to look forward too.

FTFY

No.  I think you're being a bit harsh there Gordon! 

A League 2 team is never going to qualify out of these groups against a premiership and Championship teams.

We'd (obviously) prefer it if Edinburgh City were in the North half, as that's where the Exciting ties are with your Hibs, Hertz, Dundee teams.

I don't know why it needs to be North / South anyway, why can't it be an East / West draw, or just an open draw?

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Police concerns over City v Hearts / Hibs casual clashes.

And yet they let you South Glasgow hooligans play Morton- scenes of terror in the leafy suburbs as the Greenock hordes are dispersed by handcrafted soap and rolled up copies of the Daily Telegraph.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The dreaded "Mount Florida brick" in the mopping up operations launched after the initial salvo of empty claret bottles.

"WELCOME TO HELL (aka Ruel Street)" daubed at Mount Florida railway station tells away fans what the script is.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Sorry if I've missed this but what is happening with Meadowbank? Are edin City still homeless? 

1) Funnily enough cash strapped Edinburgh Council are doing it on the cheap. I did notice a pitch was laid when I went past the other day but the plans for the ground were barely suitable for Leith fucking Athletic let alone Edinburgh's 3rd SPFL club.

2) Effectively yes. Any Arab billionaires want to invest in a going concern.. 

City's future ground plans are like the Bermuda Triangle, the JFK assassination and the offside rule in rugby union. A riddle wrapped inside a mystery wrapped inside an enigma.