Edinburgh City

So considering we will have around 25% less home games this season, how much do we reckon Season Tickets will cost this year? Not sure if the club will sell them soon or wait until we have definite confirmation fans will be allowed in to grounds by October.

Also anyone know if we are keeping the same shirts this year? 

Forgive the random questions, I am missing the fitba and trying to fill the void. 

Hey all
I'm interested in the thoughts of Edinburgh City fans on the Edinburgh City U20s Development team.
With Edinburgh City doing fantastic in SPFL 2 last season and operating a 
U20s operated last year and now that City have signed up for another year in the U20s development league I take that the u20s experience was good and been productive for Edinburgh City as a whole 

What's your thoughts of it, especially any fans who went to watch the game son the Friday evening.
last year had 29 teams in the development league and this year there are 68, mostly form the West side with 8 new teams joining from the East side of the country.

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-clubhouse/stadium-update-construction-continues

Latest update on the new Edinburgh Rugby stadium including some pictures. Might be alright with some standing space at the front of the stands too

Looks mega cheap to be honest.

Location wise it's better than Ainslie, but not sure 300 to 500 in an 8000 seater stadium is the way ahead.

On 08/07/2020 at 11:38, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey all
I'm interested in the thoughts of Edinburgh City fans on the Edinburgh City U20s Development team.
With Edinburgh City doing fantastic in SPFL 2 last season and operating a 
U20s operated last year and now that City have signed up for another year in the U20s development league I take that the u20s experience was good and been productive for Edinburgh City as a whole 

What's your thoughts of it, especially any fans who went to watch the game son the Friday evening.
last year had 29 teams in the development league and this year there are 68, mostly form the West side with 8 new teams joining from the East side of the country.

I saw one game where City beat Spartans 4-3 in a good game. Came from 3-2 down as well :thumsup2

City used to get a lot of 1st teamers from the youth ranks including the legendary Dougie Gair. I hope there's some good players coming through.

Also more information should be given to the programme editor by the various youth teams so that they can be better publicised.

56 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

Looks mega cheap to be honest.

Location wise it's better than Ainslie, but not sure 300 to 500 in an 8000 seater stadium is the way ahead.

Agreed.  I've never liked this project. I hate stands that have supporting pillars in front obstructing your view!

Surely in 2020 they can do better than put these stands in a brand new stadium!

8 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Agreed.  I've never liked this project. I hate stands that have supporting pillars in front obstructing your view!

Surely in 2020 they can do better than put these stands in a brand new stadium!

It looks exactly the same as the honking temporary stands they had at Watsonians.

I'm guessing they will just use hospitality and other facilities at Murrayfield and walk over so doesn't need much infrastructure. However they could have been a bit more adventurous with the design.

Lee Hamilton has signed for Edinburgh City. 
Can any Stranraer or Stirling Albion fans looking in here offer your opinion of  Lee Please?

If he stays injury-free he’ll be a decent signing for you guys. Missed much of our season having looked good.

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Can any Stranraer or Stirling Albion fans looking in here offer your opinion of  Lee Please?

A quality player, good on the ball and will fit our playing style perfectly.  I remember him at Stirling.  Welcome Lee. 

He’s a very good player, can play as a Left Back or in Centre Defence. Is handy going forward and solid at the back, the downside is his injuries sadly. I’m a firm believer that Hamilton is one of the best all round Defenders at this level who deserves a chance at a higher level but injuries just keep setting him back and he just doesn’t seem to be able to get a good run of things, keep him fit and you have a very good player on your hands.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We've signed Kelby Mason after his release from Hearts.

Looked pretty decent between the sticks last season so :thumsup2

Another quality player with huge potential.  Hearts loss and our gain.  Welcome back Kelby. 

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

I didn’t realise you guys weren’t going back to Meadowbank, what’s the story there?

Basically the council designs don't meet SPFL criteria on seating and turnstiles. They refused all lobbying from City to change it unless the club paid for said changes. We politely declined.

At least thats my understanding. Happy to be corrected by those more in the know than me.