Edinburgh City

5 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The nice friendly hospitable thing would be for Hearts to say 'come and use our ground at a cheap rate'  A starting point to rebuild their shattered image among the spfl 👏  Haven't been around Edinburgh much, many football grounds they could share ? or improve to a good level ? 

Unfortunately, the Scottish weather would not allow that as Hearts look as if they could do with the money.

6 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The nice friendly hospitable thing would be for Hearts to say 'come and use our ground at a cheap rate'  A starting point to rebuild their shattered image among the spfl 👏 

But would Hearts use the away dressing room when they meet in League One the season after next?

6 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The nice friendly hospitable thing would be for Hearts to say 'come and use our ground at a cheap rate'  A starting point to rebuild their shattered image among the spfl 👏  Haven't been around Edinburgh much, many football grounds they could share ? or improve to a good level ? 

Edinburgh is a city where if it's not a hotel and it's not student accommodation it's not likely to get built.

Out with Tynecastle and Easter Road, Ainslie Park is the best football ground. Edinburgh Uni have a nice ground too but it's a bit small. The other half decent facility is the Oriam- indoor football anyone?!

Apart from Murrayfield and Meggatland, there are three rugby grounds with stands, being Myreside, Goldenacre and Stewart's Melville but I don't think the facilities are that great at those. Edinburgh rugby have played at various grounds over the years, including Meadowbank, and Myreside before coming back to Murrayfield and mini Murrayfield is probably being built for them 

If you put in a big stand, ripped up the running track and built a toilet block etc. Saughton Enclosure has potential I suppose 

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I thought there was something about a wall around the Accies ground that was actually part of the neighbouring Grange Club's land.

No doubt two Edinburgh advocates from either club started arguing about how long a piece of string is...

Went for a walk past today and I have to say it's looking very impressive, and much further on than i'd imagined.

I'd like to think people at the club would maybe ask the question but who knows.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh is a city where if it's not a hotel and it's not student accommodation it's not likely to get built.

Out with Tynecastle and Easter Road, Ainslie Park is the best football ground. Edinburgh Uni have a nice ground too but it's a bit small. The other half decent facility is the Oriam- indoor football anyone?!

Apart from Murrayfield and Meggatland, there are three rugby grounds with stands, being Myreside, Goldenacre and Stewart's Melville but I don't think the facilities are that great at those. Edinburgh rugby have played at various grounds over the years, including Meadowbank, and Myreside before coming back to Murrayfield and mini Murrayfield is probably being built for them 

If you put in a big stand, ripped up the running track and built a toilet block etc. Saughton Enclosure has potential I suppose 

Went to Lothian this season,plenty of room to grow but guess the residents may grumble - saw a game on the outside 3g at Oriam, too much work tbd to meet spfl criteria. Guessing it's a ground share with maybe a rugby club, or a total rebuild of some rundown area.

Both them grounds are just being built at the moment, so it looks like one more year at Ainslie Park first.
Mini Murrayfield apparently has 12 weeks to completion, and Edinburgh Rugby hope to start their new season there in September or something.
I'm no sure when the Accies one will be ready as that includes shops being built first so could be a while yet?

Been walking past mini- Murrayfield almost daily during lockdown and I don’t think any work has been done during that period. Might still be 12 weeks though!

Mate, if they*re putting terracing on the dug outs side, it won't make any difference at Edinburgh City games in the SPFL.
It will only be in use at Spartans Lowland League games.
It would be much more beneficial if they would put terracing behind the top goal.
Why? I thought the issue with the two empty sides was with the grass banking. If they build terrace on that side but still don't allow people to stand there, I give up.

Agree on behind the goal being preferable though. It's the best vantage point on all four sides.

I wonder if City are (part) paying for it and Spartans taking the credit (see the turnstiles previously). Spartans didn't have to do anything to the terrace really and it's more of benefit to City.

Interesting the pitch is being relaid though- should suit our silky football.

10 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Thoughts on Scott Shepherd lads?

Thank you.

He is one of those Marmite type of players.  My cousin and I think he is great, my dad isn't keen.

Good player if a little inconsistent at times but tricky on the ball with an eye for goal. I always feel his performance depends on his confidence levels.

I think he will do well for you.

Edited by ARFC Exile

10 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Thoughts on Scott Shepherd lads?

Thank you.

I liked him. Worked hard down the wing, perhaps could have worked on his shooting as he had a tendency to tickle the ball when in a good position but can get goals. Also got a reputation as a diver I think although by no means the worst in L2 (hello Mitch, hello Rory). Was a sub on a few occasions last season so perhaps he wasn't guaranteed a start and was looking for 1st team football every week. I'd have kept him though 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder if City are (part) paying for it and Spartans taking the credit (see the turnstiles previously). Spartans didn't have to do anything to the terrace really and it's more of benefit to City.

The way the post is written, it sounds as if there will be two seperate embankments for home and away fans? Am I reading that right?

10 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

The way the post is written, it sounds as if there will be two seperate embankments for home and away fans? Am I reading that right?

No idea but might go and have a shufti tomorrow.

A special embankment for Clyde fans is also being built.....

....at Seafield :lol:

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

No idea but might go and have a shufti tomorrow.

A special embankment for Clyde fans is also being built.....

....at Seafield :lol:

There is enough sewage down there already...

On 13/06/2020 at 13:17, BB_Bino said:

Any Full Time team should win this league with ease, so Queens Park will be the team to beat next season.

Agreed that the Spiders will be the team to beat, and I would love to see this old club advance up the SPFL divisions.

When new Lesser Hampden is fully redeveloped, I intend to return to Glasgow, to watch an SPFL or Scottish Cup game, at the ground. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A brand new state of art pitch will help the style of football we play.  Happy days.  Terracing on the opposite side of the main stand will be good for increasing viewing opportunities - Main stand, side of pitch, behind the goals and now behind the dugouts!  All good for the season ahead.  Away fans welcome in all areas too.

Edited by City Jacobite

23 hours ago, City Jacobite said:

A brand new state of art pitch will help the style of football we play.  Happy days.  Terracing on the opposite side of the main stand will be good for increasing viewing opportunities - Main stand, side of pitch, behind the goals and now behind the dugouts!  All good for the season ahead.

Agreed.  Happy days. All positive changes.  You'd think though, the grass banking behind the top goal would have been the obvious place to start laying a new terracing first? Maybe they will dothat as well?

As for away fans welcome,  Yes all welcome,  well,   except those Clyde fans.

I think a small covered terrace at the banking end along the lines of the one at Galabank would be good but the house owners might be concerned about loss of light. But that's not going to be built immediately if ever.