Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Good chance for us to go top of the league today for the first time this season.

Still gotta win a tough game first, but would be nice to finally get in front of Cove, albeit with a game more played.

Also brilliant news about Lairdy signing a new contract. He's one of the top players in the league.

Good chance today for EC to go top like you say and I fully expect them to. 
Queens are a decent side but slightly low on confidence. McKinnon give them any kind of ‘bounce’ ; hard to say as last week be all accounts they struggled against a desolate Stenny side.

Prediction - EC 2 QP 0

1 minute ago, Tenkay said:

Did you hear Clyde as well Tam?

Aye, someone else told me today he was away to Clyde. MASSIVE club he's away to!

That would be a huge loss. EC have a talented squad and even without him I think you guys still have every chance of running Cove for the title.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That would be a huge loss. EC have a talented squad and even without him I think you guys still have every chance of running Cove for the title.

Mate, Don't know if we actually Want to go up! Didn't look like it today.

Maybe we're more comfortable In League 2.

Certainly we chucked the playoffs semi last season as holidays were booked and seemingly more important

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Mate, Don't know if we actually Want to go up! Didn't look like it today.

Maybe we're more comfortable In League 2.

Certainly we chucked the playoffs semi last season as holidays were booked and seemingly more important

Maybe just an off day against a rejuvenated Queens side with a new manager. 

Edinburgh City are going to be a league 1 side soon that’s my view anyway. Could well get promotion this season as league winners or through playoffs. I’d fancy Cove or EC to take down Forfar, Clyde or Peterhead.

71. ‘That Was The Joke’. Discussion of the disappointing home defeat to Queens Park and a look ahead to this weekends Scottish cup tie against Hamilton. Listen from 1.13. We also give some of our Scottish cup memories involving city later in the episode (43.15). 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/71--That-Was-The-Joke-ea6vc7

23 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I wonder if our midfielders are fined if they make a run beyond the striker.

The experienced guys like Handling and Harris should have got up more to support Sheps (who was isolated, and can't do it all by himself) but equally they couldn't find a forward pass at Hamilton as we had no one high enough up the pitch.

It was just a shite performance from us.

Hopefully get some better form back for next week!

The experienced guys like Handling and Harris should have got up more to support Sheps (who was isolated, and can't do it all by himself) but equally they couldn't find a forward pass at Hamilton as we had no one high enough up the pitch.
It was just a shite performance from us.
Hopefully get some better form back for next week!

It was shite but more worryingly it was shite in the same way as it was against Queens Park the week before. Need a big performance at Stenny on Saturday.

How was Stuart Morrison for you guys? Joined QP on loan and noticed he had a loan spell with yourselves

I didn’t mind him and thought he was pretty good athletically but others thought he was complete pish. Got a bad injury at Stenny away that finished his time with us from what I can remember

I liked Morrison, he was wholehearted and got stuck in (which meant he got a few knocks in games). I wonder if he suffered with being compared to Porteous who we also had on loan. 

Good luck to the lad anyway (score three o.g.s when you play City though..)

Our Twitter described Grant Savoury as a winger. He's listed on Celtic's website as a defender.. wing back maybe?!

And with another keeper signed on loan from Hearts is there a record for the most number of keepers used in a season?!