Edinburgh City

Ainslie Park, what a joke of a place to be playing senior Football!
Does anyone else a little annoyed with the refs whistle at the game next door? Seems a bit of a distraction to the main game being played! Also having to stop play to clear the ball when the next game kick theirs over the fence. Very amateurish

46 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

Ainslie Park, what a joke of a place to be playing senior Football!
Does anyone else a little annoyed with the refs whistle at the game next door? Seems a bit of a distraction to the main game being played! Also having to stop play to clear the ball when the next game kick theirs over the fence. Very amateurish

275646925_sourgrapes.jpg.c0fb5d97ad5cef68232cf3ee9c2997e5.jpg

Not one for popping onto other teams threads, but 176 for a Scottish cup game?? I'm also assuming Annan would've taken atleast 30 or so? Very poor for a team in a large city. 

Do you guys not attract the young kids from the Spartans academy? Seems for a team who had a great season last year and continue to do quite well are getting poor supports, especially on Scottish Cup days. 

Not one for popping onto other teams threads, but 176 for a Scottish cup game?? I'm also assuming Annan would've taken atleast 30 or so? Very poor for a team in a large city. 
Do you guys not attract the young kids from the Spartans academy? Seems for a team who had a great season last year and continue to do quite well are getting poor supports, especially on Scottish Cup days. 
Vile weather, season tickets not valid, Hibs at home. We're still building up a support and Annan fans don't travel in great numbers at the best of times. I would have hoped for a bigger crowd but I'm not too shocked at the figure.

5 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Every team that comes, their fans moan aboot Ainslie Park.

I really like it though, you get  a great view of the match. I prefer it to a lot of the away grounds we have to visit.

Disagree there. It’s a really poor place to watch football and a horrific view - if there’s more than 20 people there.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

And I hope that continues at Hampden next Saturday although you Spiders have picked up recently!

There's a good vibe at the moment and things are starting to click. Our last game at Hampden was a good win against Brechin but like last year, everyone at the club is aware that if we hope to make the upper play-offs we need to do better against you and Cove, andmuch better with the likes of Annan and Cowden. Should be a good game.

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Folk used to moan about the Concrete Lavvypan back in the day. Strangely enough usually just after their teams had been twatted by Meadowbank Thistle.

Haters gonna hate 

There's more atmosphere at Ainslie Park, than there was at Meadowbank Stadium. Also as a temporary relocation, beggars can't be choosers.

By the way, what's the latest news on the Meadowbank redevelopment, and when is it likely to be completed ?

65. ‘LMA Manager’ reviews the 4-3 win over Annan in their Scottish cup thriller. We discuss their draw in the next round against Hamilton and we preview this weekends trip to Hampden to face Queens Park. Listen from 46.12. 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/65--LMA-Manager-e97oor

The u20s scoring a late winner against our lovely landlords (sorry!) and enjoying it.. 
It was nice to know the young 'uns were following the style of play of the first team- went 2-0 up, got pegged back to 2-2, had a man sent off and then fluked a winner! :lol:

1140434784_u20swinninggoal.thumb.jpg.8700ae9070a8fd412c84d7e7812c9cda.jpg

1200552041_u20scelebration1.thumb.jpg.ec2a6c71fce09ba1fd728b5c835f607c.jpg

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Tam. Any confidence for the Cove game on Saturday?

I've said on another thread the defence and goalie worry me a lot this season. What do other City fans think?

We could be playing the one legged blind asylum XI with the Real Madrid first team and I wouldn't have any confidence so you're asking the wrong fan!