Edinburgh City

15 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

My preference would be to groundshare with Edinburgh Accies Rugby who are building a new stadium at Stockbridge, however, i'm not sure if it will meet SPFL criteria or has even been considered.

Unfortunately, my gut feeling is we will be at Ainslie Park for the foreseeable. 

Is that in behind The Grange? That would  be some location.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

Quality side who destroyed us once more.

My question leaving there after 20 odd minutes, apart from us being a shambles, is are Edinburgh looking to relocate at all?

There is no fan base and it just doesn't feel like a proper football experience. First time I have been there and probably the last it's just highly unenjoyable.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

It's nice to know that City are keeping up the old Meadowbank Thistle tradition of twatting teams at home and then their fans moaning about the stadium... 8)

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Is that in behind The Grange? That would  be some location.

Yeah thats the one.  There have been problems with the Locals and planning permission so not sure how long it's going to take.

The location has everything football fans would want except from parking really.

42 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

Yeah thats the one.  There have been problems with the Locals and planning permission so not sure how long it's going to take.

The location has everything football fans would want except from parking really.

It isn't that far to Waitrose though I doubt they take too kindly to people parking there.

I can imagine the locals wont be too keen on a football ground going in there give - in fact I'd say it is about as likely as getting a pint in the St Bernard's.

Camelon fans are looking forward to the game on Wednesday night, their first under the floodlights. It will be interesting to see the different standard of player on show plus a few ex-Falkirk players lining up. Considering the results from Penicuik and Broxburn against Division 2 opposition. Do Edinburgh City carry much away support? A good chance for both teams to get to a cup final

Edited by razamanaz

13 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Camelon fans are looking forward to the game on Wednesday night, their first under the floodlights. It will be interesting to see the different standard of player on show plus a few ex-Falkirk players lining up. Considering the results from Penicuik and Broxburn against Division 2 opposition. Do Edinburgh City carry much away support? A good chance for both teams to get to a cup final

there's a few fans going. I'm one of the few that's ever been to Carmuirs though so I get to do the navigation...

339035296_homermap.jpg.0044b03185d24de59d05d0659ba75c31.jpg

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

That’s some call from the referee. Presumably they have been used this season already - although maybe not on as dark an evening. Shambles. 

This was meant to be the first match under them. We ended up going to Strollers v Hill O' Breath which was also the first floodlit game there using the old Meadowbank 3G lights 

The last of the Lowland League winning squad, Sexy John Dunn*, has been released :bairn

ann9.thumb.jpg.e1b8822202d75ebdb1b5a7127819c18b.jpg

Stolen under the radar of other clubs from Craigroyston, Dunny lit up the midfield with his skills and didn't look out of place in the Scottish League. Appearances have been hampered by injury but he seems to be fit again and if Spartans or Civil pounce they'll get a damn good player. 

(*before Rab Mac there was the sexiest man in the Lowland League, Sexy John Dunn!)

38 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The last of the Lowland League winning squad, Sexy John Dunn*, has been released :bairn

Stolen under the radar of other clubs from Craigroyston, Dunny lit up the midfield with his skills and didn't look out of place in the Scottish League. Appearances have been hampered by injury but he seems to be fit again and if Spartans or Civil pounce they'll get a damn good player.

Civil, you might think, would be good for Dunny.  Can't see Spartans being interested.

Best of luck to John, whatever he does next. Has served Edinburgh City well over the years. Good man  as well.

7 hours ago, Tenkay said:

This weekend we have Annan at Ainslie park in the Scottish cup.

What are we thinking about this one?

I always shite myself before games like this. We had a good result against Annan earlier in the season but as that old cliche has it form flies out of the window in cup games. On paper we seem to be favourites but the game is played on polymer composite artificial material resembling grass. 

An early City goal to settle nerves would be nice. As would avoiding any needless defensive foul ups. On the other hand the Brechin and Albion Rovers games were exciting spectacles so let's go for a 5-4 win with lots of daftness rather than a boring 1-0! 

First half today was as good as we've played for a long time.!   Like last season's team again. 3-0 up at half time.

Second half, maybe complacency set in,  but back to the utter shite we've produced on many occasions with this seasons team.

Still, at least we're thru and in the 4th round draw.

I'm praying we get a big tie with either Celtic, Rangers Hibs Herts or Aberdeen.