Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

yes, these tiddly humpty clubs that don't own their own grounds.

perish the thought a stock car meeting would ever cause Cowden to have to switch a game.

I remember standing on the terracing at Meadowbank in the pishing rain because there was a cat show on under the stand.

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good luck to Elgin and to all the fans travelling down. Let’s see another league 2 side make it to the Quarters.

Well done to Elgin and I hope they lift the cup stuffing Clyde 16-0 in the Final  but this is the EDINBURGH City thread! ;)

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Well done to Elgin and I hope they lift the cup stuffing Clyde 16-0 in the Final  but this is the EDINBURGH City thread! ;)

Damn, wrong thread! Yep and Clyde get relegated and you boys go up to L1; it would be well deserved and about time

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I hope Cove will win the league but Edinburgh and Cowden are strong sides and will fancy their chances too.

The next round of games will tell us a lot. Cove have City and Cowden away. Shaping up to be an exciting season, if Cove or Cowden lose any of their loanees that could make a big difference.

Friday night frolics... cos the Spartans won, oh bollocks! 
and I ended up with the bloody Smiths in my head too. 

Friday night in Ainslie Park
Who said I'd lied to her?
Oh, who said I'd lied? Because I never, I never
Who said I'd lied? Because I never
And so I drank one
It became four
And when I fell on the floor
I drank more
Stop me, oh, stop me
Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before
Stop me, oh, stop me
Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before
Nothing's changed
I still love City, oh, I still love City
Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to, my love

mozz.jpg.97044808ba4a60ba3444bc076827a522.jpg

btw Fat Bob Smith was a Buddie- Friday I'm in Love Street. 

1266086028_kinggeorgev.jpg.73ba076c43308483b650bc47403f8567.jpg

HMS King George V

It was a stormy night at Ainslie Park but fortunately all hands were on deck as the good ship City sailed through the dangerous reefs of a Scottish Cup knock out to Banks of Dee and into the safe harbour of Round 3. There was a slight veering off course when Banks equalised but a penalty and then a close range broadside made it 3-1 and into safe harbour. 

What has this got to do with a World War II battleship? Well, watch this space (or the City programme...).

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

1266086028_kinggeorgev.jpg.73ba076c43308483b650bc47403f8567.jpg

HMS King George V

It was a stormy night at Ainslie Park but fortunately all hands were on deck as the good ship City sailed through the dangerous reefs of a Scottish Cup knock out to Banks of Dee and into the safe harbour of Round 3. There was a slight veering off course when Banks equalised but a penalty and then a close range broadside made it 3-1 and into safe harbour. 

What has this got to do with a World War II battleship? Well, watch this space (or the City programme...).

The last person who gave match reports like this was Stuart Hall, and look what happened to him...

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Hmm... possibly not the best timing to be playing a club who've just been pumped out the cup by Broxburn.... :unsure2:

1st goal will be crucial on Tuesday. 

I was quite surprised Stenny got beat by Penicuik actually, they had been having a few better results recently.

Tuesday night will be a tough game.

Couldn't make it tonight due to my son's training however, a convincing victory by the sounds of things. Handling, Shepherd and Harris really are great attacking options when on form.

The gap between the top 3 and the rest widening more with each passing week.

Quality side who destroyed us once more.

My question leaving there after 20 odd minutes, apart from us being a shambles, is are Edinburgh looking to relocate at all?

There is no fan base and it just doesn't feel like a proper football experience. First time I have been there and probably the last it's just highly unenjoyable.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I notice the ground works have begun for the new stadium at murrayfield. Edinburgh would be mad not to get involved in that if the sums added up. You would instantly get more away fans attending anyway as Spartans is rotten.

5 hours ago, cement said:

I notice the ground works have begun for the new stadium at murrayfield. Edinburgh would be mad not to get involved in that if the sums added up. You would instantly get more away fans attending anyway as Spartans is rotten.

My preference would be to groundshare with Edinburgh Accies Rugby who are building a new stadium at Stockbridge, however, i'm not sure if it will meet SPFL criteria or has even been considered.

Unfortunately, my gut feeling is we will be at Ainslie Park for the foreseeable.