Edinburgh City

Lets be honest, there's not much chance  of football ever getting played at Meadowbank again.
So what now for City? It would seem certain we would need to stay a bit longer at Ainslie Park until something suitable turns up.
Probably all our eggs are in the "Mini Murrayfield" basket, I would think.

Have to admit Murrayfield would be my preferred option and I think it would be a better away day for other fans, it’s also meant to be ready for the start of the 2020/21 rugby season and would cater for a larger crowd for the odd big game.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Funny that.. it didn't look like student accommodation and/or a hotel did it...

What they're building at the moment is the replacement for the sports centre which is being knocked down.

What, this?

Meadowbank 2019.jpg

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

What, this?

Meadowbank 2019.jpg

Maybe they're  building a Borg cube and we Edinburgh citizens will be assimilated into accepting the Festival Fringe, Student accomodation, Hotels, one way streets, roundabouts, pedestrianisation of most of the city centre, parking charges and any other petty Edinburgh things that get on my nerves. 

Resistance is futile. 

Have to admit Murrayfield would be my preferred option and I think it would be a better away day for other fans

I would have to agree with this and would make me more likely to go to Edinburgh City Away as I always like going to the Haymarket area of Edinburgh for a few beers, it’s just a pity the varandahi (spelling?) curry house is now closed though as that was a belter.

23 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I would have to agree with this and would make me more likely to go to Edinburgh City Away as I always like going to the Haymarket area of Edinburgh for a few beers, it’s just a pity the varandahi (spelling?) curry house is now closed though as that was a belter.

Also handy for the tram from the airport when City qualify for Europe.

1 hour ago, Mocochinchi said:

Anyone knows what’s happening about the Scottish Cup tie?

SFA website has both Spartans and City games on the 19th at 3pm at Ainslie Park.

They're playing rock scissors paper before the game. Winner gets to kick off at 3. 

11 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Anyone knows what’s happening about the Scottish Cup tie?

SFA website has both Spartans and City games on the 19th at 3pm at Ainslie Park.

Both games will be played simultaneously but with different coloured footballs* to avoid confusion.

* Full word used to avoid disturbing Kenneth.

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Getting played the Friday night. Banks O' Dee cant be happy with that.

well, they could always scratch. 

In the Lowland League City have played at Dalbeattie at 12 o clock on a Sunday and also there on a Thursday night in the EOSL days and in Wales at 5 o clock at night last season. Also played Inverness CT away in midweek last season. 

37 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I am sure you can see the different situation though.

yes, these tiddly humpty clubs that don't own their own grounds.

perish the thought a stock car meeting would ever cause Cowden to have to switch a game.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

yes, these tiddly humpty clubs that don't own their own grounds.

perish the thought a stock car meeting would ever cause Cowden to have to switch a game.

If only your team had been that defensive at Cove you may not have got ragdolled all over the pitch.