Edinburgh City

18 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Is the City heritage top a hint back to when they were Postal United with the red & black post box colours?

apparently so..

City also seemed to have worn black and red socks for one season in the 1930s according to Historic Football Kits.

personally I quite like the top. But it's a bit to close to Gala Fairydean Rovers. If they wanted a true heritage top they could have brought out a dugshite broon one in commemoration of the pitch at Fernieside...

23 hours ago, GordonD said:

It was mentioned on here when the plans were 1st announced.

2 hours ago, edinabear said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but has there been any movement on the stadium? I notice meadowbank is due to finish in Autumn 2020. Is the plan still to move back there?

I don't have any inside info on this but I'd be stunned to the point of needing medical assistance if Meadowbank was anywhere near ready for football by Autumn next year

On 10/09/2019 at 21:06, cowdenbeath said:

It was mentioned on here when the plans were 1st announced.

I'm sure I've yapped on about it on here but there's never been anything official or even semi official from the club in regards to it.

From a supporters point of view I think we're all just desperate to get away from Ainslie Park

unless City can come up with plans for a ground on top of a combined  tourist hotel/student accommodation next to a tram stop with a cycle track through the middle that doubles as a f*cking Fringe venue there will be little interest from the Council.

Ainslie Park would be ok if the grass bank behind the goal could be concreted (and a roof erected) but that's not going to happen any time soon. Spartans don't really need it and why should we pay for improvements to a ground that isn't really ours? 

Now, Spartans have a venue. We have a Scottish League place.

A "heritage" kit has just been launched combining black and red...

....Edinburgh City Spartans FC anyone? :whistle

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

unless City can come up with plans for a ground on top of a combined  tourist hotel/student accommodation next to a tram stop with a cycle track through the middle that doubles as a f*cking Fringe venue there will be little interest from the Council.

Don't be daft - where would you keep the pandas?

19 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Have you guys considered the redevelopment going on at Raeburn Place? I mean it's not far from Ainslie anyway and you'd be getting a solid Stockbridge pub session instead of whatever it is you settle for right now.

It's always seemed like a reasonable shout but not sure how the Stockbridge locals would take to hoards (a generous description of our crowds I know) of football fans disrupting their Saturday afternoon antiquing

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

It's always seemed like a reasonable shout but not sure how the Stockbridge locals would take to hoards (a generous description of our crowds I know) of football fans disrupting their Saturday afternoon antiquing

The same thing happened when there was talk of Meadowbank Thistle moving to a purpose-built stadium where the Portobello Pool used to be. Local opposition killed the project (not that it would have got anywhere anyway) which resulted in Porty becoming the buzzing tourist metropolis it is today.

2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

What's happening with you guys and Medowbank. Drove past there today and looks nothing like theres any sort of stadium being built at all.

Funny that.. it didn't look like student accommodation and/or a hotel did it...

What they're building at the moment is the replacement for the sports centre which is being knocked down.

Lets be honest, there's not much chance  of football ever getting played at Meadowbank again.

So what now for City? It would seem certain we would need to stay a bit longer at Ainslie Park until something suitable turns up.

Probably all our eggs are in the "Mini Murrayfield" basket, I would think.