Edinburgh City

7 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Can any one tell me what the parking situation is like near your ground thinking about going on saturday depending on if I will get parked ok or not

Ainslie Park sports centre right next to the ground is limited parking hit or miss.

You can park on the street on Pilton Drive and there is a big car park in the Morrisons on Ferry Road not sure about any time limits though.

6 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:
Ainslie Park sports centre right next to the ground is limited parking hit or miss.
You can park on the street on Pilton Drive and there is a big car park in the Morrisons on Ferry Road not sure about any time limits though.

Brillant thanks very much

No problem Morrision's would be the easiest but as I say not sure about anytime limits wouldn't want you to get hit with a fine! Sure some City fans would know best on that score I just normally go there by train and a bus down.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Park on Pilton Drive and it’s a 50/50 whether it will still be there when you get back. 

No problem Morrision's would be the easiest but as I say not sure about anytime limits wouldn't want you to get hit with a fine! Sure some City fans would know best on that score I just normally go there by train and a bus down.

I usually park at Morrison’s and never had any problems, you’ll usually see supporters buses parked up the back there as well.

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Park on Pilton Drive and it’s a 50/50 whether it will still be there when you get back. 

At least folk in Pilton can afford bricks to put cars up on when they've nicked their wheels. They just use lumps of coal in Cowdenbeath! :P

It was the George Best of times (in that Tamthebam was driven to drink copious amounts after last Saturday), it was the worst of times, it was the age of Norman Wisdom defending, it was the age of goalkeeping foolishness, it was the epoch of disbelief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of shite, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring 2019 of hope, it was the early season 2019-20 of despair.”

"A Tale of Two Cities, Brechin and Edinburgh" by Charles Dickhead

Brechin were one of the few teams the old Edinburgh City could beat IIRC and hopefully they might be one of the few teams the new Edinburgh City can beat...

Now it's only two games in and there's still a lot to play for and we don't want to put undue pressure on the team but if we don't get at least a point..

Spoiler

holly.png.a98bff91af9c88066f88e4953a93f05d.png

We've signed Aiden McAdams on loan from yon The Rangers. 

I was hoping he was a centre half but he's a goalie. 

Regan Lumsden has gone out on loan to Hill O'Beath. He's been scoring for fun for the u20s so hopefully a spell in the EOSL* will do him good and he can come back and be a City superstar

*almost typed "Juniors" there until I remembered Hills are now Seniors! The world turned upside down. 

Regan Lumsden has gone out on loan to Hill O'Beath. He's been scoring for fun for the u20s so hopefully a spell in the EOSL* will do him good and he can come back and be a City superstar
*almost typed "Juniors" there until I remembered Hills are now Seniors! The world turned upside down. 

"Hills"!! It's the "Haws" - never ever been Hills. Hills were the local dry-cleaners!

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

"Hills"!! It's the "Haws" - never ever been Hills. Hills were the local dry-cleaners!

Aye, you're right. Hills must be someone else and I've been hung out to dry by faulty memory! 

On 09/08/2019 at 23:19, tamthebam said:

Strange move for City to sign a goalie when we already have two quite good ones. In fact this is the one area were ok.

We also get a new midfielder, when we're actually desperate for some decent defenders and a  striker.

Edinburgh City club captain Josh Walker has retired due to ongoing knee problems.

Josh is still only 30 so having to retire quite young must have been a tough decision to take.

Good Luck for the future Josh, thanks, and  all the best buddy!