Edinburgh City

Only thing which let City down in the end last season was the depth of their squad which told when suspensions and injuries kicked in. As you say there's no Peterhead or Clyde although I thought City were better than Clyde when we played them.
As for the others hard to tell at the moment as most sides apart from City and Stirling seem to have much players.

Yeah I totally agree, maybe a more experienced side would have found a way to grind through it but we fell away badly.

I think us doing our business early is a good sign and I’m encouraged by who we’ve brought in but as you say still plenty of ins and outs to come across the league

6 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Edinburgh City won 3-0 at Gala Fairydean last night, in our first pre-season game.

The new guys, Johhny Court, Chris Kane and Alex Harris all scored.

Promotion next season maybe ?  Do you think Cove Rangers be strong promotion rivals for City ?

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Do you think Cove Rangers be strong promotion rivals for City ?

I think that's the general opinion Robert.

You would know more than me about Cove's prospects and how the Highland league champions might do?

I've heard Cove have a 5 year plan to reach the championship, so clearly big plans.

How do you see the top half of the league next season bud.

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I think that's the general opinion Robert.

You would know more than me about Cove's prospects and how the Highland league champions might do?

I've heard Cove have a 5 year plan to reach the championship, so clearly big plans.

How do you see the top half of the league next season bud.

Division 2

Promoted  :  Edinburgh City & Cove Rangers

Other play-off contenders : Stenhousemuir,  Annan Athletic & Albion Rovers

Strugglers : Brechin City, Queens Park, Stirling Albion, Cowdenbeath

Club 42 :  Elgin City (sadly !) 

+ Highland/Lowland Champions Play off  : East Kilbride  v  Fraserburgh

Uneducated speculation on my part. I didn't even consult "Mystic Mac".    How do you see it ?

Is Lewis Allan any good?

I liked him more than most and the first season (arrived in the Jan I think) he was on loan with us he looked like he had enough about him to go up a level, I was delighted when he signed on with us again. The second season was basically a disaster though and his confidence looked completely shot.

Others will be meaner about him but such is life.

5-2 win for City.  Kilby were ahead twice, and City only pulled it back to 2-2 in time added on in the first half.  Got another three after half-time, but until Darren O'Day was red-carded in 20 minutes East Kilbride looked at least as good as City.

City scorers Alex Harris (13, 71), Jonny Court (50, 55) and Scott Shepherd (45).  Don't have the EK scorers sorry.

Enjoyed my first look at the new signings yesterday. Harris clearly belongs at a higher level and you can say the same about Crane.

Also looks like Court will give the us the physical option we sorely lacked last year, he chased and won a few balls in the channel that Henderson just wouldn’t have been able to. Also for a non-goalscoring forward he’s scored a lot of goals in pre-season (I accept its different when the properly competitive stuff starts).

Anyway, clearly the highlight of the day was Darren O’Dea’s red card. Still laughing about it this morning.

Enjoyed my first look at the new signings yesterday. Harris clearly belongs at a higher level and you can say the same about Crane.

Also looks like Court will give the us the physical option we sorely lacked last year, he chased and won a few balls in the channel that Henderson just wouldn’t have been able to. Also for a non-goalscoring forward he’s scored a lot of goals in pre-season (I accept its different when the properly competitive stuff starts).

Anyway, clearly the highlight of the day was Darren O’Dea’s red card. Still laughing about it this morning.
Court has dropped a division which may help him, don't expect him to win any high balls. Good luck to him