Edinburgh City

4 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Yellow away kit or we.... I mean, you riot!

Agreed.  Bring us a yellow away kit next season.

This all black one is fukin horrendous, and unlucky as well.

2 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Agreed.  Bring us a yellow away kit next season.

This all black one is fukin horrendous, and unlucky as well.

You'd think it's a given, especially with yellow adopted as accent colour in the club crest (shirts for 2018/2019 were ordered before it was designed and revealed).

On that note, you were supplied by Football Nation Teamwear on Peffermill Road (been there, decent lil' shop) - both the home and away shirts are in Joma's Tiger template, but the black is slightly nonsensical given that this design also comes in, y'know, yellow. Instead, the club held on to 17/18's away kit as a third option, but I'm not sure if it's been used at all this year? Argueably the only matchup City would need it for is Elgin.

image.thumb.png.35f3f30c3772ef21a10dab1cb945e940.png

Question regarding the 'ultras' last night... why did they have a Cameroon flag? Is there any connection?

Groups like that often bring their own supporters to think thats great, good for them. Yet opposing supporters tend to laugh or slag them off. I'm not a big fan of drums (ours done my head in on Saturday!!) but it is refreshing to see young guys out enjoying football rather than watching on a tv.

I noticed that there was a few names missing from the squad list on the back of last night's programme.  Have we started to let go of players already?
No players released and no printing error.

We've been playing so many under-20s recently that I wanted to leave additional blank spaces, in case people still write down the correct teamlines in the programme.

I left out players who were unlikely to play again this season. To name just one, can you imagine us happily releasing Andy Black?

Ep 43, reviews city’s play off 2nd leg against Clyde and an overall review of the season. We also give our own memories from the 3rd year anniversary of city’s promotion against East Stirling. Listen in from 20.18. 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/Chilview-Bar---Ep-43--15th-May-e41ols

Airdrie are adopting a hybrid model so will have some f/t players next season
The guy who had reported said he knocked back a full time offer at Airdrie.

ETA we have reportedly offered him a part time deal too. Same guy who posted.

The guy who had reported said he knocked back a full time offer at Airdrie.ETA we have reportedly offered him a part time deal too. Same guy who posted.

I’ve always assumed that he’d be playing part time in league 1 next season (if we’d gone up I think he’d have stayed).

Don’t think full time is realistic, he’s got a good career outside football and no full time team that would be interested in him will pay enough to justify chucking the accountancy gig.

Did better than expected with us and clearly deserves a chance at a level up.