Edinburgh City

A strange move ?
Craig Napier was very poor. He couldn’t wait to send off cox, all he had to do was warn him but always wants to be the centre of attraction. 

Referee due to do the Stirling game must have called off and I’m sure Napier reffed Peterhead recently

43 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

A strange move ?

Craig Napier was very poor. He couldn’t wait to send off cox, all he had to do was warn him but always wants to be the centre of attraction. 

While it’s not consistent running after a referee and swearing at him (what I believe happened?) deserves a red card. A warning does nothing in this situation as the player will continue to do it. Happy to see more referees send players off for that kind of abuse. 

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

While it’s not consistent running after a referee and swearing at him (what I believe happened?) deserves a red card. A warning does nothing in this situation as the player will continue to do it. Happy to see more referees send players off for that kind of abuse. 

All comes down to consistency again. Referee was very poor. Only booked the paedo for a blatant off the ball kick. The Edinburgh players and bench just bullied the ref all game wanting free kicks and bookings dished out and he couldn’t stand up to them.

Just now, Brazilianlex said:

All comes down to consistency again. Referee was very poor. Only booked the paedo for a blatant off the ball kick. The Edinburgh players and bench just bullied the ref all game wanting free kicks and bookings dished out and he couldn’t stand up to them.

That’s fair but Cox should be blamed for the sending off and not the referee imo. Too easy to just blame a referee and players get away with murder.

• 2 weeks later...

‘Lazy Leg’ Ep 33,  discusses the recent 1-0s featuring Edinburgh City with a loss and a win. We also look ahead to the weekend fixture against Queens Park and further congratulations to left back Robbie McIntyre who picked up our February Player of the Month. 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast

I’ve generally defended/supported Josh Walker during his time at the club but he looks absolutely done for now. I feel for him as his injuries have ruined his career but we’re a poorer side when he’s in the team.

He could barely move after about 70 minutes today, either him or the manager need to say enough is enough.

‘Not Pretty’ - EP 34, reviews the 2-0 home victory over Queens Park, while previewing the weekend fixture away to in form Annan. Interestingly,  every game between the two this season has ended 2-1. Edinburgh City with 2 victories and Annan taking the 3 points last time out. 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/Not-Pretty---Ep-34--13th-March-e3eu2u

I hadn't realised Nade was playing for Annan now... the sod gets his revenge for Big Joe besting him in a pre-season friendly against Raith a few years ago when he had to be taken off before he was sent off.

on an entirely different theme here is a picture of two men and a forklift truck...

5c8d8cc4b1fc3_forklifttruck.jpg.3f84734025803b6a05c14152176f4a5f.jpg

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I hadn't realised Nade was playing for Annan now... the sod gets his revenge for Big Joe besting him in a pre-season friendly against Raith a few years ago when he had to be taken off before he was sent off.

on an entirely different theme here is a picture of two men and a forklift truck...

5c8d8cc4b1fc3_forklifttruck.jpg.3f84734025803b6a05c14152176f4a5f.jpg

Hahaha. To be fair, the forklift truck is about the same size as Christian Nade now ! 

Annan v Edinburgh......is there a post match Edinburgh managers comments or silence in defeat?  
You're really really interested in watching the Edinburgh manager after a defeat eh?
Remember these guys have no obligation to conduct an interview at all, or maybe there's no volunteers that's interested in asking questions after a defeat either?

21 hours ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Annan v Edinburgh......is there a post match Edinburgh managers comments or silence in defeat?  

There is a comment from Mr McDonaugh in the match report on the Edinburgh Evening News website. 

I wish you'd been silent in defeat.  

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 05:53, the philosopher said:

Got what u deserved today.

Never met  a team  who complained or dived as much  as you lot. 

Apart from Annan under Chapman. You just had to breath and they went down. Maybe that's where Blair Henderson got it from.

‘A Dog and Frodo Feet’ Ep 35, reviews the disappointing result against Annan last week however Berwick beating Peterhead has provided City with a lifeline. 1st v 2nd on Saturday and it’s a must win for city to hold any chance of a league win. Follow the below link to hear our thoughts: 

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast/episodes/A-Dog-And-Frodo-Feet---Ep-35--20th-March-e3gqpi

24 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Aha, that's strange. Footballwebpages have the wrong table. Thank you. Really hope City win the league. 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-two

They've overlooked the fact that Clyde were docked four points for fielding an ineligible player. The results were amended to 3-0 defeats and the opposition points totals adjusted accordingly. Taking points away for something like this is nothing new but nobody could remember the opposition being awarded them. In Meadowbank's final season we won the first game away at Brechin but turned out to have fielded a player who wasn't eligible and were stripped of the points. However the table still showed the result as a win; we just didn't get any points for it, and nor did Brechin. There was some discussion about the Clyde scenario at the time, particularly on how unfair some folk thought it was on Berwick (given that one of the teams who were awarded the 3-0 win was Albion Rovers, who closed the gap on them).

Genuine question: has your club been in contact with Adam Johnson yet?

As you are undoubtedly aware he is now looking for work, and I’m sure you would be willing to waive his previous little indiscretions.

Always a great laugh when someone uses a child being the victim of a grave sexual crime, possibly having their life ruined in the process, perpetrated by a predatory older man as a source of “banter”. One of my favourite jokes that.

*edited to add - FWIW I have no issue with people criticising the club for signing Thomson, I do however have an issue with people using an exploited and abused child to score points over a football club/fans you don’t like.

4 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Genuine question: has your club been in contact with Adam Johnson

Except it's not a genuine question, is it! Just yet another obvious trolling attempt from YOLT making an absolute p***k  of himself yet again!

City obviously couldn't afford him but a MASSIVE club like Clyde might be interested in pairing him up with your main striker.

Edited by Tenkay