Edinburgh City

37 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

What are your qualifications to make such a judgement? Please enlighten me.

Is what he enacted, and admitted to, perfectly reasonable conduct? For fucks sake Tam. See below. 

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I hear where you’re coming from, but allowing yourself to become “bored” of these types of issues is the start of a very slippery slope indeed, and exactly the attitude which this wretched little excuse of a club EC has hastily and forcefully adopted.

36 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

What is the difference between being fined as he was and being placed on a Communty Payback Order as happens in other sexual cases in terms of registration? 

Again, see below. 

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Hang on then, if he is a proven rapist then why is he not rightly behind bars for committing such a heinous crime? I must be missing something emoji848.png If they were guilty as charged, why did they not only both deny it but also actively appeal it? Tell you what, for ease I’ll just take your word for it emoji6.png

Some serious growing up required in North Edinburgh, or a systematic neutering of all males of reproductive age in the area instead if you're actually serious here, Tam. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

I just wanted to know your qualifications that's all.  

you see, when considering sentencing a Judge or Sheriff will usually request a background report on an offender from a psychologist or a trained expert. Reports will usually contain a risk assessment informing the Sheriff or Judge as to the risk of further offending. The Sheriff or Judge will then decide what is the best sentence based on this information. For those who pose a particular risk of re-offending there is an Order called a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) that may be imposed. A SOPO can also be sought in the civil courts should it be deemed necessary.

And I just wondered if compared to Qualified Psychologists who have read academic studies and attended conferences and those involved in working in the Criminal Justice System  who have had many years of experience whether it would just save a lot of tax payers money by employing Clyde fans to help Sheriffs pass sentence in future. 

In answer to my second question:

Certification in terms of the Sex Offenders Act either lasts as long as a Community Payback Order does (orders quite often last 18 months to  two years), 7-10 years depending on the length of a prison sentence or 5 years if a fine is imposed. Community Payback Orders are quite a common sentence for Sex Offenders in summary cases. 

Thomson was fined, which is a lesser sentence compared to a CPO (which if breached can lead to a court re-sentencing  an offender as if no Order was ever made) but imposing a fine meant that he was subject to certification for 5 years- actually longer than the more serious sentence of a CPO. 

But all you experts knew this of course. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I just wanted to know your qualifications that's all.  

you see, when considering sentencing a Judge or Sheriff will usually request a background report on an offender from a psychologist or a trained expert. Reports will usually contain a risk assessment informing the Sheriff or Judge as to the risk of further offending. The Sheriff or Judge will then decide what is the best sentence based on this information. For those who pose a particular risk of re-offending there is an Order called a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) that may be imposed. A SOPO can also be sought in the civil courts should it be deemed necessary.

And I just wondered if compared to Qualified Psychologists who have read academic studies and attended conferences and those involved in working in the Criminal Justice System  who have had many years of experience whether it would just save a lot of tax payers money by employing Clyde fans to help Sheriffs pass sentence in future. 

In answer to my second question:

Certification in terms of the Sex Offenders Act either lasts as long as a Community Payback Order does (orders quite often last 18 months to  two years), 7-10 years depending on the length of a prison sentence or 5 years if a fine is imposed. Community Payback Orders are quite a common sentence for Sex Offenders in summary cases. 

Thomson was fined, which is a lesser sentence compared to a CPO (which if breached can lead to a court re-sentencing  an offender as if no Order was ever made) but imposing a fine meant that he was subject to certification for 5 years- actually longer than the more serious sentence of a CPO. 

But all you experts knew this of course. 

Yes yes, this is all old hat tbh. The Queenies beat you to this by about two years. What they didn't do, in fairness, was shrug shoulders at a child-bender in their team.

What it doesn't answer, is how can it be acceptable to fully support the apparent findings of one such case, after being thrown out in the garbage at the PF,  but nonetheless written in plain black and white by the pretendy, he/she-hurt-my-feelings court (presumably so as not to differentiate between the confirmed and alleged crimes) yet largely ignore another which definitely, absolutely did happen?

Would it be the fact that the second happens to be playing for your team when it's at the top end of a league? I find it very difficult to believe that Edinburgh City have at any time forged enough of an emotional attatchment for them among their spectators, to strongly support his position at the club OR for the situation to be seen as anything other than normal activity, with no recourse either expected or permitted, it would seem. If its a simple game of football the twenty-odd punters are after, there are plenty of others they can attend. 

There is no-one, absolutely fucking no-one, that eager or hungry for success at this mob to merit having Thomson on board, unless either endorsing it as they help him rehabilitate (a proven non-option in thousands of similar cases) or are an equally-as-CT mentally-ill liberal nutjob claiming to support his rights. Your local MPs certainly give rise to a certain unicorn and rainbow agenda, so it's easy to see where both outcomes originate. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

2 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Hang on then, if he is a proven rapist then why is he not rightly behind bars for committing such a heinous crime? I must be missing something emoji848.png If they were guilty as charged, why did they not only both deny it but also actively appeal it? Tell you what, for ease I’ll just take your word for it emoji6.png

Tit.

Why take my word for it.  I am not qualified to make such a judgement.  I defer to the suitable qualified Lord Armstrong who stated:

Having carefully examined and scrutinised the whole evidence in the case, I find the evidence for the pursuer to be cogent, persuasive and compelling.  In the result, therefore, I find that in the early hours of Sunday 2 January 2011, at the flat in Greig Crescent, Armadale, both defenders took advantage of the pursuer when she was vulnerable through an excessive intake of alcohol and, because her cognitive functioning and decision‑making processes were so impaired, was incapable of giving meaningful consent; and that they each raped her.

23 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Superb clusterfeck of a thread. I bet some of you City guys are wishing you'd stayed in the LL! Welcome to the twilight zone of the world as seen by the Clyde fans.

"Without cruelty there is no festival" - Neitzsche

"It is no measure of mental health, to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Krishnamurti

"It is no measure of mental health, to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Krishnamurti
What do either of these two know about Scottish Second Division football? Bugger all, I would think.

16 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
6 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

What do either of these two know about Scottish Second Division football? Bugger all, I would think.

I'd call that a distinct advantage, if i'm honest. And even if it weren't, what exactly is there to know about it that would give anyone superiority? 

59 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
7 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Nietzche once had a trial for Albion Rovers. During a visit to Cliftonhill, Eric Idle discovered this and was inspired to write the Philosophers Football sketch.

This weeks episode reviews the disappointing defeat to Annan as City slip to 2nd, and on a run of 4 points from 4 games. We also preview the weekend fixture where they travel north to meet Elgin which hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for City with 3 defeats and 2 draws in their previous visits. 

Give us a follow on Twitter: @edinfootballpod

https://anchor.fm/the-edinburgh-football-podcast

58 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Interesting stuff. I'm currently reading his autobiography which covers a lot of this - fascinating read.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Interesting stuff. I'm currently reading his autobiography which covers a lot of this - fascinating read.

Good interview a slip up at the start when it says he was at the Hearts - Livi game last Saturday when it was on the Sunday.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good interview a slip up at the start when it says he was at the Hearts - Livi game last Saturday when it was on the Sunday.

If he was the only one there on the Saturday no wonder he won the prize draw!

Edited by GordonD

Just now, GordonD said:

To be fair he didn't say it was Saturday, the reporter did.

That's why I said its says maybe didn't word it right bit like the sub editor at the Scotsman/Evening News:lol: Was an interesting read through bet he could write a cracking book about his spell as headmaster at Ainslie Park!

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

That's why I said its says maybe didn't word it right bit like the sub editor at the Scotsman/Evening News:lol: Was an interesting read through bet he could write a cracking book about his spell as headmaster at Ainslie Park!

He has - his autobiography covers his school jobs as well as football management.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Head-Teacher-Football-Autobiography-Christie-ebook/dp/B00X6DS8FC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1548519172&sr=1-1&keywords=terry+christie

51 minutes ago, Carlos Alberto said:

An old pal of mine worked on the construction of Meadowbank. He reckoned that there were commentary positions in the roof space, but that they were never used because you couldn't see the far side of the track. Do any of the City or Meadowbank fans know if this is true?

cold33.thumb.jpg.e0535a8b40dfd05950c84e2c6cd1096d.jpg

ek3.thumb.jpg.03cd6ebf73bd7d89dd2592a9bf21bb60.jpg

Edinburgh City v East Kilbride.. coming to the Scottish League Division 2 soon.. nae luck Berwick.. 

if you look at the underside of the roof of the stand there were mysterious windows up there. I always wanted to have a look before the old place was flattened but I think the key was lost! If these were the commentary positions mentioned then the view was certainly at a bit of an angle- maybe good enough for covering a 100 m sprint but not for a mile race..

What used to annoy me back in the '80s was that on the rare occasion Meadowbank Thistle were on the TV (usually Scottish Cup ties) the coverage seemed to have been done by a drunk incompetent, this at an fairly modern athletics stadium. At the same time the BBC could sent cameras to the egg chasing at public parks in Corstorphine or Biggar and get great TV pictures. You knew where the money for coverage was going even then..