Edinburgh City

27 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Yup, heard from someone close to Edinburgh that he's fairly high up on their shortlist. I don't doubt that they will put together a good financial package for his replacement if he does leave, though. 

aye, time for Danny Lennon to fulfil his destiny and win D2 with City- I mean his career is stalling at the minute... ;)

On 06/01/2019 at 09:57, Officer Barbrady said:

None ever touched him because his football ideology was acid. How many players did he progress for other 'bigger' clubs? Darren Jackson and Martin Cameron?

Allan Maitland by far a superior part-time manager. And Lennon not far behind. 

We had all three and Christie was by a very significant distance the best. The other two you mention not in the same league. 

Regarding Hibs, in his book he says he was interviewed in 1986, 91 and 96 and believed on all three occasions that he had the job, only to miss out. I don't think there would have been concerns over his perceived style of football but I do suspect that he was such a strong minded character in football that there might have been concerns from some directors. His way or the highway.  

The reason he didn't go to a middle of the road full-time outfit was not due to a lack of interest in him but that it wasn't worth his while financially with his school pension. He consistently said it would need to be Hibs to convince him to have a crack at full-time. I seem to remember he was in for the Raith job late in his career after retiring from education but they made the quite ridiculous call to go with Gordon Dalziel.

Would have been fascinating to see what Christie could have done with a bigger club given what he did with part-time clubs. 

Edited by Waspie

McDonut was interviewed for the Pars reserves job last time round. Could be in the running for first team job I hear and has a release clause for full time. Jim Jeffries will put in a good word too with his old club.
im off to the bookies !

“McDonut “ :(

14 hours ago, Waspie said:

I seem to remember he was in for the Raith job late in his career after retiring from education but they made the quite ridiculous call to go with Gordon Dalziel.

Terry Christie — IQ of 140

Gordon Dalziel — IQ of my cocker spaniel. 

McDonut was interviewed for the Pars reserves job last time round. Could be in the running for first team job I hear and has a release clause for full time. Jim Jeffries will put in a good word too with his old club.
im off to the bookies !

Hope you didn’t put too much on [emoji3]
IMG_0547.jpg

17 hours ago, Waspie said:

We had all three and Christie was by a very significant distance the best. The other two you mention not in the same league. 

Regarding Hibs, in his book he says he was interviewed in 1986, 91 and 96 and believed on all three occasions that he had the job, only to miss out. I don't think there would have been concerns over his perceived style of football but I do suspect that he was such a strong minded character in football that there might have been concerns from some directors. His way or the highway.  

The reason he didn't go to a middle of the road full-time outfit was not due to a lack of interest in him but that it wasn't worth his while financially with his school pension. He consistently said it would need to be Hibs to convince him to have a crack at full-time. I seem to remember he was in for the Raith job late in his career after retiring from education but they made the quite ridiculous call to go with Gordon Dalziel.

Would have been fascinating to see what Christie could have done with a bigger club given what he did with part-time clubs. 

Middle of the road, full-time outfit. If ever a sense of entitlement required detecting from Postal Utd well-wishers was required, there it is. 

On 10/01/2019 at 17:49, Officer Barbrady said:

Middle of the road, full-time outfit. If ever a sense of entitlement required detecting from Postal Utd well-wishers was required, there it is. 

I do recall Christie getting under Clyde's skin massively around the end of the last century. Good you are over it now though. 

Screenshot_20190110_192814.thumb.jpg.bcb686e494cacc1770754d286bb96cb5.jpg

38 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I do recall Christie getting under Clyde's skin massively around the end of the last century. Good you are over it now though. 

Screenshot_20190110_192814.thumb.jpg.bcb686e494cacc1770754d286bb96cb5.jpg

Actually, he got under our skin from about 1986 onwards, with all three lower-rank, largely inconsequential clubs on quite a regular basis, too. 

However, during all those trouncings dished out very regularly at venues from Dens Park, McDiarmid and Brockville, to Love St, Firhill and everywhere else in between throughiut the 2000s, including giving Alloa a four goal start in the playoff, you didn't really figure much. 

The reference of Hibs as "middle of the road" is the equivalent of Clyde supporters labelling Manchester United as "the great under-achievers". 

Another club we've also actually beaten, in an illustrious history. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

8 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Actually, he got under our skin from about 1986 onwards, with all three lower-rank, largely inconsequential clubs on quite a regular basis, too. 

However, during all those trouncings dished out very regularly at venues from Dens Park, McDiarmid and Brockville, to Love St, Firhill and everywhere else in between throughiut the 2000s, including giving Alloa a four goal start in the playoff, you didn't really figure much. 

The reference of Hibs as "middle of the road" is the equivalent of Clyde supporters labelling Manchester United as "the great under-achievers". 

Another club we've also actually beaten, in an illustrious history. 

Still absolutely raging :lol:

Reference to middle of the road full-time clubs was very obviously not about Hibs.

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we’ve made an enquiry over Blair Henderson. Any idea what he’s like? Is his contract up in the summer?

He's 6 foot 4 and he always scores. That's all you need to know. 

He'll cost you Livy b*****ds 500k too... ;)

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

He's 6 foot 4 and he always scores. That's all you need to know. 

He'll cost you Livy b*****ds 500k too... ;)

Sounds like we’re looking at him to replace Lee Miller then if his injury is bad. We usually play with a big striker then either one or two off of him. 

Kind of player that would do well alongside Menga 

Edited by ATLIS